I couldn’t stop thinking about it, so I gave the player a few more tools to use in the Alphabet Killer Challenge. There! Now I’m satisfied. This is probably the last update that the challenge will get.
To read a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll down past this comic by LogicPuzzle!
Alphabet Killer Update
- After activating the Alphabet Killer Challenge, a “weapon bag” will appear in the Student Council room. This is the same type of bag that the delinquents wear. You can put any weapon inside of this bag. This will allow you to transport a weapon like a baseball bat without being considered suspicious. (This feature has a very high chance of becoming an official feature in the main game, outside of the challenge.)
- The player now also has access to stink bombs. Dropping a stink bomb will cause nearby students to run away, and eventually return to their routine. (This feature has a possibility of becoming an official feature in the main game, outside of the challenge.)
- The player now also has access to “amnesia bombs”. Dropping an amnesia bomb will cause nearby students to completely forget that they just witnessed a murder, and return to their routine.
- You can carry 5 smoke bombs and 5 stink bombs at a time…but you can only carry 1 amnesia bomb at a time. The number and type of bomb that you currently possess is indicated at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- The debug menu, easter egg menu, turtle, and Void Goddess are no longer available in the Alphabet Killer Challenge. Obviously, any run that involves cheats or easter eggs is completely invalid!
- Once again adjusted how students spawn at the beginning of the Alphabet Killer Challenge so that the player doesn’t need to spend time waiting for them to arrive in their clubrooms at the beginning of the day.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to think that there were no clean uniforms at school if the player committed murder while wearing club attire (such as the art club’s apron).
- Fixed bug that would cause a student council member to fail to perform the pepper-spraying animation while pepper-spraying Yandere-chan.
- Kenko (the health-conscious student) will now reject junk food, so that his actions are consistent with his profile.
- Made an optimization that should reduce the loading time of the School Scene.