I’ve got two things for you today! The first thing is a new build of the game, with some bug fixes and adjustments. The second thing is…a rap battle between Yandere-chan and Osana Najimi! Yes, that’s right! You can see the battle here:
Fixes and Changes
- Updated some of the sanity-based killing animations so that the victim’s body would not wind up too far away from their position at the beginning of the animations.
- Fixed bug that was causing a shadow to appear over Yandere-chan’s face if the player activated the panty censor before or during Tornado Mode.
- Fixed bug that was causing the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene to break if the player had chosen the 6th school uniform.
- Changed the functionality of Blade Hair Mode. The original functionality was too difficult to activate.
- If school atmosphere is low, the school’s loading screen will be different.
- Fixed clipping problems with a few of Yandere-chan’s hairstyles.
- Sanity-based killing animations are now activated by default.
- Added twelve new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added one new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed typos in the game’s credits.
In 2015 and 2016, I asked fans for a lot of feedback, but rarely did I ever make videos acknowledging that feedback or announcing how it would affect the game moving forward. I was planning to make a “Tying Up Loose Ends” video, where I’d finally address many of the subjects that never received proper closure in 2015 or 2016. As I started writing out the script for this video, I realized that one specific topic – the subject of adding a small town into Yandere Simulator – was so multifaceted that I could create an entire video about that one subject alone. So, here’s a video about that one issue!
Here are the polls that I’d like you to vote on:
I’m sure that many of you are thinking, “Don’t talk about that! Talk about Osana! What is the latest progress on Osana?”
If that’s what you’d really like to hear about, then click “Continue Reading” to hear what I’ve been doing over the past 2 weeks.
EDIT: Uploading the new builds right now.
Just to keep you updated: I intend to upload a new video and a new build in about 3~4 hours.
Here’s an illustration that will be appearing in my next video:
Have fun speculating about what this could mean for Yandere Simulator!
Thanks for your patience!
I apologize for not making this blog post sooner!
I intend to release a new build and a new video very soon; within 24~48 hours.
I’m sorry for keeping you waiting!
I tried contacting Twitch numerous times in many different ways for one full year, and never heard a response from them. Because traditional forms of communication were not working, I concluded that the only way I’d ever get a response from Twitch would be if I drew a large amount of attention to the problem.
However, over the past seven days, I’ve been worrying that my previous video may have gotten me even further from getting Yandere Simulator back onto Twitch. The problem is that the hostile nature of my video severely limits Twitch’s ability to respond to me. After realizing this, I decided to create a second video that is much less harsh and critical towards Twitch. This is my attempt to “extend an olive branch” to Twitch, and let them know that my goal is to achieve a positive resolution, not to cause a media storm.
You might not care about the Twitch situation in the slightest. You might be disappointed that I spent time making another video about the subject, rather than working on the game. I apologize if this is the case. Please keep this in mind: it only took me one night to make this video. If it helps, tell yourself “It’s the weekend, so YandereDev only worked part-time today, but he’ll be back to working on it full-time starting tomorrow”.
If I ever make another video about Twitch, it will be my final video about the subject. I’ll either be saying, “The game is unbanned! Yay!” or I’ll be saying, “The game is banned and it’s staying banned. Here’s why.”
I’ve uploaded a new build that fixes many of the bugs that were present in the last build!
To read a changelog of everything that is new in the latest build, please scroll down past this beautiful illustration by ZakuraRain!
I’ve been waiting so long for the Flame Demon to become relevant, so that I could finally share this gorgeous artwork with you! And now, the time has come! Hooray!
ZakuraRain also drew two other really beautiful illustrations related to Midori and the Flame Demon – one of them is old, and one of them is recent!
Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that was causing the camera to be positioned at a low height during the “Summoning Flame Demon” cutscene, if the player had been crouching or crawling before initiating the summoning sequence.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to freely walk around after a group takedown animation if she was performing an action (such as an attack or dumping a corpse) while being apprehended.
- Students will now pause for a moment before performing a group-takedown, instead of instantly launching into a group takedown immediately after witnessing a murder.
- Attempted to fix bug that was causing liquid to appear on students’ bodies if they were standing nearby another student who had liquid on their body.
- Fixed bug that was causing the panty “censor shadow” to appear over Yandere-chan’s eyes, rather than her panties, during the Flame Demon easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if Yandere-chan was aiming her smartphone camera while being apprehended in a group takedown.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to speak Senpai’s lines after catching Yandere-chan misbehaving.
- Changed the school logo on the social media website accessible from Yandere-chan’s bedroom.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Flame Demon to say his “Have a taste” line more than once.
- Removed a 3D model that was not meant to be visible.
It’s been over 24 hours since my big Twitch video. I’m amazed by how much attention that video has received! I’m very grateful to everyone who sent me words of support!
Twitch still hasn’t responded to me yet. Maybe 24 hours is too soon to expect a response. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for any kind of communication from them.
On that note, I still have a lot of thoughts to share regarding the Twitch situation. I was thinking about making another video sharing these thoughts. This video would run for about 5 minutes, and would have much less “critical” tone; it would be more of an “extending an olive branch” type of video.
In your opinion, what should I do?
Note: Votes are in, poll is closed. Thanks for your input!
It’s been exactly one year since I uploaded a certain video that I wish I never had to make. In honor of the anniversary of that video, I set aside some time to create a follow-up video.
A new bug-fixing update should be available within 24 hours.