July 3rd Edit: I uploaded a minor bug-fixing build. Changelog at the bottom of the post.
I’m very, very sorry; the Mysterious Obstacle isn’t ready yet! I hope you’re not too disappointed with me…
I was genuinely trying my hardest to implement the Obstacle by July 1st, but as the deadline grew closer, it became increasingly apparent that July 1st was never a realistic deadline to begin with. I could write an entire blog post about the numerous things that hindered my progress over the past 2 weeks, but it would probably sound like I’m whining, and I don’t want to subject you to that. So, instead, I’ll just do the best I can to implement the Obstacle ASAP.
Unfortunately, there is an additional complication that you should be aware of. Anime Expo is happening in a few days, and it’s extremely important to me to attend the convention. It’s like a mandatory religious pilgrimage for me; abstaining from the expo is simply not an option. This actually throws a big monkey wrench into the Mysterious Obstacle situation…
On July 3rd, I will be traveling to Los Angeles so that I can attend Anime Expo from July 4th~7th. On July 8th, I will be returning home from Los Angeles. So, if I can’t complete the Obstacle before July 3rd, it means that my next opportunity to resume work on the Obstacle won’t be until July 8th. What unfortunate timing! I really, really didn’t want the Obstacle to be delayed that long, but that’s what the situation currently looks like.
I’m very sorry to anyone who is disappointed by this news. Hopefully, you can forgive me and wait until July 8th~15th to see me finally unveil the Obstacle. I’ve put a lot of work into her, and I really, really hope that she’s going to be worth the wait!
In the meantime, I have something more positive to share with you; yesterday was my birthday, and a countless number of people sent encouraging messages to me, expressing their appreciation for Yandere Simulator, and wishing me a happy birthday. Two of the most touching messages actually came from the Russian and Ukrainian fan communities, who have consistently sent me very sweet and heartwarming videos for the past 5 years. Here’s what they created for me this year:
I was feeling really sad when I realized that I wouldn’t be able to implement the Obstacle by July 1st, but seeing these heartfelt videos filled me with strength and motivation to keep working as hard as I can! I’m super grateful that the Russian and Ukrainian communities still have faith in me; it means the world to me!
As long as I am sharing videos, I’d also like to share a song created by Michaela Laws, the voice of Yandere-chan; it’s a song from Yandere-chan’s perspective, and Michaela did an absolutely outstanding job writing lyrics that appropriately convey the nature of the character – as she always does! Please check out her work!
I feel guilty if I let two weeks pass without releasing a new build, so I’ve prepared a bug-fixing build. It doesn’t contain the Mysterious Obstacle, but it’s a lot less buggy than the previous build. Click “Continue Reading” to see a changelog!
Changes, Fixes, Additions
- While implementing some of the events that occur between Osana and the “Mysterious Obstacle”, I discovered that there simply wasn’t enough time in the day for all of Osana’s events to take place. To provide Osana with a longer span of time for her events to take place in, I’ve slowed down the game’s clock; the span of a minute in Yandere Simulator is now approximately 1.5x longer than it was before.
- Adjusted courtyard doors so that it should be less likely (or impossible) for characters to get stuck between the doors and the wall.
- Removed stockings from Ryoba in the intro cutscene. (She didn’t actually wear stockings when she was in high school. Oops!)
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to walk on top of the east and west fountains at the corners of the school.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Light Music Club minigame from unloading after the player had finished playing it.
- Updated some characters’ likes and dislikes to be more consistent with what I’ve said about them in the past.
- Fixed bug that would cause Sleuths to sit in midair instead of actually performing their sleuthing duties.
- Fixed bug that preventing Yandere-chan from entering combat animations in the delinquent combat minigame.
- Small aesthetic adjustments to several characters’ hair textures (namely the nurse and teachers).
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to take out a weapon during the delinquent combat minigame.
- Fixed bug that caused Senpai to fail to animate during the low-reputation game over sequence.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to open the map while a Tutorial window was displaying.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from facing a delinquent who was charging at her.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to wear two pairs of panties simultaneously.
- Re-balanced the price of purchasing a sedative from Info-chan.
- Replaced music that plays during Shipgirl easter egg.
- Fixed typos in the Discord Rich Presence text.
- By the way, it’s worth mentioning that, recently, several dozen of my YouTube videos were translated into Turkish by Metehan ÖRTEN! I’d like to publicly thank him for his helpful contributions!
July 3rd Bug-Fixing Build
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to perform a weird animation at the start of the day in Mission Mode.
- Fixed problem with Ryuto’s hair texture that made a weird seam appear at the back of his head.
- Fixed bug that caused the Mission Mode menu scene to be overly saturated.
- Removed a column which was placed in a hallway as a test.
- Restored a character who had been disabled.