New video, check it out!
A significant portion of the video is about extremely minor changes that I’ve been making recently. It might seem a little boring to hear about such tiny adjustments, but that’s the entire point; to communicate that, at this stage of development, the only things left for me to do are minor fixes, because all of the major stuff is complete!
In short: Osana is fully functional, and what I’m doing right now is testing each one of her elimination methods to make sure there aren’t any problems, so I can prepare her for release. Exciting, right?!
But, don’t get TOO excited, because there is still one last hurdle to overcome before Osana is released. I want the official demo to feel like a significant upgrade from the debug sandbox, so I want to update several aspects of the game before I release the demo. Trust me, it’s going to be worth it.
While I was going through the “quality assurance” phase of Osana’s development, I fixed bugs and removed exploits that were unrelated to Osana. I’ve decided to release a new build so that you have access to the latest and greatest version of the game. Click “Continue Reading” to see a list!
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Students who need to vomit will now travel to the toilet that is nearest to their current location, instead of always traveling to a toilet that is on the east side of the school.
- Fixed bug that caused Cooking Club members to perform the wrong animations if they were sent to distract a student before they had begun to prepare food.
- Adjusted the pathfinding grid in the plaza so that students don’t brush against the leaves of the hedges while walking through the plaza.
- Fixed bug that caused cooking club students’ trays to turn invisible if they were distracted by a giggle while they were preparing food.
- Delinquents will no longer make snide remarks at you when you’re near their hangout spot, if there is a wall separating you from them.
- There is now a “Freeze All Students” option in Pose Mode that will instantly freeze all students in school at their current location.
- It is no longer possible to send a student to distract a teacher; the ability to do so in previous builds was an oversight.
- It is now possible to electrocute students inside of bathrooms, instead of only at drinking fountains.
- Fixed bug that caused Senpai’s eyes to lack white reflections at the Senpai Creation Screen.
- It is now possible to sit on the benches in the Japanese garden next to the hedge maze.
- Fixed bug that caused some classroom props to float in midair.
Putting the finishing touches on Osana, testing everything to make sure that there aren’t any significant bugs / design flaws, upgrading the game from “debug sandbox” to “official demo”, and then finally releasing it! I’ve been waiting years to reach this stage of the game’s development – so exciting!! I hope you’ll look forward to it!
…hmm…aren’t I forgetting something…?…
…oh, yeah, that’s right!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Artwork by Budokas!