A new build is now available! In total, there are 26 fixes/changes/additions in this build…including a pool!
Click here for another shot of the pool!
But before I talk about the latest build, I want to show you something cool!
In May, a Russian cosplay group staged a 10-minute long Yandere Simulator-themed live performance at an anime convention. I think it’s awesome! I can’t describe how great it feels to see real people dressing up as Yandere Sim characters and putting on such a long, elaborate performance! This is one of the coolest things that has ever come out of the Yandere Sim fandom, and I really hope that you check it out!
You can watch the video with English subtitles below:
Click “Continue Reading” to read about all the changes in the latest build!
I added a debug command to the previous build so that I could test something with Yandere-chan’s character model by pressing the spacebar key. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove this debug command from the build before uploading it, and as a side-effect, a lot of people encountered strange bugs when they pressed the spacebar key. I wanted to fix this bug and upload a new build right away – but because it feels strange to upload a new build with just one single change, I decided to fix as many bugs as possible before uploading a new build.
To read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, scroll down beneath this beautiful artwork by SyrnIK!
This is such a beautiful interpretation of Yandere-chan and Megami Saikou! It’s like seeing a glimpse of what Yandere Simulator might look like if it was set in Norway in the 1840s…
To learn what’s new in the latest build, click “Continue Reading”.
Today’s update is very simple; it’s just a very minor bug-fixing build, with a couple of small improvements.
Scroll down past this phenomenal illustration by Ologica to read a list of everything that changed in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- If a student witnesses something disturbing (like a murder or a corpse) and screams in fear, nearby students will turn and look in the direction that the screaming student is facing. Previously, other students would simply perform their regular idle animation when turning to look at what other students were reacting to. As of now, students will perform a “craning neck” animation while they are trying to see whatever other students are freaking out about.
- There is now a chibi anime figurine somewhere in the school. Why did I add it to the game? It’s related to Osana. How could it possibly be related to Osana? You’ll see, one day in the future…
- Added a special item in the first-floor east storage room. Once you’re wearing it, laugh in order to remove it.
- Fixed bug that would trigger the “Paranormal” flag even if Yandere-chan had not traveled to the demon realm.
- Fixed bug that would make the ritual knife play the wrong sound effect when absorbing a soul.
- Changed the model of the magical girl wand (the previous model was copyrighted material).
- Fixed bug that caused an object’s invisible collider to be visible as a white sphere.
- Decorated the Drama Club a little bit. It’s not finished yet.
- Added a couple of new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Updated Yandere-kun’s running animation.
Sorry for the wait! Here’s the latest video.
This is another “tying up loose ends” video; a video where I discuss a lot of subjects that I’ve always wanted to talk about, but never had a reason to bring up in the past.
UPDATE #2, May 17th 12:00 Midnight: Video’s done. Almost ready to upload it; just going to check for errors first. Sorry it took so long. Ran into a lot of problems.
UPDATE: The video is going to be about 15 minutes long. So far, 10 minutes have been produced. The video will most likely be uploaded on the 16th. There is a very slim possibility that it will have to be delayed until the 17th.
Sometime within the next 48 hours, a new video will be uploaded. I’m going to try my best to have it ready within 24 hours, but I might run into unavoidable obstacles, so please forgive me if the video is delayed until May 16th.
By the way, here’s some chilling artwork by mcfle!
I’ve got a new build ready, with some bug-fixes and a few miscellaneous improvements. Scroll down below this beautiful artwork by Kimburrlee to see a list of everything that is new in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause the Murder-Suicide animation to not play properly if the victim was splashed with water immediately before being attacked by the mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that would cause talking visual effects to continue coming out of a character’s head while they were being killed in a murder-suicide animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause the camera to clip through some walls. (The bug may still happens sometimes. Further investigation is required.)
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to pick up corpses dropped in the “burial zone” of the school’s gardening club.
- Changed the sky texture and added moving clouds. (I will probably continue to refine the appearance of the sky in the future).
- Fixed bug that would allow blood pools to spawn underneath the ground in the “burial zone” of the school’s gardening club.
- Fixed bug that would cause a dead student to teleport into a club room when the player performed a club activity.
- Fixed graphical bug that would appear in the holes that were dug in the “burial zone” of the gardening club.
- Replaced the copyrighted “Ebola” music track with an original track composed for Yandere Simulator.
- Lowered the texture resolution of some unnecessarily-huge textures to lower their file size.
- Added two new accessories and an extra color for one of the color-changing accessories.
- Implemented a new “scared” idle animation for male and female students.
- Fixed bug that would allow the camera to clip through the ground.
- Implemented a new running animation for male students.
- Changed default music for Mission Mode.
“Why isn’t Osana done yet?” The short answer is, “Because I’m responsible for a lot of other things beside Osana, and sometimes I don’t have time to work on Osana.” The long answer would be to elaborate about all of the other aspects of this project that require my attention. That’s what I’m going to do in this blog post.
The second half of my “Let’s Examine Persona” series is ready! You can watch it below!
Yesterday, I said that I’d make a blog post about Osana today. However, I feel like there’s something more important that I need to discuss. I’ll talk about Osana tomorrow. Here’s what I want to talk about today…
On July 1st 2015, I released a video titled “Let’s Examine Natsuiro High School“. This was intended to be the first video in a series that would examine numerous games that are comparable to Yandere Simulator, and examine features that could benefit Yandere Sim. I wanted to make tons of videos like that, but I decided to limit myself to just one “Let’s Examine” video per year. Last year’s “Let’s Examine” video was about the Hitman series…and this year’s is about the Persona series!
I actually have so much to say about Persona that I had to split the video into two parts. Part 2 will be available tomorrow, but Part 1 is already available right now:
This video clocks in at 13 minutes and 45 seconds. Part 2 is 15 minutes and 15 seconds long. That’s 29 minutes in total! Both videos combined required about 32 hours of work to be completed. This is definitely the longest video project that I’ve ever worked on! I really hope that you’re going to enjoy it.
I’ve got a lot to say about that subject. I’ll write out my thoughts in the same blog post where I release Part 2.