I tried contacting Twitch numerous times in many different ways for one full year, and never heard a response from them. Because traditional forms of communication were not working, I concluded that the only way I’d ever get a response from Twitch would be if I drew a large amount of attention to the problem.
However, over the past seven days, I’ve been worrying that my previous video may have gotten me even further from getting Yandere Simulator back onto Twitch. The problem is that the hostile nature of my video severely limits Twitch’s ability to respond to me. After realizing this, I decided to create a second video that is much less harsh and critical towards Twitch. This is my attempt to “extend an olive branch” to Twitch, and let them know that my goal is to achieve a positive resolution, not to cause a media storm.
You might not care about the Twitch situation in the slightest. You might be disappointed that I spent time making another video about the subject, rather than working on the game. I apologize if this is the case. Please keep this in mind: it only took me one night to make this video. If it helps, tell yourself “It’s the weekend, so YandereDev only worked part-time today, but he’ll be back to working on it full-time starting tomorrow”.
If I ever make another video about Twitch, it will be my final video about the subject. I’ll either be saying, “The game is unbanned! Yay!” or I’ll be saying, “The game is banned and it’s staying banned. Here’s why.”
I’ve uploaded a new build that fixes many of the bugs that were present in the last build!
To read a changelog of everything that is new in the latest build, please scroll down past this beautiful illustration by ZakuraRain!
I’ve been waiting so long for the Flame Demon to become relevant, so that I could finally share this gorgeous artwork with you! And now, the time has come! Hooray!
ZakuraRain also drew two other really beautiful illustrations related to Midori and the Flame Demon – one of them is old, and one of them is recent!
Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that was causing the camera to be positioned at a low height during the “Summoning Flame Demon” cutscene, if the player had been crouching or crawling before initiating the summoning sequence.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to freely walk around after a group takedown animation if she was performing an action (such as an attack or dumping a corpse) while being apprehended.
- Students will now pause for a moment before performing a group-takedown, instead of instantly launching into a group takedown immediately after witnessing a murder.
- Attempted to fix bug that was causing liquid to appear on students’ bodies if they were standing nearby another student who had liquid on their body.
- Fixed bug that was causing the panty “censor shadow” to appear over Yandere-chan’s eyes, rather than her panties, during the Flame Demon easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if Yandere-chan was aiming her smartphone camera while being apprehended in a group takedown.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to speak Senpai’s lines after catching Yandere-chan misbehaving.
- Changed the school logo on the social media website accessible from Yandere-chan’s bedroom.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Flame Demon to say his “Have a taste” line more than once.
- Removed a 3D model that was not meant to be visible.
It’s been over 24 hours since my big Twitch video. I’m amazed by how much attention that video has received! I’m very grateful to everyone who sent me words of support!
Twitch still hasn’t responded to me yet. Maybe 24 hours is too soon to expect a response. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for any kind of communication from them.
On that note, I still have a lot of thoughts to share regarding the Twitch situation. I was thinking about making another video sharing these thoughts. This video would run for about 5 minutes, and would have much less “critical” tone; it would be more of an “extending an olive branch” type of video.
In your opinion, what should I do?
Note: Votes are in, poll is closed. Thanks for your input!
It’s been exactly one year since I uploaded a certain video that I wish I never had to make. In honor of the anniversary of that video, I set aside some time to create a follow-up video.
A new bug-fixing update should be available within 24 hours.
EDIT: Oops, the build from Jan 16th had a serious bug in it! A new build has been uploaded.
I’m so sorry for the long wait! The latest video is finally ready!
Here’s a list of everything that is new in the latest build of the game:
Additions, Changes, and Bug Fixes
- You can now navigate the list of hairs and list of accessories much more quickly by holding down the Shift key while pressing “H” to change hairstyles or “O” to change accessories.
- Moved Kokona’s monday phone call conversation 15 minutes later, to avoid scheduling conflicts with another event that will be implemented in the future.
- Re-wrote code that was causing an unnecessary amount of memory allocation, which was causing the game to “stutter” for a few frames at irregular intervals.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to ignore a murder during a “distract” favor, if Yandere-chan murdered the student who was currently being distracted.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to walk around dripping wet all day, if they were splashed with water while in the “Following Yandere-chan” state.
- Added 1 new accessory and over 20 new hairstyles for Yandere-chan. The majority of those models came from Qvajangel. Thanks again, Qva!
- Added 3 new hairstyles for Senpai and 1 new facial hair option for Senpai. (These are also available for randomly-generated students.)
- The “React to Senpai” distance has been changed from 2 meters to 1 meter so that Senpai is less of an obstacle / annoyance.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to freely aim their smartphone camera during the Game Over screen in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to rotate at extreme angles when performing the “Distract” favor on a staircase.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to always wear the default uniform in the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene.
- Yandere-chan will now be apprehended by students if she commits murder with at least 4 witnesses present.
- Fixed bug that could result in the pause screen remaining visible during the “End of Day Results” sequence.
- Senpai now has animations and lip movement when he reacts to Yandere-chan’s behavior.
- Darkened the color of the grass, and lightened the color of the walkways and rooftops.
- Replaced Nemesis’ old hairstyle with the new hairstyle that the fans voted for.
- Gave hair physics to a character who previously had no hair physics.
- Improved the level of quality in Koharu Hinata’s hair model.
- Added friendship bracelets to the “Rainbow Six” girls.
- Added red stripes to Nemesis’ black socks.
- Strengthened certain countermeasures.
January 17th and January 19th are days with a lot of sentimental value for me, so I won’t be working on those two days (unless there is a very important problem that urgently needs to be addressed). I have a very special video planned for Jan 22nd, so I will probably spend the 20th and the 21st working on that video. This means that I’ll only have seven days (Jan 23rd to Jan 30th) to prepare a new build for Feb 1st. (Jan 31st will be spent making a new update video.)
Because I’m only going to have half the amount of time I normally have to prepare a new build…you honestly shouldn’t expect the next build to be very special. I’m so sorry!! Please forgive me!! January has been a really weird month!! I hope that February goes by smoother…
EDIT 3: Uploading right now! Needs about 20 more minutes!
EDIT 2: It’s almost ready! The video is finished. I’m going to bug-test the latest build, and then upload the video and the build. It should be available in about 1 hour from now.
EDIT: Right now, it’s 6:00 AM in my time zone. I’ve spent the past 8 hours working on the next update video. I predicted that it would be done by now, but it’s turning out to take longer than I expected. Right now, I’m about 50% done with the video. It will be ready sometime on Jan 16th, but I can’t predict exactly when. I’m sorry for the wait!
Shoot! I won’t be able to reach my personal goal of releasing the new update by midnight tonight. However, I do think that it’ll be available within 8 hours.
To make up for the fact that you’ll have to wait a bit longer than expected for the next update, I’ll share a screenshot with you. This screenshot features something that will receive some focus in my next video:
I wonder if you can correctly identify the object in this screenshot that be receiving attention in my next video – or the reason why I’ll be focusing on that object.
I’ll try to get the next video and build out as soon as possible! Thanks for your patience!
I always try to update the game on the 1st and 15th day of every month. This has proven to be very difficult, because one day before the update, I always find a bunch of little things that I want to fix or add or improve. That’s where I am right now; the update is almost ready, but I want to put some more polish onto it before rolling it out. I always regret saying this, but I believe that the next update will probably be available within 27 hours, unless something very significant interrupts my progress.
To apologize for the delay, here’s a preview of something you’ll see in the next build!
What exactly is going on in this screenshot? I won’t tell you; I want to keep it vague so that you have something to speculate about while waiting for the next update!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
Wow! It’s been about 6 months since I’ve mentioned the subject of e-mails on this blog! Fortunately, I’m not here to complain about getting too many e-mails; I’m making this blog post for a completely different reason.
My e-mail service was having problems over the past 24 hours. If you sent me an e-mail in the past 24 hours and haven’t received a response, please e-mail me again!
I’m not even sure if my e-mail service was even giving people an error message when they tried to e-mail me, or if their e-mail was just disappearing into the void…
By the way, on the topic of e-mails, I do have one other thing to mention:
“I tried to download the game and my download didn’t finish” is not a bug, so please don’t send me ‘bug reports’ about that.
I know that you probably come to this development blog to see blog posts about development, and not notes about e-mails, so I’m sorry that I had to take up your time with a blog post like this. There is simply no other way for me to instantly spread a message to a wide number of people, some of whom may have been trying to contact me. This is actually the first time I’ve ever had to make a blog post about technical problems happening on my end.
If you’d like to hear an actual update about the game’s development, here’s what I’m willing to say: I will probably have a new build of the game available in 3~4 days!