I’m back from Anime Expo! It took me a few days, but I’m finally finished going through all of the e-mails that piled up while I was at the expo. I’ve also fixed many of the most-commonly-reported bugs from the June 29th build. (I’m very sorry that I left you with such a buggy build while I was absent!)
I attended Anime Expo for all 4 days of the convention. I announced what I would be wearing the day before the expo, so that people could recognize me and say hi. It worked! I was approached by Yandere Sim fans at least once per hour. It was so much fun to meet so many Yandere Sim fans! I also saw about 20 different Yandere Simulator cosplayers! Here’s a gallery of them:
The highlight of the expo were the meetups on July 1st and July 4th. July 1st was a cosplay meetup, and July 4th was a “Meet the Developer” meetup. We took a lot of fun pictures during the July 1st meetup! The following photographs were provided by Zero Serenity:
A good-natured gentleman recorded a video during the July 1st meetup. As a result, I am able to present you with video footage of the rare and elusive YandereDev, outside of his hermit cave!
It was a wonderful experience to meet Yandere Simulator fans in person. Everyone was so nice and friendly! It felt surreal to have people asking to shake my hand, take selfies with me, or have my autograph. I want to make sure that I never disappoint them, let them down, or lose their respect! I feel more determined than ever before to make Yandere Simulator the best game it can possibly be!
And, on that note, here’s a list of bug-fixes and additions in the most recent build:
- Fixed bug that would cause students to stand in very bizarre locations when reporting a murder to a teacher, if that teacher was grading a paper at the time that the murder was reported.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to run directly into teachers as if they didn’t realize that the teacher existed, if the teacher was grading a paper at the time.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to pretty much just completely break if they were interrupted in any way while performing their shoe-changing animation.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to use the “Confirm” and “Send Photo” buttons during an info-chan text message, which was not meant to be the case.
- Fixed bug that would cause students’ shoe-changing animation to break if the player aimed a camera at them as they were changing their shoes.
- Students will no longer react to Yandere-chan aiming a camera at their face if they are busy reacting to a murder or a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to float above corpses and tilt sideways when standing nearby a corpse…I think. I hope.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to nonchalantly, casually grade homework while being informed about murders and corpses.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause teachers to fall through the floor after hearing about a corpse or a murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause students’ uniforms to turn white when the player arrived at school one hour late.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters’ textures to be incorrect during the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene.
- Reduced the chance of students clipping into each other / on top of each other while entering school.
- Fixed bug that would cause Sakyu Basu’s ring to become parented to her head after being dismembered.
- Fixed bug that would cause kidnapped characters to have white hair in Yandere-chan’s basement.
- Fixed bug that would cause the victim of a murder-suicide to remain alive.
- Fixed the incorrect texture on the bottles in the chemistry lab.
Additions and Replacements
- Added a new animation for Kokona when she is answering her Monday morning phone call. (It’s a motion-captured animation! The movements of a real human being were captured for this animation!)
- Replaced the “stretching exercises” animation with a much smoother version of the animation.
- Replaced the distracting radio music with a new, original track.
- Replaced the “Bad Time Mode” music track again.
- Added new props to the Photography Room.
- The game’s official website is 99% finished. I hope to roll it out within the next few days!
- If all goes well, then I’ll be able to release a “rival introduction video” and officially introduce the game’s 10 rival girls sometime this month! If not, then next month for sure!
- A lot of volunteers have been sending in some very cool assets lately, so I’ll probably implement the new assets before I begin working the next big elimination method (Matchmaking).
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!