EDIT: Oops, the build from Jan 16th had a serious bug in it! A new build has been uploaded.
I’m so sorry for the long wait! The latest video is finally ready!
Here’s a list of everything that is new in the latest build of the game:
Additions, Changes, and Bug Fixes
- You can now navigate the list of hairs and list of accessories much more quickly by holding down the Shift key while pressing “H” to change hairstyles or “O” to change accessories.
- Moved Kokona’s monday phone call conversation 15 minutes later, to avoid scheduling conflicts with another event that will be implemented in the future.
- Re-wrote code that was causing an unnecessary amount of memory allocation, which was causing the game to “stutter” for a few frames at irregular intervals.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to ignore a murder during a “distract” favor, if Yandere-chan murdered the student who was currently being distracted.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to walk around dripping wet all day, if they were splashed with water while in the “Following Yandere-chan” state.
- Added 1 new accessory and over 20 new hairstyles for Yandere-chan. The majority of those models came from Qvajangel. Thanks again, Qva!
- Added 3 new hairstyles for Senpai and 1 new facial hair option for Senpai. (These are also available for randomly-generated students.)
- The “React to Senpai” distance has been changed from 2 meters to 1 meter so that Senpai is less of an obstacle / annoyance.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to freely aim their smartphone camera during the Game Over screen in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to rotate at extreme angles when performing the “Distract” favor on a staircase.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to always wear the default uniform in the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene.
- Yandere-chan will now be apprehended by students if she commits murder with at least 4 witnesses present.
- Fixed bug that could result in the pause screen remaining visible during the “End of Day Results” sequence.
- Senpai now has animations and lip movement when he reacts to Yandere-chan’s behavior.
- Darkened the color of the grass, and lightened the color of the walkways and rooftops.
- Replaced Nemesis’ old hairstyle with the new hairstyle that the fans voted for.
- Gave hair physics to a character who previously had no hair physics.
- Improved the level of quality in Koharu Hinata’s hair model.
- Added friendship bracelets to the “Rainbow Six” girls.
- Added red stripes to Nemesis’ black socks.
- Strengthened certain countermeasures.
January 17th and January 19th are days with a lot of sentimental value for me, so I won’t be working on those two days (unless there is a very important problem that urgently needs to be addressed). I have a very special video planned for Jan 22nd, so I will probably spend the 20th and the 21st working on that video. This means that I’ll only have seven days (Jan 23rd to Jan 30th) to prepare a new build for Feb 1st. (Jan 31st will be spent making a new update video.)
Because I’m only going to have half the amount of time I normally have to prepare a new build…you honestly shouldn’t expect the next build to be very special. I’m so sorry!! Please forgive me!! January has been a really weird month!! I hope that February goes by smoother…
It’s been a long time since we had one of these! If you’re clever, you’ll figure out how to decode this message…
Pavuna E fyc y kysa tajamuban, E fyc y jetau kysa cdnaysan. Dra vencd tyo E ajan cdnaysat y kysa fyc Zyh 17dr, 2009. Palyica dusunnuf ec dra 8-oayn yhhejancyno uv so jetau kysa cdnays, E’s kuehk du cdnays y kysa dusunnuf! Oui lyh fydlr sa yd dfedlr.dj/oyhtanataj – pid E cruimt fynh oui dryd so Ehdanhad luhhaldeuh ec jano ihcdypma, cu dra cdnays femm cusadesac tnub vun y vaf caluhtc.
E lamapnyda so cdnays’c yhhejancyno uh dfu tyoc – Zyh 17dr yht 19dr. Uh dra 17dr, E’s kuehk du cdnays Nacetahd Ajem 4! Uh dra 19dr, E’s kuehk du cdnays yh H64 lmyccel lymmat “Socdelym Hehzy Cdynnehk Kuasuh”! Pudr cdnaysc femm cdynd yd 12:00 huuh (eh dra BCD desa wuha). E ruba oui’mm zueh sa, ajah ev ed’c uhmo vun y crund frema!
EDIT 3: Uploading right now! Needs about 20 more minutes!
EDIT 2: It’s almost ready! The video is finished. I’m going to bug-test the latest build, and then upload the video and the build. It should be available in about 1 hour from now.
EDIT: Right now, it’s 6:00 AM in my time zone. I’ve spent the past 8 hours working on the next update video. I predicted that it would be done by now, but it’s turning out to take longer than I expected. Right now, I’m about 50% done with the video. It will be ready sometime on Jan 16th, but I can’t predict exactly when. I’m sorry for the wait!
Shoot! I won’t be able to reach my personal goal of releasing the new update by midnight tonight. However, I do think that it’ll be available within 8 hours.
To make up for the fact that you’ll have to wait a bit longer than expected for the next update, I’ll share a screenshot with you. This screenshot features something that will receive some focus in my next video:
I wonder if you can correctly identify the object in this screenshot that be receiving attention in my next video – or the reason why I’ll be focusing on that object.
I’ll try to get the next video and build out as soon as possible! Thanks for your patience!
I always try to update the game on the 1st and 15th day of every month. This has proven to be very difficult, because one day before the update, I always find a bunch of little things that I want to fix or add or improve. That’s where I am right now; the update is almost ready, but I want to put some more polish onto it before rolling it out. I always regret saying this, but I believe that the next update will probably be available within 27 hours, unless something very significant interrupts my progress.
To apologize for the delay, here’s a preview of something you’ll see in the next build!
What exactly is going on in this screenshot? I won’t tell you; I want to keep it vague so that you have something to speculate about while waiting for the next update!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
Wow! It’s been about 6 months since I’ve mentioned the subject of e-mails on this blog! Fortunately, I’m not here to complain about getting too many e-mails; I’m making this blog post for a completely different reason.
My e-mail service was having problems over the past 24 hours. If you sent me an e-mail in the past 24 hours and haven’t received a response, please e-mail me again!
I’m not even sure if my e-mail service was even giving people an error message when they tried to e-mail me, or if their e-mail was just disappearing into the void…
By the way, on the topic of e-mails, I do have one other thing to mention:
“I tried to download the game and my download didn’t finish” is not a bug, so please don’t send me ‘bug reports’ about that.
I know that you probably come to this development blog to see blog posts about development, and not notes about e-mails, so I’m sorry that I had to take up your time with a blog post like this. There is simply no other way for me to instantly spread a message to a wide number of people, some of whom may have been trying to contact me. This is actually the first time I’ve ever had to make a blog post about technical problems happening on my end.
If you’d like to hear an actual update about the game’s development, here’s what I’m willing to say: I will probably have a new build of the game available in 3~4 days!
Whoops! There were a couple of significant problems in the previous build. I prepared a new one for you as quickly as I could! There was also a problem that was preventing the launcher from giving people the latest build of the game; I’ve fixed that problem, too. You can scroll down to the bottom of this blog post to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build.
This is the part of the blog post where I usually share some remarkable fan art that I discovered online. But, today, I want to give the spotlight to a very different type of fan-made content. A Russian gentleman has produced a series of videos where he superimposes himself into Yandere Simulator’s school, and interacts with Yandere-chan and the other students. I think that’s sooooo cool!
When I first started working on Yandere Simulator, I never would have imagined that it would eventually inspire people to create videos like this! It’s a very silly video, but I still think it’s awesome, and I simply HAVE to share it with you. Even if you don’t speak Russian, you’ll probably be able to follow the plot anyway:
Okay! Now, on to the changelog:
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to load all student portraits every time the Student Info menu was opened – instead of only loading them once – which had the side-effect of causing the game to run out of memory and crash for some users.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to strip off bloody club clothing (such as the martial arts gi or the painter’s frock).
- Fixed bug that would cause the fountain to be brightly lit at all times of day, regardless of the current amount of sunlight.
- Fixed bug that would cause female randomly-generated students to spawn in a completely broken state.
- Changed the brightness level of some textures so that they are not blindingly white at noontime.
- The Cyborg Ninja easter egg now makes Yandere-chan immune to Senpai and teachers.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kuu Dere to spin in circles on the school rooftop.
- Adjusted door animation speed so that doors do not instantly snap open and closed.
- Strengthened “the first line of defense” and “the second line of defense.”
- Fixed bug that caused Yui Rio to spawn with Yandere-chan’s hairstyle.
The second half of my January Osana Progress Report is finally ready! Please check it out below!
As promised, a new build of the game is now available. Here’s a full list of everything that is new or different in the latest build:
- There are now “fake Gardening Club members” walking around in the Gardening Club. They don’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pick-pocketing.
- The Gardening Club shed is now locked, unless the player pickpockets the Gardening Club Leader or joins the Gardening Club.
- It is possible to pickpocket the leader of the gardening Club to get a key that unlocks the shed.
- The textures / objects in the Gardening Club have been changed slightly.
- There is now rat poison in the Gardening Club’s shed.
- The hair of the “fake Gardening Club members” was modeled by Qvajangel! Thanks, Qva!
- The nurse now walks around the infirmary, but doesn’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pickpocketing.
- There is now a bottle of emetic medicine in a locked cabinet in the infirmary.
- It is possible to pickpocket the nurse to get a key that unlocks the cabinet.
- Added a control panel to the metal detectors so that it’s easier for the player to tell where to use the screwdriver.
- Fixed bug that would cause low-detail students to remain low-detail even when the camera was very close to them.
- Fixed bug that would cause a blank text message to appear when sending Info-chan a picture of Nemesis’ panties.
- Added the ability to censor panties in Mission Mode by tapping the key that normally summons the Debug Menu.
- Added some polish to the Mission Mode game over screen (new sounds, more legible text, fixed typos, etc).
- Added sound effects for the security cameras and for shutting down the metal detectors in Mission Mode.
- Replaced the grass texture. The new texture is a placeholder. A better grass texture is coming soon.
- Adjusted the size of the square-shaped selection highlight in the Student Info screen.
- Changed the appearance of the visual effects for all fountains in the school.
- The player can now order “Lethal Poison” or “Emetic Poison” from Info-chan.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Info-chan’s “Services” menu from opening.
- Moved Inkyu and Sakyu to a new location during lunchtime.
- Added a sound effect for the security camera.
- Added a sound effect for the metal detector.
- Changed the dates in the Calendar screen.
I’ve been heavily considering making a follow-up video to “Yandere Simulator: Past, Present, and Future” where I discuss more about the origins of the game, what I am prioritizing, and what I predict I’ll be able to accomplish in 2017.
In 2015, I brought up the subject of adding a small town to the game…and then never addressed the topic again. In 2016, I brought up the subject of re-naming the game…and then never addressed the topic again. There were also several other subjects that were never given closure. I’d really like to make a video that addresses the lingering loose ends of 2015 and 2016.
In January of last year, Yandere Simulator was banned from Twitch.tv. On the anniversary of Yandere Simulator’s ban, I plan to release a follow-up video explaining what I’ve done to investigate the issue, why I believe the game was banned, and whether or not the game has any chance of getting unbanned.
Making any of these videos would take up a day or two that could otherwise have been spent on Osana. But, if Osana is two months away, then it doesn’t really seem like a big deal to spend a few days making videos that address important subjects. I do feel guilty whenever I do anything that isn’t directly related to Osana, though. Hmm…it’s a tough call to make.
I wonder – if there was a poll about this subject, which option would you vote for?
It’s very rare for me to break a video into two parts, but that’s what I decided to do with my latest video. When I realized that second half of the video was going to be drastically different in tone and subject matter than the first half, it seemed like a good idea to split it in two. So, instead of one 20-minute video, it’ll be two 10-minute videos.
Without further ado, here’s my progress report! (Or, the first half of it, at least!)
On Jan 2nd or Jan 3rd, I’ll release Part 2, along with a new build of the game. I hope I can take care of it as quickly as possible!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!