Hello, everyone! Please check out the latest YouTube video!
The most significant thing about this update is the new school. Here’s an overhead map of the new school:
Here’s a comparison of the old school and the new school:
Here’s a view of the current schoolgrounds (subject to change, just like everything else):
The new school has 54 rooms in total:
- Locker Room
- Dining Area
- Headmaster’s Office
- 6 storage closets
- 6 classrooms
- 9 clubrooms
- 12 bathrooms
- 18 miscellaneous rooms
The “miscellaneous” rooms range from faculty rooms to student-operated rooms to teaching environments.
Out of all the rooms listed above, only about 10 of them are actually furnished with props.
- Added the “Heroic” personality type. Heroic students will attempt to restrain you, like a teacher.
- Added a “Struggle” minigame that takes place when grabbed by a Hero.
- Added a time display to Yandere-chan’s room at home.
- Added a “Headmaster’s Office” room to the school.
- Added a plaza to the center of the school.
- Added a running track to the school.
- Added 10 new students to the game.
- Kidnapping now takes place in the school’s northwest storage room on the first floor, instead of in the gym’s storage room.
- You can now leave a note in Kokona’s locker telling her to meet you at the school fountain, where you can drown her.
- Began implementing a new gym environment (it currently only has an interior, with no exterior).
- Student portraits now have a gradient background instead of a solid color background.
- Expanded the total size of the school campus to over twice its previous size.
- Doors now have signs that describe the room on the other side of the door.
- Changed the locations of some of the collectibles.
- Students now sit down in chairs during class.
- Placed the mythical tree on top of a hill.
- Changed Midori Gurin’s hairstyle.
- Expanded the size of the roof.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to wake up late from reading manga at night and still have enough time to torture a prisoner before heading to school.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to look towards Yandere-chan whenever they became alarmed, even if they were alarmed by something else.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the player from hearing the Basement Tape after bringing it to the tape player.
- Fixed bug that was causing apologies to damage Yandere-chan’s reputation instead of repairing her reputation.
- Fixed bug that would cause some kidnapped students to have two hairstyles displaying simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to appear bald during a Game Over in “Cirno Mode”.
- Fixed bug that would prevent students from leaving the map after leaving school for the day.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona’s hair to glow green after she was kidnapped.
In this build, I began to implement club rooms, began to implement more personalities, and began to implement a new gym. Of course, what I wanted to do was completely implement clubs. What I wanted to do was implement all planned personalities. What I wanted to do was completely implement the new gym, and a pool. I also really wanted to implement a new elimination method – a method that couldn’t be implemented until a specific clubroom was in the game.
In a perfect ideal dream world, the December 1st update would have all of those features. However, that’s a lot of work, and I can’t guarantee that I can get all of that stuff done in just two weeks. My top priority over the next two weeks will be adding a new elimination method to the game. Anything else that I can accomplish will simply be a bonus.
I’m worried that the current build is a lot more buggy than the previous builds, so it’s very likely that I’ll post a “bug-fixing update” within 24 hours. After that, I’ll start working on the next elimination method, and then I’ll try to add whatever else I can fit in before the December 1st deadline.Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!