Last Update: May 25th 11:15 AM
The most recent build is located here: yanderedev.wordpress.com/downloads
I’ve got some bug fixes for you! But first, first, check out this cool artwork!
You can see a larger version here.
And you can find the talented artist, Aea, by clicking here.
With that out of the way, it’s time to tell you what bugs got squashed!
- Limited the speed of the “Pass Time” feature and the speed-up debug controls so that it’s not possible (or at least not easy) to cause the game to run so fast that an NPC’s pathfinding breaks.
- If an NPC is going to meet up with a friend and the player tries to talk to her, the NPC will politely explain that they are too busy to talk.
- If two NPCs are having a private conversation and the player walks up to them, they will get annoyed with her and the conversation will end.
- The purple-haired girl will now stay late at school so that the player can plan meetings past the time when she previously went home.
- The player can no longer speak to NPCs who have just witnessed a murder or a corpse while they are fleeing.
- Yandere-chan no longer walks in place if she was walking while receiving instructions to go to class.
- If the player kills an NPC who is in the middle of a conversation, the conversation ends.
- The player can no longer talk to two NPCs who are having a conversation with each other.
- Disabled pausing and the “Quit game?” window while writing a letter.
- Added screen blur to the background when writing a letter.
- Fixed the broken “Hateful” easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to react to Yandere-chan grabbing a corpse even if that corpse was on the other side of the map.
- Fixed bug that would keep the “Push” command above a girl’s head even after she had walked away from the rooftop.
- Added a “teacher finds suicide note, but doesn’t find a body” scenario to the End-Of-Day-Results screen.
- The player can no longer drop a note into a girl’s locker while she is standing in front of her locker.
- Disabled the player’s ability to push a girl off the roof while being chased by a teacher.
- Pulling out a weapon while dragging a corpse now drops the corpse automatically.
- Added a new easter egg.
May 20th, Part 1:
- Attempted to fix the bug that would make Xbox controller prompts appear when using a keyboard.
- Attempted to fix bug that would make teachers get stuck on the doors leading into the gym.
- Attempted to fix bug that would make teachers get stuck on the stairs leading into the gym.
- Added colliders to the stairs inside of the gym so that players can walk up the stairs.
- Fixed bug that would make teachers shut their eyes when standing guard over a corpse.
- Added three new hairstyles to the game.
May 20th, Part 2:
- Yandere-chan can now transition from crouching to crawling without having to stand up first.
- The player is no longer able to summon the weapon menu while picking up a weapon.
- The player must now de-equip weapons before leaving a note in a girl’s locker.
- Fixed bug that would cause custom textures to appear on the wrong body parts.
- Fixed bug that would make Yandere-chan go bald during a game over.
May 20th, Part 3:
- I activated Yandere-chan’s “Custom Skin Example” textures for testing, but forgot to de-activate them. I’ve de-activated the custom skin textures, so now her appearance is back to normal.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the phone highlight to scroll super fast nonstop if the player held down the right combination of buttons.
- Yandere-chan can no longer go to class if there is a corpse lying around on school grounds.
May 20th, Part 4:
- Fixed an easter egg that broke in the last update.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere Vision to remain active during class.
- Fixed bug that would cause the WASD keys to select a menu item by two steps instead of one step.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Yandere-chan from going to class if a tranquilized student was anywhere on school grounds.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in her laugh animation if Senpai came near her while laughing.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Leave Note” button prompt to be unresponsive for the first 20 seconds of the day.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Yandere-chan from going to class if a suicide had been faked earlier that day.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s hair to detatch from her body during the “Heartbroken” sequence.
- Fixed two polygons on Yandere-chan’s right arm that weren’t updating the character’s arm texture properly.
- Attempted to fix bug that would make Yandere-chan freeze when performing the mop-dipping animation.
- Changed the music that plays during the “dark” phase of the title screen.
- Added a new student who follows a different routine than normal students.
- Attempted to reduce clipping when using the “Yuno” hair mesh.
- Fixed bug that was causing students to ignore corpses.
- Restored the torn clothing of Punished Yandere-chan.
May 25th, Part 1:
- Fixed bug that would cause bizarre behavior from the new game-playing NPC if the player interrupted them while they were playing a game.
- Fixed bug that would break the “react to corpse” animation if a student discovered a corpse while holding a cell phone.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s scrunchie to remain on her head even when her ponytail was gone.
- Fixed bug that would make a girl find a note in her locker twice in one day, even if only one note was left inside.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to go to class if they had tranquilized someone that day.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from acknowledging that the player had leveled up Literature.
- If Yandere-chan kills a girl who is playing video games, that girl’s computer will now shut off.
- Prevented the computer room’s gaming music from being heard inside of other rooms.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to leave multiple notes in a girl’s locker.
- Fixed bug that was preventing students from properly reacting to dead bodies.
- Added new “find note in locker” animation.
May 25th, Part 2:
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if a teacher spotted Yandere-chan while covered in blood and talking to a student simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to freeze if Yandere-chan picked up the bottle of poison in the chemistry lab and then went to class.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Yandere-chan’s black aura from showing up on her hair during Yandere Vision.
- Increased teacher run speed so that Yandere-chan can no longer outrun teachers.
I will continue to update this blog post whenever I upload a new build between now and June 1st.