There were so many changes in the previous build of the game that some new bugs were created. I’ve created a new build that fixes many of the bugs that popped up in the previous one!
Scroll down past this utterly badass artwork by Eisjon to see the changes in the latest build!
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that could cause two game overs to occur simultaneously if the player got an “Apprehended” game over and let the game sit at the game over screen until the police arrived at school, which would trigger the police investigation sequence, eventually resulting in a second game over.
- Changed the floor texture in the Martial Arts Club and began to add new props. (More props will be added/replaced in the future. Don’t worry, the final version of the club will maintain the original color scheme.)
- If you open the easter egg menu and press the “a” key on your keyboard, Oka will wear this blazer. (It’s only compatible with the default uniform. I don’t suggest combining it with other uniforms!)
- Fixed bug that would cause a mysterious button prompt to appear on one of the rooftop air vent covers. (What is the purpose of this mysterious button prompt be about? It’s a secret…)
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to slide across the ground at high speeds when speaking to a character after dumping a tranquilized girl into a music case.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck on the tranq box if she tried to put a girl into the box from the back instead of the front.
- It is no longer possible to use the debug turtle to summon a character after destroying that character’s corpse; it was causing too many bugs.
- Fixed bug that could cause one of the rooftop air vent covers to go floating off into space if any physics objects bumped into it.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to perform her dragging animation if she was running and mopping at the same time.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to use the “Distract” command to send a student to distract a dead person.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to tranquilize girls outside of the storage room.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to gossip about Senpai.
I feel kind of bad about yesterday’s blog post. I worry that it left the impression that I was yelling at the fans, or ungrateful towards the fans. That wasn’t my intention at all. That giant essay in my previous blog post wasn’t aimed at the entire fanbase, but was instead aimed specifically at the people who were massively over-reacting when there wasn’t a build/video in early April, and freaking out because I took a single day off to play a video game.
Although I still think that the lack of a blog post for a few days doesn’t justify a massive freak-out – and I still think that I shouldn’t be required to inform people every time I take a day off – I agree that I should have made a blog post anyway. It would have cost practically no time at all, would have kept everyone well-informed, and would have saved us from some drama. “It’s better to over-communicate than under-communicate” is something that one of my old mentors would often say, and I should have remembered this advice.
When’s the next update video?
Although I originally planned to upload a video in early April and then upload another video on April 15th like usual, we’re so close to April 15th that I think I should just forget about uploading the early-April video and make it the mid-April video, instead. That’s currently how I feel.