Hello! I have a new build for you with a lot of changes in it!
To see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, scroll down past this short animation by C h E r r Y!
Socializing With Students
Previously, when talking to a student, you would automatically learn how they felt about two subjects: socializing and solitude. This immediately gave the player the information necessary to socialize and gossip with that student effectively, which defeated the entire purpose of implementing a system where the player is given 15 choices and is meant to manually learn how a student feels about each of those subjects.
So, as of now, the player will no longer automatically learn how a student feels about those two subjects just by talking to them. Instead, this is how it’s going to work:
- The player will now learn how a student feels about socializing after socializing with them one time (successfully or unsuccessfully).
- The player will now learn how a student feels about solitude after befriending that student.
(Think you’re going to be annoyed by this change? Here’s a hint: All Cooking Club members love Cooking, all Drama Club students love Drama, etc. This should give you some help.)
Fixes and Changes
- Previously, the the “Gossip” option would only become unavailable after the player had performed a successful gossip interaction. This allowed the player to gossip repeatedly until they got it right. From now on, the “Gossip” option will become unavailable after the player has used it once, regardless of whether or not they failed or succeeded.
- Fixed bug that caused Ritsuko (the “rich girl” rival who sleeps at the school pool) to spawn a steam cloud and change into a swimsuit when meeting with her suitor, if a meeting with her suitor was arranged before she had an opportunity to change into a swimsuit near the beginning of the day.
- Teachers in 1980s Mode now make calls from retro-looking cell phones modeled after actual cell phones that really existed in 1989, instead of using modern-looking cell phones. (The headmaster requested the latest in portable telephone technology from Saikou Corp.)
- Students who are distracted by a dropped object while eating will now set their bento down while investigating the dropped object, allowing you to poison their bento while they are investigating something suspicious.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to dispose of Sumire’s corpse with a woodchipper or vat of acid during the tutorial, breaking the intended sequence and softlocking the game.
- It’s no longer possible to start the Alphabet Killer Challenge on any day other than Week 1 Day 1. Starting the challenge on any other day could lead to bugs.
- Fixed bug that prevented any student in 1980s Mode from changing their animations or any aspect of their daily routine after being marked for bullying.
- Fixed bug that caused the delinquent combat minigame to glitch out if it began while Yandere-chan was performing the “sneak panty shot” animation.
- The amount of money that the player can earn from delivering certain kidnapped prisoners to the Yakuza was way too high, and it has been reduced.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to fail the Alphabet Killer Challenge if they disposed of the body of one of the Art Club members.
- Fixed bug that prevented a rival from performing a “search for lost book” action after the player had stolen the book that she borrowed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to softlock if the player grabbed an item off of the ground before stabbing Sumire in the tutorial.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to pick up a garbage bag box if it was on the ground in a specific rotation.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to talk to the Newspaper Club President about his club on a day when School Atmosphere was low.
- Fixed bug that allowed a student running to a toilet to vomit to be distracted by the player’s behavior.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to enter the delinquent combat minigame with Yandere Vision active.
- Delinquents no longer react if they see a weapon dropped on the ground. They simply don’t care.
- Fixed bug that made the wrong shopkeeper portrait display in the Hair Salon in 202X.
- Fixed bug in the Alphabet Killer Challenge that put one student on the list twice.