Last Update: May 25th 11:15 AM
The most recent build is located here: yanderedev.wordpress.com/downloads
I’ve got some bug fixes for you! But first, first, check out this cool artwork!
You can see a larger version here.
And you can find the talented artist, Aea, by clicking here.
With that out of the way, it’s time to tell you what bugs got squashed!
- Limited the speed of the “Pass Time” feature and the speed-up debug controls so that it’s not possible (or at least not easy) to cause the game to run so fast that an NPC’s pathfinding breaks.
- If an NPC is going to meet up with a friend and the player tries to talk to her, the NPC will politely explain that they are too busy to talk.
- If two NPCs are having a private conversation and the player walks up to them, they will get annoyed with her and the conversation will end.
- The purple-haired girl will now stay late at school so that the player can plan meetings past the time when she previously went home.
- The player can no longer speak to NPCs who have just witnessed a murder or a corpse while they are fleeing.
- Yandere-chan no longer walks in place if she was walking while receiving instructions to go to class.
- If the player kills an NPC who is in the middle of a conversation, the conversation ends.
- The player can no longer talk to two NPCs who are having a conversation with each other.
- Disabled pausing and the “Quit game?” window while writing a letter.
- Added screen blur to the background when writing a letter.
- Fixed the broken “Hateful” easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to react to Yandere-chan grabbing a corpse even if that corpse was on the other side of the map.
- Fixed bug that would keep the “Push” command above a girl’s head even after she had walked away from the rooftop.
- Added a “teacher finds suicide note, but doesn’t find a body” scenario to the End-Of-Day-Results screen.
- The player can no longer drop a note into a girl’s locker while she is standing in front of her locker.
- Disabled the player’s ability to push a girl off the roof while being chased by a teacher.
- Pulling out a weapon while dragging a corpse now drops the corpse automatically.
- Added a new easter egg.
May 20th, Part 1:
- Attempted to fix the bug that would make Xbox controller prompts appear when using a keyboard.
- Attempted to fix bug that would make teachers get stuck on the doors leading into the gym.
- Attempted to fix bug that would make teachers get stuck on the stairs leading into the gym.
- Added colliders to the stairs inside of the gym so that players can walk up the stairs.
- Fixed bug that would make teachers shut their eyes when standing guard over a corpse.
- Added three new hairstyles to the game.
May 20th, Part 2:
- Yandere-chan can now transition from crouching to crawling without having to stand up first.
- The player is no longer able to summon the weapon menu while picking up a weapon.
- The player must now de-equip weapons before leaving a note in a girl’s locker.
- Fixed bug that would cause custom textures to appear on the wrong body parts.
- Fixed bug that would make Yandere-chan go bald during a game over.
May 20th, Part 3:
- I activated Yandere-chan’s “Custom Skin Example” textures for testing, but forgot to de-activate them. I’ve de-activated the custom skin textures, so now her appearance is back to normal.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the phone highlight to scroll super fast nonstop if the player held down the right combination of buttons.
- Yandere-chan can no longer go to class if there is a corpse lying around on school grounds.
May 20th, Part 4:
- Fixed an easter egg that broke in the last update.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere Vision to remain active during class.
- Fixed bug that would cause the WASD keys to select a menu item by two steps instead of one step.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Yandere-chan from going to class if a tranquilized student was anywhere on school grounds.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in her laugh animation if Senpai came near her while laughing.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Leave Note” button prompt to be unresponsive for the first 20 seconds of the day.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Yandere-chan from going to class if a suicide had been faked earlier that day.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s hair to detatch from her body during the “Heartbroken” sequence.
- Fixed two polygons on Yandere-chan’s right arm that weren’t updating the character’s arm texture properly.
- Attempted to fix bug that would make Yandere-chan freeze when performing the mop-dipping animation.
- Changed the music that plays during the “dark” phase of the title screen.
- Added a new student who follows a different routine than normal students.
- Attempted to reduce clipping when using the “Yuno” hair mesh.
- Fixed bug that was causing students to ignore corpses.
- Restored the torn clothing of Punished Yandere-chan.
May 25th, Part 1:
- Fixed bug that would cause bizarre behavior from the new game-playing NPC if the player interrupted them while they were playing a game.
- Fixed bug that would break the “react to corpse” animation if a student discovered a corpse while holding a cell phone.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s scrunchie to remain on her head even when her ponytail was gone.
- Fixed bug that would make a girl find a note in her locker twice in one day, even if only one note was left inside.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to go to class if they had tranquilized someone that day.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from acknowledging that the player had leveled up Literature.
- If Yandere-chan kills a girl who is playing video games, that girl’s computer will now shut off.
- Prevented the computer room’s gaming music from being heard inside of other rooms.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to leave multiple notes in a girl’s locker.
- Fixed bug that was preventing students from properly reacting to dead bodies.
- Added new “find note in locker” animation.
May 25th, Part 2:
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if a teacher spotted Yandere-chan while covered in blood and talking to a student simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to freeze if Yandere-chan picked up the bottle of poison in the chemistry lab and then went to class.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Yandere-chan’s black aura from showing up on her hair during Yandere Vision.
- Increased teacher run speed so that Yandere-chan can no longer outrun teachers.
I will continue to update this blog post whenever I upload a new build between now and June 1st.
The latest build can be found here: https://yanderedev.wordpress.com/downloads/
This update contains some of the darkest subject matter so far!
If you think this is unappealing, don’t worry. The final game won’t be this dark ALL the time…unless you want it to be. The player’s actions determine how dark the game gets.
- Created the code structure for an “Event” system, in which two NPCs break out of their normal routine and go have a conversation somewhere.
- If the player eavesdrops on two NPCs during an “Event”, new gameplay options will become available.
- Created an interface for crafting a note and leaving it inside of a girl’s locker.
- Programmed NPCs to react positively or negatively to a note in their locker, depending on the content of the letter.
- Programmed NPCs to go stand at a specific location at a specific time, if they responded positive to a note.
- Added the ability to push a girl off the school rooftop.
- Added the ability to leave a suicide note on a dead girl’s shoes if the player’s Language skill is high enough.
- Added a police response to suicide.
- Programmed the railing on the school rooftop to be replaced with a chain-link fence after a suicide is discovered.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to run towards a corpse instead of Yandere-chan if Yandere-chan dragged a corpse in front of that teacher while a student was reporting a corpse to a different teacher.
- Attempted to fix a bug that would cause a teacher’s pathfinding to break if the teacher spotted a corpse and then that corpse was dumped into the incinerator without the teacher noticing Yandere-chan.
- Fixed bug that would cause students who died in the middle of the “Heartbroken” or “Expelled” sequence to come back to life in the middle of the sequence.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in “Lewd” status even when not aiming her camera at a girl’s skirt or panties.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Expelled” sequence to break if the teacher grabbed Yandere-chan right before 6:00 PM.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to not react properly to Yandere-chan if she spoke to them while bloody.
LAST UPDATED: May 7th, 11:45 PM
If you’re looking for general information about the latest build, click here.
If you want to download the latest build, click here.
Wow! What beautiful fan art by Bakki!
As expected, you guys found tons of bugs in the latest build! I spent all day fixing the “easy” bugs, but the remaining bugs will require much more time to resolve. Here’s what’s fixed in the current build:
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to play the wrong animation during the “Expelled” sequence if she was in “Pass Time” mode when she was caught.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in the body-dragging animation when placing a girl’s body into the “kidnap box”.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to label the player as “lewd” if he aimed his camera at a girl who was on the other side of a wall.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to ignore corpses that had been dragged away from the spots where they were initially murdered.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to laugh at the EXPELLED screen if she was laughing when the teacher caught her.
- Updated Yandere-chan’s “expelled” animation so that her hand is behind her back, where the teacher is trying to keep it.
- Increased the size of a teacher’s cone of vision so that they can see murder occuring at the back of their classrooms.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Yandere-chan from returning home if she was bloody, armed, or insane.
- Fixed bug that could cause the game to become unresponsive while inside of Yandere-chan’s room.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to ignore Yandere-chan while she was in “Pass Time” mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to avoid using the stairs on the opposite side of the gym.
- Fixed bug that would cause errors with the weapon pickup name labels.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be labeled “Lewd” while taking out her camera if the camera accidentally pointed at a girl’s skirt during the “raise camera” animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause an NPC running to report murder to forget about the murder and resume his normal routine if the time of day changed while he was running.
- Fixed bug that would cause students who witnessed murder or corpses to panic and hide for the entire day even after a teacher had determined that it was a prank.
- Fixed bug that would cause the word “Stop” to remain above a student’s head if that student witnessed murder while the “Stop” prompt was active.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to strike up a friendly conversation with a student who is fleeing in terror from a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to be “Expelled” for minor infractions while she was being chased for more serious crimes.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to continue following their routines while Yandere-chan is being “Heartbroken” or “Expelled”.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to strike up a friendly conversation with a student while being chased by a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to speak the wrong line when witnessing Yandere-chan’s insanity while guarding a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would break the “Expelled” cut-scene if Yandere-chan was grabbed while dipping a mop into a bucket.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to ignore all corpses after being led to believe that one corpse was a prank.
- Changed the turning speed of students in an attempt to prevent them from getting stuck on corners when running.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to continue following their routines during the “Police Invesitgation” screen.
- Fixed bug that would break the “Expelled” cut-scene if Yandere-chan was grabbed while she had her camera out.
- Fixed bug that would break the “Expelled” cut-scene if Yandere-chan was grabbed while attacking a student.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to react improperly when witnessing Yandere-chan dragging a corpse.
- Increased the maximum running speed of teachers so that it’s impossible for the player to outrun them.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to go to class while a teacher was investigating a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would enable the “Apology” dialogue option on a student who had witnessed a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to trigger multiple easter eggs at the same time.
- Yandere-chan now drops her weapon at the proper moment durin the “Expelled” animation.
- Now, if Yandere-chan is holding a weapon when she is spotted by Senpai, she drops it.
- Fixed bug that would allow multiple teachers to chase Yandere-chan simultaneously.
- Disabled the HUD during the “Heartbroken” and “Expelled” sequences.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be labeled as “lewd” if she was pointing her camera at a girl’s skirt when another student was blocking Yandere-chan’s view of that girl.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to become unresponsive if the player was aiming Yandere-chan’s smartphone while being apprehended by a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if Yandere-chan was caught by a teacher with a few seconds remaining on the Police countdown timer.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to become unresponsive if the player murdered the student who reported murder to them.
- Atempted to fix bug that would cause the week to reset to Monday if the player selected “Load Checkpoint” on a Friday.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to walk in place when dumping a body into the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would cause Monday to occur two times in one week.
- Replaced the instrument case’s model with a nicer-looking one.
- Added a new room with some placeholder props as a test.
- Attempted to fix “only Senpai spawns at school” bug.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to retain “Trespassing” status even after leaving a trespass-zone.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to sometimes not obtain “Trespassing” status when entering a classroom.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to hold on to a corpse when being tackled by a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Teacher’s Pet to try and run and inform a teacher of murder even if that teacher had witnessed the same murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to freeze permanently if she witnessed a corpse, and that corpse was then thrown into the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would cause the teacher to acknowledge a corpse that Yandere-chan was dragging, but not acknowledge the fact that Yandere-chan was dragging a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Expelled” sequence to break if Yandere-chan was grabbed by a teacher while she was tossing a corpse into the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to expell Yandere-chan for holding an unsuspicious weapon if she was trespassing as she was holding it
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to play her mopping animation during the “Expelled” sequence if she was mopping while she was grabbed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to hold items in her hands (water bucket, bloody uniform) during the “Expelled” sequence.
I spent 4 days fixing bugs, but I will probably spend the next 7 days adding new features to the game, so it is doubtful that this post will be updated again!
The latest build can be found here: https://yanderedev.wordpress.com/downloads/
As usual, the latest YouTube video demonstrates the newest features more effectively than a blog post could:
If you’re interested in reading a full list of changes, here you go:
- Added teachers to every classroom.
- If the player is spotted by a teacher while bloody, carrying a weapon, visibly insane, or taking panty shots, they will be expelled from school.
- If the player enters another teacher’s class while their class is in session, the teacher will tell the player to leave the room.
- If the player doesn’t exit a teacher’s class after being told repeatedly to leave, the teacher will take disciplinary measures against the player.
- If the player is late for a class, the teacher will scold the player. The intensity of the scolding depends on how late the player was.
- If the player is late for class, they will get fewer Study Points to allocate that day.
- If the player attempts to attack a teacher, the teacher will resist the attack and debilitate the player, resulting in a game over. (In the future, I will give the player the option to counter-attack the teachers.)
- Added the “Teacher’s Pet” personality type.
- If a student with the Teacher’s Pet personality discovers a corpse or witnesses murder, they will run and tell a teacher.
- If a teacher is informed of a murder, they will run to the scene of the crime and investigate it.
- If a Teacher’s Pet witnesses a murder/corpse, but someone else is already reporting a murder/corpse, then the student will run and hide in a classroom instead of informing a teacher.
- If a Teacher’s Pet informs a teacher of a murder/corpse and leads the teacher to the scene of the crime, but Yandere-chan has already cleaned up the evidence, the teacher will conclude that the student was pulling a prank on her.
- Fixed bug that would break Yandere-chan’s animations during the Heartbroken cutscene if she was laughing or using the mop when spotted by Senpai.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to dip her mop into a bucket of water when that bucket in a different room or behind a wall.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to dip her mop into a bucket that was much higher or much lower than her elevation.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “kidnapped prisoner” model to turn black (hairstyle and hair color will still be incorrect).
- Fixed bug that would prevent camera from centering properly if the player gets a game over while crouching or crawling.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to trigger Easter Egg music without changing Yandere-chan’s appearance.
- Fixed bug that would cause an automatic game over if Senpai noticed Yandere-chan while in “Pass Time” mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPC pathfinding to break if Yandere-chan was blocking the school’s exit.
- Fixed bug that would cause police countdown timer to display minutes as “1:60” instead of “2:00”.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to bring up their phone menu while allocating Study Points.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to ignore Yandere-chan when she was dragging a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai’s face to become deformed during Game Over sequence.
- Fixed bug that could get two weapons stuck in Yandere-chan’s hands simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that would cause time to keep advancing during the Heartbroken cut-scene.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to laugh during the Heartbroken cut-scene.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in the mopping animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to “float” when running down stairs.
- Fixed bug that would cause the wrong text to display over weapon pick-ups.
- Fixed the textures on the male students during the Titan Easter egg.
- If a student catches Yandere-chan taking panty shots, Yandere-chan gets a reputation penalty.
- The player can no longer attend class if they are armed, bloody, insane, or dragging a corpse.
- Made the camera transitions in the Game Over sequence smoother.
- Added several new “O key” accessories for Yandere-chan to wear.
- Removed an Easter egg that was repeatedly reported as a bug.
- Added props, decorations, and furnishings to the classrooms.
- Attempted to fix the “Only Senpai comes to school” bug.
- Disabled pausing during the Game Over sequence.
- Added a new model for Senpai’s Shrine.
- Added a rooftop to the school.
- Added a new easter egg.
The latest build isn’t ready yet, but it should be available soon!
How you can help prevent this from happening again: