It’s finally ready! A proper intro cutscene, one of the last remaining features that I considered to be an absolute necessity before implementing Osana. Take a look!
I’ve uploaded a new build containing the intro cutscene, along with a small number of other improvements and bug fixes. Click “Continue Reading” to see a list!
Additions, Changes, and Fixes
- The player now has a “Cyberstalk” option at their PC at night-time. You can cyber-stalk a student to instantly learn all of their likes/dislikes. To view a student’s likes/dislikes, you’ll have to go to their profile and press the R key (or the Y button on controller) to see a grid depicting all of their interests. This is intended to be used as a “cheat sheet” to make the match-making feature easier. It will also be helpful if I eventually re-design the conversation system so that, to gain favor from a student, you need to say positive things about what they like, and say negative things about what they dislike, in order to gain favor with them.
- Finally implemented an intro animation for the game. (It plays upon starting a new game.) (By the way, Senpai’s appearance and the school uniforms you’ll see in the intro cutscene are dependent on your choices in the Senpai Creation screen!)
- When starting a new game, the player will now see a “Message from the Developer” screen after Yandere-chan’s conversation with Info-chan. The purpose of this screen is to clarify something that confuses a lot of newcomers.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to control Yandere-chan while she was being sent to the guidance counselor’s office, if she was taking a photograph at the exact moment that she was caught by a teacher.
- Thanks to advice from a friendly Unity developer, you should now notice improvements to the game’s framerate when looking towards the front of the school at the beginning of the day.
- Fixed bug that would result in a teacher or student council member attempting to send Yandere-chan to the guidance counselor while she was being apprehended by a group of students.
- Fixed bug that caused the guidance counselor to fail to speak the correct words if Yandere-chan was sent to her office for carrying bloody clothing.
- Updated the Falcon Mode textures and models so that the character is a parody, rather than an exact replica of a per-existing character.
- Fixed bug that would cause the police to discover drowned corpses even if they had been burned by the incinerator.
- Updated the Berserk easter egg music with an original track instead of a royalty-free track from the Internet.
- Yandere-chan will now scoot close to a bento when poisoning it, instead of poisoning it from a meter away.
- Students will no longer accuse Ayano of murder if Ayano was wearing a mask at the time of the murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character’s smartphone to float in midair if they died by drowning.
- Updated some face textures (some male students were using female face textures).
- Added an animation that will play when Yandere-chan crushes a smartphone.
- Updated the Debunk page with 5 new debunks at the bottom of the list.
Over the past 2 weeks, I’ve made a ton of progress towards the implementation of the Mysterious Obstacle! I feel like it’s safe to predict that I can fully implement the feature by July 1st. However, since the Obstacle is only a meaningful addition to the game when Osana is present at school, I probably won’t make the Obstacle spawn at school in the July 1st build of the game; you’ll have to wait until Osana is implemented before you can interact with the Obstacle.
Anime Expo Meetup?
After a lot of consideration, I’ve decided not to host a Yandere Sim fan meet-up at Anime Expo this year. I’m sorry to disappoint anyone who may have been looking forward to it.