I’ve made progress on Osana, but not enough progress to make a whole video about her just yet. During these periods of time when I’m not yet ready to show you the next big feature, I will instead be making videos about various subjects related to the game’s development. That’s the kind of video you’re about to see!
Hopefully, the next video will be all about Osana’s interaction events and confession cutscene – but if it proves to be impossible to implement all of that stuff within a 2-week time frame, then the next video will be another video about general game development stuff, similar to the video above.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
The changes in this build are relatively minor – just a few bug fixes and a few updated models/textures:
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Updated some outdated student portraits.
- Replaced more copyrighted music with original music.
- Fixed bug that would make Pippi appear bald when kidnapped.
- Updated the large backdrop image displayed behind the school’s neighborhood.
- Fixed bug that could allow the radio distraction to interfere with scripted events, resulting in weird bugs.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to appear bald if she got a Game Over while wearing certain hairstyles.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to fall through the floor if more than 3 of them witnessed murder simultaneously.
- Updated more models in the Martial Arts Club as part of the process of removing all temporary placeholder art assets from the game.
- Added a new easter egg. It’s not accessed from the Debug Menu. It involves the delinquents. I wonder how long it will take for people to figure out how to activate it…
Remember that you can hold down the Shift key when changing Yandere-chan’s accessory to jump ahead 10 accessories, to minimize the number of times you need to mash the button to see the newest accessory. This works with hairstyles, too. (Of course, one day, there should actually be a genuine graphic user interface for selecting these things…)
There’s a video that has been in the works for a really long time that is almost finished. I’m REALLY looking forward to sharing it with you! Hopefully, it will be fully completed sometime within the next two weeks. If not, then you’ll get to see it sometime in early May. Aside from that, I’m going to keep working on Osana.
Thank you for your patience!