This update isn’t too special; I just wanted to upload a new build to reassure you that I’m still actively working on the game and making steady progress every day.
But, depending on how things go, the next build could be a lot more interesting!
- There were always meant to be 10 Headmaster cassette tapes, but putting lore tapes into the game hasn’t been a high priority for a long time, so I neglected that feature for the past several years. Recently, I had a power outage for a few hours, during which I wasn’t able to get any work done on the game. So, I used that time to write the last remaining Headmaster tapes! The Headmaster’s voice actor has recorded the tapes, and I’m almost ready to put them into the game; I’m just waiting for an audio engineer volunteer to apply an “old-timey cassette tape” effect onto the recordings.
- The “Yandere-chan and Info-chan meet for the first time” text message conversation was written back in 2015, and is some of the oldest content in the game. I feel like the writing was pretty rough, and that I could have worded things much better. I also feel like there is some important gameplay information that needs to be imparted to the player (panty shots aren’t the only way to earn favors from Info-chan). With these things in mind, I decided to re-write that conversation. The voice actresses finished recording it recently, so the next update will most likely contain an updated Yandere/Info conversation!
- Ever since I first implemented the Student Council girls, I’ve wanted each of them to have voice acting…but it was difficult to locate the ideal voice actresses for the job. Recently, I decided on the actresses who I believe would be perfect for the Student Council girls, and the plan is for them to record very soon! Depending on their availability, the next build may finally contain voiced lines for the Student Council girls!
- For the past 5 years, Yandere Simulator’s school hallways have been empty and devoid of props and decorations. It was never meant to be that way; the hallways were always meant to have props, but there were always higher priorities than aesthetics and decorations. At this point in time, though, we’ve finally reached the stage of development where there is practically nothing left to be done, and I have recently received a ton of appropriate props for the hallways, so it’s possible that the next update will finally contain fully-decorated hallways!
- There is only one more “lore” tidbit that I want to be included in the Osana demo. After it goes into the game, there will be no remaining “lore” items taking any of my time away from Osana. I have the necessary models and voice acting for it, so it’s possible that you may see it in the next update!
By the time I release the next update, it’s likely that I will have finished all Osana-centric tasks. After I hit that milestone, the last remaining task will be to give the game a fresh coat of paint (new UI, new HUD, new title screen) before releasing Osana. I want the new graphics to be a complete surprise, which means that once I begin working on the new graphics, I won’t be releasing any more builds until Osana is complete.
In short, what I’m saying is that, after the next update, there may not be any further updates until Osana is finished. It’s not a 100% guarantee, but there’s a strong possibility that this will be the case. (If critical bugs are discovered, I may need to release bug-fixing updates or something.)
Anyway! To see a list of everything that was fixed/changed in the latest build, scroll down past this gorgeous artwork of Prealle!