As you already know, because I explained it back in 2017 and have explained it numerous times since then, I decided not to implement Osana until Yandere Simulator contained every feature and mechanic that I felt was necessary for the game to match my vision. My vision was so elaborate, it took 6 years of work to reach this point…but I can finally say that I have a build of the game that contains pretty much everything that I felt was important to put into the game before releasing Osana. (There are still a handful of minor wishlist items that I am interested in implementing, but all of them are lower in priority than Osana.)
The last remaining task is to overhaul the game’s UI and improve the graphics. After that, I simply have to test all of Osana’s eliminations one-by-one, and then release her once I’ve fixed every bug I can find. If this build contains any critical bugs, I might have to release a bug-fixing build within the next few days…but if this build is stable, then the next build may be the build that contains Osana.
I have an estimate for how long this will take, and I want to say, “You’ll have Osana on Ju██ ██th!” but if something goes wrong and delays Osana, people will get upset that I missed the release date, so I’m going to keep the release date a secret until I’m 100% certain she’s going to be released on that day.
(It’s worth mentioning that this build does not contain voice lines for Student Council girls, since I am still waiting on two voice actresses to deliver their lines.)
So, what does this build contain? Aside from 30 bug fixes, this build also contains…
- The ability to get Student Council girls fired from the council
- Expanded saving/loading functionality
- A new phone for Yandere-chan
- Numerous UI improvements
- Props in school corridors
- Theme music for stores
- New background music for the Alphabet Killer Challenge
- New background music for normal school gameplay
- The ability to hide dead bodies in lockers in corridors (outside of the ABC Challenge)
- Re-written dialogue for the initial text message conversation between Yandere-chan and Info-chan
- Overhauled Calligraphy Room and Drama clubroom
- A screen for viewing the game’s controls
- Six new Headmaster Tapes
And a bit more, too! For a full list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, scroll down past this absolutely gorgeous illustration by an extremely talented artist who chose to remain anonymous.