This page is primarily about helping people who are experiencing crashes, but can also help people who are experiencing a low framerate, as well.
Sometimes, I receive reports that the game will crash when leaving or entering the school map. The crash logs all say the same thing; the game was taking up too much RAM, and the user’s computer ran out of available memory.
Each player’s computer is different; some players have a lot of RAM, and aren’t encountering any crashes at all. But, if your computer doesn’t have very much RAM, you’ll have to lower the texture resolutions to prevent the game from crashing.
When launching the game, you will see this window:
The “Graphics Quality” option will allow you to lower the size of the game’s textures, which will cause the game to consume less RAM, and hopefully prevent the game from crashing for you.
- Max Quality – The maximum possible graphics quality for the game. If you have a powerful computer, you should be able to play the game at this graphics setting with no problem. But, if you have a weak computer, you may experience a low framerate at this graphics setting.
- Max (1/2 Res Textures) – Identical to Max Quality, but with all textures at 1/2 resolution. Use this graphics setting if you encounter crashes with either of the above two graphics settings.
- Low Quality – The lowest possible graphics quality for the game (but with full-resolution textures). Use this graphics setting if you can’t get a good framerate with any of the above graphics settings.
- Low (1/2 Res Textures) – Identical to Low Quality, but with all textures at 1/2 resolution. Use this graphics setting if you encounter crashes with any of the above graphics settings.
- Low (1/4) Res Textures – If the game is still crashing at 1/2 Res Textures, use this setting.
- Low (1/8) Res Textures – If the game is still crashing at 1/4 Res Textures, use this setting.
It’s possible that you are running a lot of memory-intensive programs simultaneously, which is taking up all of your computer’s RAM, leaving almost no available RAM left for Yandere Sim. To find out of this is the case, there is something you can try: Reset your computer and launch only Yandere Sim, without launching any other programs – then see if the game crashes when trying to enter the school.
If the game is still crashing for you even when you’re using “1/8 Res Textures” and even when you’re not running any other programs on your computer, this is an indication that your computer simply doesn’t have enough RAM to run the game, even at the lowest settings possible. I’m sorry! You’ll either have to get more RAM, or wait until a future build of the game that requires less RAM to run.
If you are getting a low framerate, here is my advice:
In the “Settings” menu, you will find “Post-Processing Options” and “Detail Options”. When you are in the Post-Processing menu or the Detail menu, you can press the “F” key to change all settings to the bare minimum. This should improve the framerate.