While I was working on my latest video, I got a lot of bug reports and new assets. I wanted to take care of them as I received them, but if I did that, then my video’s production would have moved at a snail’s pace. So, I had to put all of those tasks aside and save them until after the video was completed.
After uploading the video, I finally got the opportunity to start working on all of the tasks that had piled up. And as of today, I’ve finally finished getting through them all!
Most of the changes in the latest build are just bug fixes and aesthetic changes, but it’s important to me to make sure that the latest version of Yandere Simulator is as stable as possible, because there might be a large gap of time between this build and the next. That’s because my next task will be to do what I talked about in my most recent video – demonstrating my ability to put 10 rivals into the game in a timely fashion. How do I intend to do that? Well, I still want to keep my plans a secret for now, but I think a lot of people are going to enjoy what I have planned.
In the meantime, you can read a list of the latest changes by scroll down beneath this super badass artwork of Ayano’s Light Music Club costume, drawn by Johaui!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed “dead-alive glitch” that would happen if the player initiated an emergency shower in the science lab immediately after a student council member realized that Yandere-chan was responsible for murder.
- Someone asked for the ability to turn off the FPS display on the right side of the screen, so I’ve added this option to the Settings menu. You can toggle it on or off whenever you want.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Raibaru from traveling to the Martial Arts Club if the player told her to visit the club while Raibaru was talking to the rooftop with Osana.
- During the “Lilium Mode” easter egg, a helmet was supposed to appear on Yandere-chan’s head, but it wasn’t appearing, due to a bug. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to check for a note at the wrong locker, while facing the wrong direction, after being told there was a note in their locker.
- Fixed bug that caused female Sleuths to fail to generate the right daily routine if they were aware that Yandere-chan had committed murder earlier in the week.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to access Kokona’s befriend/betray sidequest, even though it wasn’t supposed to be included in the demo.
- The “Sabotage” option is no longer available for sinks inside of the bathroom – only for drinking fountains in the hallways.
- Fixed bug that would break Osana’s routine if she became distracted while she was making a playlist for Senpai on Friday.
- Fixed bug that caused the “cauterize” option to appear when holding a blowtorch near a student wrapped in a garbage bag.
- Osana will no longer perform her “make a playlist for Senpai” event if she was already eliminated earlier in the week.
- Fixed bug that would prevent students’ voiced lines from playing while they were checking their lockers for notes.
- During the Alphabet Killer Challenge, students were not using the proper routines. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed bug that reset the game’s graphical settings to default every time the player started a new save file.
- The “Send Student Home” feature is no longer an aspect of Mission Mode, since it was too overpowered.
- Fixed typo which implied that one of Info-chan’s Bounties would pay out 2x as much as it actually would.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to report a corpse to the P.E. teacher or nurse.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Flame Demon’s flaming dagger from working on Raibaru.
- Stink bombs no longer affect Osana when she’s waiting under the confession tree.
- Replaced the computer stations in the computer lab which much better models.
- Sleuths will no longer follow you into the locker room while investigating you.
- Stink bombs can no longer interrupt a mind-broken slave’s murder animation.
- Updated the appearance of the chair that kidnapped victims are tied to.
- Updated the model of the tea house in on the east side of the school.
- The stalker’s sister has a new character model and hairstyle.
- Minor aesthetic changes to a few characters, like Ryuto.
Titan Mode Update
The “Titan Mode” easter egg is one of the game’s oldest easter eggs (perhaps THE oldest?) and is a part of the game’s legacy and identity. However, it lacked any sort of cool functionality, like most of the easter eggs that came after it. So, aside from its initial shock value, it didn’t provide a lot of fun. I recently finished watching Attack on Titan season 4, which re-awakened the AoT fanboy that was hibernating inside of me, so I decided to update the Titan Mode easter egg a bit. Here are the changes:
- Yandere-chan’s clothing has been updated from a recolored school uniform to the ODM gear that the characters wear in the 4th season of the show.
- Yandere-chan can now fly around with the A button (or E key). Unlike the characters from the show, Yandere-chan doesn’t use grappling hooks to fly; just a steam-powered jetpack. It may take some getting used to, but after you adapt to it, you might find it to be a lot of fun!
- Yandere-chan now dual-wields a pair of Anti-Titan swords. You can swing them using the X button (or F key).
- Titans now come in varying sizes, and are distributed around the exterior of the school building.
- You can now kill titans by attacking their napes, just like in the show.
I strongly recommend using a gamepad for this one! I predict that trying to attack titans while flying around in three dimensions will be difficult with mouse+keyboard.
Of course, since it’s just a silly little easter egg for fun, the gameplay isn’t as refined as what you’d find in an official Attack on Titan game, but I’m still pretty happy with how it turned out. It’s always really satisfying when you envision something in your mind, then make it become a reality.
After hearing about the Titan Mode update, you might be thinking, “YandereDev! You just released a video about all the problems that resulted from getting side-tracked during development, and now you’re telling us you just spent your time updating an old easter egg?!” But, please, relax. This is probably the last time I’ll add or edit an easter egg for a long while. Now that I’ve gotten it out of my system, I feel ready to turn my attention to that “Putting 10 rivals into the game in a timely fashion” plan that I mentioned at the end of my next video. In fact, let me say a few words about that:
I am super eager to jump straight into the development of that “10 rivals” surprise I talked about recently. However, there are still a handful of minor improvements I want to make to the game. If I don’t make those improvements now, then they’ll have to wait until after the “10 rivals” thing is in the game. It’s a little difficult to predict exactly how long that will actually take, so I feel like I should take care of those minor improvements sooner rather than later.
An audio engineer provided me with a ton of sound effects to include in the game, but I never took the time to add them because they always felt like a lower priority than gamepay-related tasks. Players have asked for a bunch of quality-of-life improvements that I strongly agree with. I planned to give each member of the Martial Arts Club a task, but haven’t done it yet because I’ve had a hard time finding the perfect voice actors for the characters. Just a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that has been on my to-do list for a long time.
As of now, my plan is to release just one more build, and then launch myself entirely into the “10 rivals” task. While working on the “10 rivals” feature, I probably won’t be able to release any new builds until the feature is complete, since I wouldn’t want people to see it half-finished or try to leak/spoil things. So, there might be a long gap between the next build and the one that comes after it. However, that wait will definitely be worth it.
I hope you’re going to love what I have planned! Thank you for your patience, and thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!