5/4 12:15 AM PST EDIT: Wow, my latest video project took a looooot longer than expected! It’s almost finished, though. I’ll upload the first part later today, and the second part tomorrow. I’m very sorry for the long wait!
5/2 7:10 PM PST EDIT: Part 1 is finished. It’s 13 minutes and 45 seconds long! I could upload it right now…but I feel like I shouldn’t upload Part 1 unless I can guarantee that Part 2 will be ready within 24 hours of Part 1’s release. So, I’m going to work on Part 2 and release Part 1 once I feel certain that Part 2 is almost finished. I’m sorry for the wait!
5/1 9:15 PM PST EDIT: Sorry, the video definitely won’t be coming out tonight. It’s now pretty much guaranteed to be a two-part video. Part 1 will either be released on May 2nd or May 3rd.
4/30 11:15 PM PST EDIT: I forgot to mention something! I updated this blog post as soon as I remembered. If the game has been crashing for you when trying to load the school environment, please scroll down to the bottom of this post to read some important information that should help solve the problem.
Hi! My next YouTube video isn’t quite ready yet. It’ll take another 24~48 hours to prepare. It’s turning out to be a really long video…it might actually be split into two parts.
I don’t want to keep you waiting any longer for an update, so I’m going to upload a new build now and upload the new video(s) later.
To see a list of everything that is new, fixed, or changed in the latest build of the game, scroll down beneath this breath-takingly beautiful artwork by Haokkui!
Wow – that is such a gorgeous illustration! I really love it! Click here for a full-size, 23 megabyte version. The artist also produced another drawing that is just as beautiful, if not even more so; you can check it out here!
This build actually contains around 32 differences from the previous build. This might actually be the longest changelog I’ve ever written! Click “Continue Reading” if you’d like to see it.
It’s very late in the day (and in most timezones, easter is already over) but I still wanted to say: Happy Easter, everyone! I hope that you had a wonderful day!
Check out this absolutely adorable illustration from Amyuune, featuring Yandere-chan and Amai dressed up as two super-cute bunnygirls!
On a completely unrelated note…
Unfortunately, yesterday’s video was age restricted. Why? The notification I got from YouTube was pretty vague, and didn’t describe the exact moment that crossed the line. I submitted an appeal, but my appeal was rejected. I’ve taken a guess about what content was considered inappropriate for a general audience, censored it, and uploaded a new version of the video. You can see it here:
I’ve made progress on Osana, but not enough progress to make a whole video about her just yet. During these periods of time when I’m not yet ready to show you the next big feature, I will instead be making videos about various subjects related to the game’s development. That’s the kind of video you’re about to see!
Hopefully, the next video will be all about Osana’s interaction events and confession cutscene – but if it proves to be impossible to implement all of that stuff within a 2-week time frame, then the next video will be another video about general game development stuff, similar to the video above.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
The changes in this build are relatively minor – just a few bug fixes and a few updated models/textures:
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Updated some outdated student portraits.
- Replaced more copyrighted music with original music.
- Fixed bug that would make Pippi appear bald when kidnapped.
- Updated the large backdrop image displayed behind the school’s neighborhood.
- Fixed bug that could allow the radio distraction to interfere with scripted events, resulting in weird bugs.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to appear bald if she got a Game Over while wearing certain hairstyles.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to fall through the floor if more than 3 of them witnessed murder simultaneously.
- Updated more models in the Martial Arts Club as part of the process of removing all temporary placeholder art assets from the game.
- Added a new easter egg. It’s not accessed from the Debug Menu. It involves the delinquents. I wonder how long it will take for people to figure out how to activate it…
Remember that you can hold down the Shift key when changing Yandere-chan’s accessory to jump ahead 10 accessories, to minimize the number of times you need to mash the button to see the newest accessory. This works with hairstyles, too. (Of course, one day, there should actually be a genuine graphic user interface for selecting these things…)
There’s a video that has been in the works for a really long time that is almost finished. I’m REALLY looking forward to sharing it with you! Hopefully, it will be fully completed sometime within the next two weeks. If not, then you’ll get to see it sometime in early May. Aside from that, I’m going to keep working on Osana.
Thank you for your patience!
There were so many changes in the previous build of the game that some new bugs were created. I’ve created a new build that fixes many of the bugs that popped up in the previous one!
Scroll down past this utterly badass artwork by Eisjon to see the changes in the latest build!
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that could cause two game overs to occur simultaneously if the player got an “Apprehended” game over and let the game sit at the game over screen until the police arrived at school, which would trigger the police investigation sequence, eventually resulting in a second game over.
- Changed the floor texture in the Martial Arts Club and began to add new props. (More props will be added/replaced in the future. Don’t worry, the final version of the club will maintain the original color scheme.)
- If you open the easter egg menu and press the “a” key on your keyboard, Oka will wear this blazer. (It’s only compatible with the default uniform. I don’t suggest combining it with other uniforms!)
- Fixed bug that would cause a mysterious button prompt to appear on one of the rooftop air vent covers. (What is the purpose of this mysterious button prompt be about? It’s a secret…)
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to slide across the ground at high speeds when speaking to a character after dumping a tranquilized girl into a music case.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck on the tranq box if she tried to put a girl into the box from the back instead of the front.
- It is no longer possible to use the debug turtle to summon a character after destroying that character’s corpse; it was causing too many bugs.
- Fixed bug that could cause one of the rooftop air vent covers to go floating off into space if any physics objects bumped into it.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to perform her dragging animation if she was running and mopping at the same time.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to use the “Distract” command to send a student to distract a dead person.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to tranquilize girls outside of the storage room.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to gossip about Senpai.
I feel kind of bad about yesterday’s blog post. I worry that it left the impression that I was yelling at the fans, or ungrateful towards the fans. That wasn’t my intention at all. That giant essay in my previous blog post wasn’t aimed at the entire fanbase, but was instead aimed specifically at the people who were massively over-reacting when there wasn’t a build/video in early April, and freaking out because I took a single day off to play a video game.
Although I still think that the lack of a blog post for a few days doesn’t justify a massive freak-out – and I still think that I shouldn’t be required to inform people every time I take a day off – I agree that I should have made a blog post anyway. It would have cost practically no time at all, would have kept everyone well-informed, and would have saved us from some drama. “It’s better to over-communicate than under-communicate” is something that one of my old mentors would often say, and I should have remembered this advice.
When’s the next update video?
Although I originally planned to upload a video in early April and then upload another video on April 15th like usual, we’re so close to April 15th that I think I should just forget about uploading the early-April video and make it the mid-April video, instead. That’s currently how I feel.
A new build is now available! Usually, I update the game as soon as the latest build contains 10 noteworthy differences from the previous build (whether those differences are bug fixes, changes to previous content, or the addition of new content). This time around, I couldn’t really decide on the “right” time to upload the build, so I held onto it for longer than usual. I held onto it for so long that it now contains around 23 differences from the previous build. Wow!
I noticed that some fans were expressing concerns about the lack of a new build or progress update at the beginning of the month. I have a lot to say about that subject, and I’m going to elaborate further down in this blog post. I also have a lot to say regarding a recent misunderstanding and my policy towards e-mails. Additionally, there are a bunch of questions that I’d like to ask the Yandere Simulator fan community; you’ll find several polls at the bottom of this post.
As usual, this blog post will start off with the changelog for the latest build. To check it out, scroll down past this amazing illustration of Megami Saikou by an artist named “21“!
Click “Continue Reading” to read the list of everything that is new in this build, followed by an explanation for the “delay” of this build, followed by some words I’d like to say about my e-mail policy, followed by a bunch of polls for the community.
Some multilingual fans of Yandere Simulator have been gracious enough to translate my YouTube videos for non-English-speaking fans. In this blog post, I will keep a list of YouTube channels that translate my videos, so that non-English-speaking fans will be able to follow the development of the game.
This list will grow over time; I will update this blog post with new channels as I learn about them.
I know that I’ve encountered more translation channels than the ones listed above, but right now, those are the only channels that I can remember. If you encounter or operate a translation channel, please inform me (over e-mail) and I’ll update this blog post to list more languages.
I don’t care about this, YandereDev. Where is the next video? Where is the next update?
I’m sorry. Please be patient.
Two years ago, a game was released that changed the world. One year ago, the sequel was released, and raised the bar for video games everywhere. And now, today, the long-awaited third game in the series has finally been released. Sell Breath of the Wild. Cancel your pre-order for Persona 5. You don’t need any game other than this one.
Yes, that’s right, you guessed it – it’s Kuudere Simulator 3. Words cannot express the immense amount of new content you’ll find in this game, so I’ll let the video speak for itself:
You can download this outstanding work of art here:
Now that Kuudere Simulator 3 has been released, we can cancel all future gaming award shows. We already know who the winner is going to be. Huh? What? You want to hear about progress on Yandere Simulator? Who even cares about that game anymore? Kuudere Sim 3 is a far superior game. I’ve already forgotten what Yandere Simulator was about. Was it about some ponytail girl or something? I’m changing my username to KuudereDev from now on.
Kuudere Simulator 2 had so much content that, to this day, nobody has managed to achieve 100% completion or obtain all trophies. Kuudere Simulator 3 has more content than you can possibly experience in a human lifespan. I hope you have fun with it!
My next video will be uploaded on April 2nd or April 3rd!
(If you haven’t already seen it, please check out the Male Rival Introduction Video and my Three Year Anniversary blog post!)
I plan to upload two videos today. Here’s the first one!
The artwork for this video was illustrated by Koumi-Senpai! She has drawn a LOT of gender-swapped Yandere Simulator artwork, so please check out her work if you’d like to see more!
The second video will be uploaded in 12 hours! I hope you will look forward to it!
(If you haven’t already seen it, please check out my Three Year Anniversary blog post!)