The last build had some bugs in it! I’ve done my best to fix as many as possible as quickly as I could.
Scroll down past this super-cute artwork by Doo to read about the latest bug-fixes.
- Fixed bug that would cause some student NPCs to slide along the ground after witnessing murder or a corpse and then hearing another student scream. However, this is still a problem for teacher NPCs.
- Added Japanese symbols to the bandannas of the Martial Arts club members so that they wouldn’t look like they were wearing Japanese funeral headbands.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to totally glitch out if she was laughing while she was attacked by a Heroic student.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Kokona from sitting on a bench on the rooftop in shame when her reputation fell low enough.
- Fixed bug that would cause the storage room doors to open so wide that they clipped into nearby walls.
- Fixed bug that would cause the doors in the back of the school to swing open in the wrong direction.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the new students from remaining dead after they were killed.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to ask a friend to distract a dead student.
- Fixed bug that would cause some doors in the girls’ bathroom to behave strangely.
- Fixed bug that could cause the struggle animation to become de-synchronized.
- Added cafeteria tables to the cafeteria. (Students don’t sit in them yet.)
- Fixed typos in the Japanese words written on the erotic manga.
- Colored the walls and ceiling in the Martial Arts club.
I’ve been receiving an avalanche of incredibly stupid e-mails. If you haven’t already seen it, please read this blog post.
Hello, everyone! Please check out the latest YouTube video!
The most significant thing about this update is the new school. Here’s an overhead map of the new school:
Here’s a comparison of the old school and the new school:
Here’s a view of the current schoolgrounds (subject to change, just like everything else):
The new school has 54 rooms in total:
- Locker Room
- Dining Area
- Headmaster’s Office
- 6 storage closets
- 6 classrooms
- 9 clubrooms
- 12 bathrooms
- 18 miscellaneous rooms
The “miscellaneous” rooms range from faculty rooms to student-operated rooms to teaching environments.
Out of all the rooms listed above, only about 10 of them are actually furnished with props.
- Added the “Heroic” personality type. Heroic students will attempt to restrain you, like a teacher.
- Added a “Struggle” minigame that takes place when grabbed by a Hero.
- Added a time display to Yandere-chan’s room at home.
- Added a “Headmaster’s Office” room to the school.
- Added a plaza to the center of the school.
- Added a running track to the school.
- Added 10 new students to the game.
- Kidnapping now takes place in the school’s northwest storage room on the first floor, instead of in the gym’s storage room.
- You can now leave a note in Kokona’s locker telling her to meet you at the school fountain, where you can drown her.
- Began implementing a new gym environment (it currently only has an interior, with no exterior).
- Student portraits now have a gradient background instead of a solid color background.
- Expanded the total size of the school campus to over twice its previous size.
- Doors now have signs that describe the room on the other side of the door.
- Changed the locations of some of the collectibles.
- Students now sit down in chairs during class.
- Placed the mythical tree on top of a hill.
- Changed Midori Gurin’s hairstyle.
- Expanded the size of the roof.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to wake up late from reading manga at night and still have enough time to torture a prisoner before heading to school.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to look towards Yandere-chan whenever they became alarmed, even if they were alarmed by something else.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the player from hearing the Basement Tape after bringing it to the tape player.
- Fixed bug that was causing apologies to damage Yandere-chan’s reputation instead of repairing her reputation.
- Fixed bug that would cause some kidnapped students to have two hairstyles displaying simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to appear bald during a Game Over in “Cirno Mode”.
- Fixed bug that would prevent students from leaving the map after leaving school for the day.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona’s hair to glow green after she was kidnapped.
In this build, I began to implement club rooms, began to implement more personalities, and began to implement a new gym. Of course, what I wanted to do was completely implement clubs. What I wanted to do was implement all planned personalities. What I wanted to do was completely implement the new gym, and a pool. I also really wanted to implement a new elimination method – a method that couldn’t be implemented until a specific clubroom was in the game.
In a perfect ideal dream world, the December 1st update would have all of those features. However, that’s a lot of work, and I can’t guarantee that I can get all of that stuff done in just two weeks. My top priority over the next two weeks will be adding a new elimination method to the game. Anything else that I can accomplish will simply be a bonus.
I’m worried that the current build is a lot more buggy than the previous builds, so it’s very likely that I’ll post a “bug-fixing update” within 24 hours. After that, I’ll start working on the next elimination method, and then I’ll try to add whatever else I can fit in before the December 1st deadline.Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
I hope you had a fun Halloween!
I added some more features to the game. Here’s a video that tells you everything you need to know:
Here’s a bullet-point list of all the new changes to the game:
Manga and Seduction:
- Added collectible manga books to the school.
- Added the ability to read manga in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Added a “Seduction” stat for Yandere-chan that can be increased by reading erotic manga at night.
- If Seduction is at Level 1 or higher, you receive a reputation bonus when complimenting boys.
- If Seduction is at Level 2 or higher, you receive less reputation penalty from boys.
- If Seduction is at Level 3 or higher, you deal extra reputation damage with gossiping with boys.
- If Seduction is at Level 4 or higher, boys will do favors for you even if you haven’t befriended them yet.
- If Seduction is at Level 5, you receive all of the above benefits from girls as well as boys.
- If you are friends with a student who has witnessed you misbehaving, you will receive less reputation loss.
- If your reputation is “Good”, you receive a higher reputation penalty for “Yandere behavior”.
- If your reputation is “Bad”, you receive less reputation penalty for “Yandere behavior”.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to leave behind shoe-shaped footprints when she stepped in a puddle while barefoot in her swimsuit.
- All panty buffs are now functional (except for the “convince two students to fall in love” panties).
- As of now, you can no longer ask multiple students to follow you around at the same time.
- As of now, you can no longer kidnap males, and can only kidnap females.
- It is now possible to kidnap any girl, not just Saki (if your Seduction reaches Level 5).
If there are severe bugs in this build that make the game unplayable, I’ll update it as soon as possible. However, if the game is stable, then the next build will probably show up on November 15th.
EDIT: By the way, the erotic manga artwork was illustrated by the incredibly talented MulberryArt!