Recently, I’ve seen so many bugs that I couldn’t resist putting aside a couple of days to simply fix as many bug as possible. The result is this update, a bug-fixing build with twice as many bug fixes as usual, along with a few improvements!
…huh? You don’t get it? Well, you see, a few weeks ago, someone leaked the style guide for the upcoming live-action Sonic film, and it gave me a mental image that I found so amusing, I couldn’t resist making it into a reality. I hope it gives you a chuckle!
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to complete a Mission Mode mission that involved the “dispose of murder weapon” criteria, if the target was killed with a method other than a weapon.
- Fixed bug that prevented Student Council Members from entering the correct animations if they shoved Yandere-chan away while attempting to return a dropped weapon to the place they found it.
- Fixed bug that prevented characters from entering the correct animations if they witnessed murder or a corpse while attempting to return a dropped weapon to the place they found it.
- Fixed Mission Mode exploit that allowed the player to easily get away with isolating a student from other students by simply standing in their way and blocking their path.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for multiple students to pick up a single object (the object would teleport from one student’s hand to another student’s hand.)
- Fixed bug that would prevent Student portraits from displaying when viewing the Student Info menu through Info-chan’s “Purchase Student Info” service.
- Fixed bug that caused pathfinding errors if a student was alarmed while carrying a misplaced object back to its original location.
- Fixed bug that caused animation errors if the player killed a student who was carrying an object at the time they were killed.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from going into a death animation when attacked by Nemesis.
- Fixed bug that prevented your objectives from appearing on the Pause Screen during Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that prevented school atmosphere from being affected by Mission Mode difficulty level.
- Fixed bug that was causing male students to use female “pick item up from ground” animations.
- Fixed bug that caused Nemesis to spawn with a handkerchief in her hand.
Changes and Improvements
- The player can now find an ID card in the faculty room. If Yandere-chan carries this ID card with her while walking through a metal detector, the detector will ignore her. Perhaps, in the future, the process of obtaining and using this card will be more difficult. (For example, the player may have to go through more trouble to obtain the card, and locate a machine that activates the card or prints specific data on it before it can be used.)
- Changed the criteria that will make a student willing/unwilling to pick up an object. Students will now pick up most objects (as long as the object isn’t obviously dangerous).
- Students will no longer put misplaced objects back in their proper place if the student hasn’t even put their shoes on yet.
- A student who is carrying food will no longer pick up misplaced objects if they are in the process of handing out food.
- Students will now refuse to pick up misplaced objects if they are on their way to class.
- Added a new easter egg to the game! If you open the Easter Egg Menu, you’ll see a new addition to the list.
- (By the way, it’s worth mentioning something. Sometimes, I hide half-finished easter eggs in the game! A half-finished easter egg is purely cosmetic, and doesn’t have any sort of functionality. I don’t want you to waste any of your time trying to trigger a feature that isn’t in the game yet, so I’ll give you a tip: If an easter egg isn’t listed in the Easter Egg Menu, this means that it doesn’t have any functionality yet, and you’d be wasting your time if you tried to do anything with it. I hope that helps you!)
I’m still waiting for the necessary assets to implement a proper intro cutscene. While I’m waiting for those assets, I think I know what I’m going to do; there are a handful of features that I’ve wanted to put into the game for a really, really long time, and it would be super-satisfying to finally implement those features. I’m looking forward to it!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!