If you’re a Vocaloid fan, you may be familiar with “Kunoichi Demo Koi ga Shitai” – a song that was released in 2013. The title translates to “I Want to Love Even if I’m a Female Ninja”, or “Even a Kunoichi Needs Love”. A fantastic English cover was created by rachie and JubyPhonic.
Earlier this month, a fan of Yandere Simulator created artwork for a Yandere Sim-themed parody of the original music video. She showed her work to me, and I thought it was fantastic! With her cooperation and with the help of a video editor, we produced a higher-quality version of her original video. I got permission from rachie and JubyPhonic to upload the video to my channel – and here it is!
I hope you enjoy it!
That’s cool, but what about the game’s development?
I may have some very exciting news to announce soon, but I don’t want to say anything until it’s 100% set in stone. I’m sorry for keeping you waiting! Thank you for your patience!
This is the follow-up video to the video that was uploaded yesterday. Yesterday’s video focused on the problems that are impeding development. Today’s video proposes several potential solutions.
After watching the video, please take the time to vote on these two polls:
Out of all of the solutions that I proposed in the video, which one would you prefer? http://poal.me/2yoaiq
Are you a “Chill Fan” or a “Heated Fan”? http://poal.me/38o6vh
I decided to create a video discussing the reasons why Yandere Simulator’s development is taking so long, and how to speed it up. After writing the script for this video, I realized that it was going to be so long that it would probably be a good idea to divide it into two videos. The first video is about the problems, and the second video is about the potential solutions.
Here is the first video:
I’m sure that you will have some questions after watching this video. Please wait for me to prepare the second video; it will probably address most of the thoughts that you’ll have after watching the first video.
I’ve uploaded a new build with some improvements and bug fixes. I won’t have a new video prepared until tomorrow (Feb 15th) or the day after (Feb 16th). If you’re hoping to hear an update on Osana progress, don’t worry – it’ll be covered in tomorrow’s video.
To see a list of everything that is new or different in the new build, scroll down beneath this amazing illustration of Yandere-chan as a magical girl, created by Lady Tapioca!
And there’s a “Yan” version, too! Check it out!
Bug Fixes and Changes
- Significantly reduced file size and memory usage by compressing numerous files that were way too large. (This should probably fix the “out-of-memory” crashes that have been happening for many users. If the game has been constantly crashing for you, please test out the latest build, because the crashing bug should be fixed now.)
- Fixed bug that could cause the player to permanently freeze after killing Midori in the Light Music Club under specific circumstances (summon, kill, dismember, summon again, kill again).
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to have her rooftop conversation in the shower room if she was splashed with water on her way to talk with Saki on the rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause a club leader’s subtitles to linger onscreen permanently instead of disappearing like all other subtitle text.
- Students will now walk on pathways instead of walking on grass. Also, students will no longer walk on the borders of pathways.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to always look directly at Yandere-chan whenever she was performing a club activity.
- Fixed bug that was causing bugs with kidnapped victims in the basement if the player was using the 6th school uniform.
- Restored the hidden “give Yandere-chan a long skirt” command, which was accidentally disabled in the previous build.
- It is no longer possible to take a panty shot of a character who is not wearing a skirt.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to use psychokinesis on teachers during Bad Time Mode.
- Fixed the “bald spot” on one of Yandere-chan’s hairstyles.
- Added sound effects to the east and west fountains.
- Added several new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added 1 new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed a typo in the credits.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
I had a really big surprise planned today – it involved a collaboration with a lot of different people. As the deadline grew closer, everyone agreed that it would be better to spend more time improving it before we release it. So, it’s been postponed for one month.
In Japan, Valentine’s Day is a day when girls give chocolate to boys; one month later, there is a different holiday when boys give chocolate to girls. My big surprise will be revealed on White Day, instead of Valentine’s Day. Trust me, it’ll be much better if we have 30 more days to improve it!
In the meantime, I’d like to share something with you; this is a fan-made video that was just released earlier today. It’s so cool!!!
A few other fans have created some awesome things for Valentine’s Day, too! Click the “Continue Reading” link to see some of the coolest Yandere Sim-inspired creations I’ve seen today!
Finally! At long last! It actually happened! Twitch responded to me! After 387 days of waiting, I finally heard back from them!
If you’re sick of these Twitch videos, you’ll be happy to know that this is probably the last one that I’ll ever make. The “Twitch Saga” is officially over.
There were a lot of things that were bothering me in the previous build, so I’ve uploaded a new build that addresses most of the issues! This build also contains a few changes to the schoolgrounds; take a look!
Many areas got a makeover:
For a long time, it was bothering me that Yandere Simulator’s schoolgrounds were so empty and barren. I wanted to spruce it up with some decorations…but visuals are a very low priority, compared to gameplay-related features, so I never took the time to decorate the areas outside of the school. However, I just couldn’t stand the barren look any longer, so today I finally decided to make some adjustments.
This isn’t meant to be the “final” look of the schoolgrounds; it’s merely meant to be an improvement. My ultimate goal is to get the school looking more like this – but it will be awhile before we reach that state.
Here’s a list of everything else that changed in this build:
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Cauterize” text to appear onscreen instead of “Dismember” if the player was holding a circular saw nearby a corpse after cauterizing it.
- Fixed bug that was causing the delinquents to perpetually perceive Yandere-chan as being near a corpse after activating the Flame Demon easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to permanently freeze when trying to dismember a corpse after it had been cauterized.
- Fixed bug that would make the Flame Demon / Tornado Mode dress completely disappear at the Heartbroken screen.
- Fixed bug that would cause sanity-based animations to deactivate after the player had tranquilized someone.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona’s stocking texture to appear on her face when in the locker room.
- Fixed bug with the katana’s low-sanity killing animation that was causing an unsmooth loop.
- Fixed a bug with the hair physics of one of the new hairstyles.
- Decorated the school with more walkways, trees, and bushes.
- Fixed clipping issues with one of the new hairstyles.
- Moved the hedge maze to a new location.
I’ve got two things for you today! The first thing is a new build of the game, with some bug fixes and adjustments. The second thing is…a rap battle between Yandere-chan and Osana Najimi! Yes, that’s right! You can see the battle here:
Fixes and Changes
- Updated some of the sanity-based killing animations so that the victim’s body would not wind up too far away from their position at the beginning of the animations.
- Fixed bug that was causing a shadow to appear over Yandere-chan’s face if the player activated the panty censor before or during Tornado Mode.
- Fixed bug that was causing the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene to break if the player had chosen the 6th school uniform.
- Changed the functionality of Blade Hair Mode. The original functionality was too difficult to activate.
- If school atmosphere is low, the school’s loading screen will be different.
- Fixed clipping problems with a few of Yandere-chan’s hairstyles.
- Sanity-based killing animations are now activated by default.
- Added twelve new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added one new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed typos in the game’s credits.
In 2015 and 2016, I asked fans for a lot of feedback, but rarely did I ever make videos acknowledging that feedback or announcing how it would affect the game moving forward. I was planning to make a “Tying Up Loose Ends” video, where I’d finally address many of the subjects that never received proper closure in 2015 or 2016. As I started writing out the script for this video, I realized that one specific topic – the subject of adding a small town into Yandere Simulator – was so multifaceted that I could create an entire video about that one subject alone. So, here’s a video about that one issue!
Here are the polls that I’d like you to vote on:
I’m sure that many of you are thinking, “Don’t talk about that! Talk about Osana! What is the latest progress on Osana?”
If that’s what you’d really like to hear about, then click “Continue Reading” to hear what I’ve been doing over the past 2 weeks.
EDIT: Uploading the new builds right now.
Just to keep you updated: I intend to upload a new video and a new build in about 3~4 hours.
Here’s an illustration that will be appearing in my next video:
Have fun speculating about what this could mean for Yandere Simulator!
Thanks for your patience!