Today is the three-year anniversary of Yandere Simulator! As of today, March 31st, the game has now been in development for three full years!
To celebrate, I’d like to share this illustration created by the wonderful Mulberry!
I love this image so much! It accurately conveys the way that it feels to work on Yandere Simulator! (On the positive days, at least!) If you’d like to see a larger version of this gorgeous artwork, click here!
Over the past three years, I’ve established a lot of traditions; on Halloween, I release a horror-themed minigame. On Christmas, I release a parody of a famous holiday song. On the final day of the year, I post statistics about the game and the blog. However, I don’t actually have a tradition for the game’s anniversary! It’s just another workday.
In the absence of a special tradition, I’ve decided to make a list of the coolest, most memorable yandere-related things that happened in the last year. Click “Continue Reading” to see everything that I enjoyed the most about 2016!
It might be a little self-congratulatory to include my own videos in this list, but I really enjoyed creating all of the following videos:
A bunch of other great things happened, as well:
- I enjoyed the development of the flame demon dating sim, Burning Love.
- I was really delighted when the very first Yandere Simulator merchandise was designed and sold.
- Meeting up with fans in person at Anime Expo was probably the highlight of the entire year!
- Seeing Yandere-chan become a character in Crush Crush was fantastic!
- Fan-works like Koumi-senpai’s “Tsubaki” were always delightful to see!
- And, of course, the Pokemon Contest and Nemesis Contest were both a total blast!
Wow – I haveb’t actually thought about it until now, but, looking back, I realize that 2016 was full of wonderful experiences! I know that a lot of people think 2016 was an awful year, but it may have actually been the best year of my life – and absolutely none of the above things wouldn’t have happened without you, the fans!
Thank you very much for coming with me on this three-year journey. We are almost certainly past the halfway point of the game’s development. I hope that you’ll stick with me until the end!
Now seems like a very appropriate time to say: Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!