There is a frustrating bug within the Unity editor that really slows down my progress a lot. I want to try upgrading the game from Unity 2019 to Unity 2020 to see if the bug has been fixed in the latest version of Unity. However, this would be pretty risky, because if there is anything in the game’s code that is incompatible with Unity 2020, I’ll have to spend a lot of time refactoring scripts and fixing bugs until the game is finally able to run again.
Upgrading to Unity 2020 might take a few hours, or it might take a few days…but, either way, before attempting the upgrade, I wanted to finish the stuff I was working on, and upload a new build. So, here it is!
To see a list of everything that is fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll past this video of Yandere Simulator running on a 1974 television set by Per Mateo!
Before I uploaded the 1980s Mode announcement trailer to YouTube, I wanted to put the trailer onto a VHS tape, put it into a VCR, film the trailer playing on an 1980s TV set, and then upload my recording of the trailer playing on the TV.
It would have been a time-consuming process, so I ultimately decided against doing it…that’s why I think it’s really cool to see Yandere Sim playing on a 1974 TV; it’s pretty close to the idea I had for the 1980s Mode trailer!
Fixes and Changes
- Previously, the police would be called if the player attended class while a corpse concealed inside of a garbage bag was at school. This has been adjusted; now the player can attend class with a corpse present at school, as long as that corpse is inside of a garbage bag.
- In a previous build, I updated the amount of money that the Yakuza pays you for kidnapped victims, but I didn’t update the price labels in his menu. The price labels have now been updated to reflect how much money you actually get from him.
- From now on, whenever a suitor attempts to approach a rival but her corpse has been concealed / disposed of, the suitor will look around in a confused fashion, leave, and not look for the rival for the rest of the day.
- You can now use Persona Mirrors to restore Ryoba’s original “swaying from side to side” idle animation, in case you prefer it over her new idle animation.
- The player is no longer allowed to pick up the radio in 1980s Mode, because using the radio in certain ways during the tutorial could result in bugs.
- Fixed bug that would cause male students in 1980s Mode to use the incorrect indoor/outdoor shoes.
- Fixed bug that caused hairstyle #13 to be invisible in the Senpai Creation screen.
- Fixed bug that caused the Senpai Creation screen to display outdated hairstyles.
- The NPCs in the town are now different between 1989 and 202X.
- Updated the 1980s Mode rival portraits.