I uploaded a bug-fixing build yesterday; I just never wrote a blog post about it! So, here it is!
Today is the 1-month anniversary of 1980s Mode! The past month has been extremely educational; I learned a lot about how the game needs to improve before the 10 main rivals are implemented, and making those improvements will be my next priority. I still have a list of bugs to fix, though, so you’ll see me release a few more bug-fixing builds before I begin focusing exclusively on improvements.
Before I start telling you about the fixes and changes in the latest build, I’d like to mention that I’ve updated the Characters page of the official website. Twelve new characters from 1980s Mode have been added to the site – the 10 rivals of 1980s Mode, the Senpai of 1980s Mode, and the counselor of 1980s Mode. Also, the Yakuza’s artwork has been updated, new artwork has been added to Sumire’s profile, and Sumire’s profile has been re-written. (If you don’t see all the new additions when you visit the page, wait an hour and then return. The cache doesn’t update instantly.)
Okay! With all of that news out of the way, it’s time to list all of the fixes and changes in the latest build. To see that, scroll down past this gorgeous artwork of Ryoba by yikichan!
Fixes and Changes
- There was a bug that would cause students to pretend Yandere-chan didn’t exist if the student was hiding in a classroom after discovering a blood stain somewhere at school. This bug had been fixed; students will now react properly to Yandere-chan while they are hiding in their classrooms. (Does this invalidate some Genocide Ending strategies?)
- Now 1980s Mode has been out for a month and everyone has had a chance to play it “properly”, I have now enabled the Extras menu at the 1980s Mode title screen, allowing people to access debug commands and easter eggs while playing 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause Cooking Club members to only consider Student Council members as valid targets to give food to, which was causing them to freeze in place and interfere with the completion of the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Ryoba from being able to return to her default idle animation after changing her Persona using a mirror.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to incorrectly identify some “ARRESTED” game overs as “HEARTBROKEN” game overs.
- Replaced textures for certain posters on walls that contained corny 4th-wall-breaking jokes.
- Fixed bug that caused cell phones in 1980s Mode and 202X to be the wrong size.
- Ryoba now uses the correct idle animation and walk animation when in the town.
- Ryoba now uses the correct idle animation when inside of her room.
- It is now possible to giggle while crouching or crawling.