As of today, it has been 48 days since the last build of Yandere Simulator! That’s the longest gap we’ve ever had between updates to the game! Fortunately, I think it’s unlikely to happen again anytime in the near future.
A new build – and a new video – are now available! It’s another video about the Student Council. The previous video was all about game design and game mechanics – this video is all about character and story.
Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of all the changes and additions in the new build, along with some other things I’d like to share with you!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- To prevent an exploit that would allow the player to seperate a student from other students by talking to that student repeatedly, a student will now become annoyed with Yandere-chan and refuse to speak to Yandere-chan if the player lets the student’s patience run out twice during a conversation, or ends a conversation without saying anything twice.
- To prevent an exploit that would allow the player to seperate a student from other students by aiming a camera at that student’s face indefinitely, students will now only pose for 5 seconds maximum before stopping. Aiming a camera at a student’s face for longer than 5 seconds will annoy the student and result in a reputation penalty.
- Replaced the interior of the school gym and fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to turn invisible / flicker while inside the gym. (Howevere, there is still no collision inside the gym yet).
- Fixed bug that would cause the school faculty to find a corpse on school grounds even if the player had cleaned up all corpses, after an un-witnessed murder-suicide had taken place at school.
- Made changes to the flexibility of ragdoll limbs in order to to fix a bug that was causing students’ limbs to rotate violently after becoming ragdolls at the end of a death animation.
- Added more cherry blossom petals around areas where they would logically be found (on the hill with a cherry tree and at the two fountains east and west of the school entrance).
- The player must now be less than 1 meter away from a student to attack them. (Previously, the player could attack from 2 meters away, which was super overpowered.)
- Updated Mei Mio’s hairstyle. I apologize to everyone who liked her old hairstyle, but my vision for the game cannot be realized unless Mei Mio has tri-tails!
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to fly into the sky if she drowned Kokona or pushed Kokona while Kokona was being distracted by another student.
- Added a little easter egg character to the “Meme Closet”. Tap the “Laugh” button to free him if he gets stuck somewhere when he’s following you around.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to become stuck in a changing booth if they tried to change clothing after reporting murder to a teacher.
- Fixed bug that prevented a student from getting a Missing Poster if their corpse was hidden by being buried in the Gardening club.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to fail to label a blunt weapon as “murder evidence” if it was used for a stealth kill.
- Trying to sneak a weapon through a metal detector by hiding it inside of a cello case or a trashcan will no longer work.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to soft-lock after asking a Placeholder Club Leader for information about a club.
- Students will now turn to look in the direction of Yandere-chan when she is attacked by Nemesis or the Headmaster.
- Button prompts will no longer look blurry if the player chooses to run the game at a low texture resolution.
- Fixed bug that would cause a mind-broken slave’s hair to bend at an extreme angle after being decapitated.
- Fixed bug that caused blood to appear instead of water when activating blood on a character in Pose Mode.
- Students now stand up out of their seats at different speeds instead of all standing up simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that was preventing manga books from being rendered in Yandere-chan’s room in LoveSick mode.
- Fixed bug that cause a gasoline can hidden inside of a trash can to clip through the can’s model.
- Made a few minor aesthetic changes to the environment (new prop in the pool area, for example).
- Fixed bug that would cause “Missing Person” posters to glow brightly in low school atmosphere.
- Fixed bug that prevented Nemesis from wearing a student’s stockings when impersonating them.
- The day of the week will no longer be displayed during Mission Mode. (It’s irrelevant.)
- Fixed bug that would cause some randomly-generated teachers to spawn with nurse hats.
- Fixed exploit that would allow male students to be tranquilized and kidnapped.
- You can now press “W” in the debug menu to toggle bookbags for all students.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing one of the male hairstyles from appearing.
- Fixed bug that caused Kizana’s hair to be brightly lit at all times of day.
- Added text to the loading screen to help players troubleshoot crashes.
- Reduced compression of background music to increase audio quality.
- There are now sound effects for both running and walking.
- Replaced the old “cat ears” accessory with a new one.
- Completely redesigned the Student Council clubroom.
- The volume of running footsteps has been reduced.
- Lowered volume of music in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Added a new joke weapon in the Drama Clubroom.
- Improved the Headmaster bust in the Art Room.
- Added a few new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added a lock to the gardening shed.
- Added an apron to Geiju.
I’d like to take a moment to thank the volunteer who created the hair models and accessory models that are used by the student council! He goes by the username of Qvajangel, and you can see his work here!
Qvajangel accepts commissions! If you wish to see a hairstyle appear in Yandere Simulator, you can commission him to model it, and I’ll include it in the game! You can find his commission sheet here!
Actually, Qvajangel is holding an event right now! One randomly-selected winner will be able to design a hairstyle for Yandere Simulator for free! You can read the details here!
Oh, by the way…speaking of events…
2017 Art Contest
In 2015 and 2016, I held art contests! However, I’ve been so busy with the student council that I didn’t find the time to do anything similar this year…until now! Tomorrow, I’ll announce the theme of the 2017 art contest. If you’re an artist, I hope that you’ll participate!
There is quite a number of features I’m interested in working on…
- Real club leaders
- More club members
- The guidance counselor
- Making students react to blood
- Further work on the new school gym
- The low-reputation game over sequence
- The maid minigame and another minigame that has story relevance
- Spending a couple of weeks making a bunch of minor improvements and taking care of miscellaneous “checklist items” like back in October.
All of these things need to get done eventually, so it doesn’t really matter what order the work gets done in; the only thing that matters is that it all gets done, one way or another.
In short, I’ll continue to do all of the work that needs to be done before I feel like it’s time for Yandere Simulator be judged as a “game” rather than a “debug sandbox for testing purposes”. Once Yandere Sim has reached that state, I’ll implement Osana, release her, and listen to your feedback!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!