Wow! Playing the game with a save/load feature feels like playing a completely different game. It makes such a huge difference! While playtesting, I noticed a bunch of data that wasn’t being tracked by the save/load feature, so I decided to plug those gaps and get the save/load feature closer to 100% completion.
To read a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful illustration of Musume by an artist who I know by the name Rie!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that would allow less than 4 students to perform a “group takedown” animation on Yandere-chan, if at least 1 student had witnessed murder earlier in the day before having their memory wiped by an amnesia bomb.
- Fixed bug that caused Cooking Club members to travel to their lockers and stay there permanently instead of walking around school handing out food to people, if the player had saved and loaded their game.
- Fixed bug that would cause Inkyu to get stuck on the hedge behind the bench where she talks with her sister, if the player murdered her sister due to low sanity during the sisters’ conversation.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from restoring a weapon to your hand if you saved the game while holding a non-concealable weapon, and then loaded your save data.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to incorrectly believe that a bloody weapon was present at school if a blunt weapon was used for a murder earlier in the day.
- The incinerator is now accurately tracking Save/Load data (whether or not something was present in the incinerator at the time the save was made).
- Fixed bug that caused students to get permanently stuck at their lockers if the game was saved/loaded while students were at their lockers.
- It is no longer possible to cheat your way into the Genocide Ending by using SNAP Mode or the Flame Demon easter egg.
- Fixed bug that caused corpses to pop out of lockers when loading a save during the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- Saving/Loading is now keeping track of what clothing students should be wearing when loading a save file.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Main Menu” option from leaving the screen while activating SNAP Mode.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Heartbroken” piano music from stopping when SNAP Mode was activated.
- Saving/Loading will now record the positions of all weapons at the time the save file was made.
- Saving/Loading now tracks whether or not a given door is locked or unlocked.
- Fixed bug that causes equipped weapons to disappear when loading a save.
- It is now possible to load a save from Yandere-chan’s bedroom.