A new build is now available! As usual, the best way to learn about the latest build is to watch a YouTube video about it:
The star feature of this build is the ability to expel your rival! (Well, since there is no official rival yet, you can really just walk through the process of expelling your rival using poor Kokona-chan as a test dummy.)
In addition to this new elimination method, this build also contains many bug fixes:
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to become stuck in the Cooking Club if the player prepared food in front of a counter and then ran directly towards the counter as soon as the food-preparation animation ended.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to only be able to ask one student to follow her per day if she killed student that was following her.
- Fixed bug in Yanvania that would cause the game to become unresponsive if the protagonist and antagonist both reached 0 HP at the same time.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to exit to the phone’s main menu when attempting to stop viewing a photo in the Photo Gallery menu.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to appear bald if she received a game over while equipped with her original 2014 hairtyle.
- Fixed bug that would cause Saki and Kokona to continue their Monday Lunchtime event if they discovered a corpse on the rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to get stuck in the “carrying bento box” pose even when she was not carrying a bento box.
- Fixed bug that would cause bizarre texture errors if a bucket of water was dropped onto a male student.
- Fixed incorrect subtitle text when a teacher chastises Yandere-chan for being covered in blood.
- Teachers no longer react to Yandere-chan’s misbehavior when an easter egg is active.
- Kokona’s bathroom event now occurs on Wednesday instead of Thursday.
- Added water sound effects to the fountain at the center of school.
- Replaced the music that plays during the Cirno-themed easter egg.
- Added a new menu to Info-chan’s “Favors” menu: the “Drops” menu.
- Touched up the UI of the Schemes menu.
- Updated the UI of the Services menu.
As mentioned in the above video, there are a number of improvements, adjustments, and fixes that I strongly desire to implement, so a new build will probably drop within the next few days, although you shouldn’t expect it to contain a huge new feature. As for the release date of the game’s next big feature…I’d love to say May 15th, but it’s entirely possible that it might take until June 1st to implement.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!