Recently, I’ve seen so many bugs that I couldn’t resist putting aside a couple of days to simply fix as many bug as possible. The result is this update, a bug-fixing build with twice as many bug fixes as usual, along with a few improvements!
To read a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll past this illustration that I requested from Budokas and MulberryArt!
…huh? You don’t get it? Well, you see, a few weeks ago, someone leaked the style guide for the upcoming live-action Sonic film, and it gave me a mental image that I found so amusing, I couldn’t resist making it into a reality. I hope it gives you a chuckle!
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to complete a Mission Mode mission that involved the “dispose of murder weapon” criteria, if the target was killed with a method other than a weapon.
- Fixed bug that prevented Student Council Members from entering the correct animations if they shoved Yandere-chan away while attempting to return a dropped weapon to the place they found it.
- Fixed bug that prevented characters from entering the correct animations if they witnessed murder or a corpse while attempting to return a dropped weapon to the place they found it.
- Fixed Mission Mode exploit that allowed the player to easily get away with isolating a student from other students by simply standing in their way and blocking their path.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for multiple students to pick up a single object (the object would teleport from one student’s hand to another student’s hand.)
- Fixed bug that would prevent Student portraits from displaying when viewing the Student Info menu through Info-chan’s “Purchase Student Info” service.
- Fixed bug that caused pathfinding errors if a student was alarmed while carrying a misplaced object back to its original location.
- Fixed bug that caused animation errors if the player killed a student who was carrying an object at the time they were killed.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from going into a death animation when attacked by Nemesis.
- Fixed bug that prevented your objectives from appearing on the Pause Screen during Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that prevented school atmosphere from being affected by Mission Mode difficulty level.
- Fixed bug that was causing male students to use female “pick item up from ground” animations.
- Fixed bug that caused Nemesis to spawn with a handkerchief in her hand.
Changes and Improvements
- The player can now find an ID card in the faculty room. If Yandere-chan carries this ID card with her while walking through a metal detector, the detector will ignore her. Perhaps, in the future, the process of obtaining and using this card will be more difficult. (For example, the player may have to go through more trouble to obtain the card, and locate a machine that activates the card or prints specific data on it before it can be used.)
- Changed the criteria that will make a student willing/unwilling to pick up an object. Students will now pick up most objects (as long as the object isn’t obviously dangerous).
- Students will no longer put misplaced objects back in their proper place if the student hasn’t even put their shoes on yet.
- A student who is carrying food will no longer pick up misplaced objects if they are in the process of handing out food.
- Students will now refuse to pick up misplaced objects if they are on their way to class.
- Added a new easter egg to the game! If you open the Easter Egg Menu, you’ll see a new addition to the list.
- (By the way, it’s worth mentioning something. Sometimes, I hide half-finished easter eggs in the game! A half-finished easter egg is purely cosmetic, and doesn’t have any sort of functionality. I don’t want you to waste any of your time trying to trigger a feature that isn’t in the game yet, so I’ll give you a tip: If an easter egg isn’t listed in the Easter Egg Menu, this means that it doesn’t have any functionality yet, and you’d be wasting your time if you tried to do anything with it. I hope that helps you!)
I’m still waiting for the necessary assets to implement a proper intro cutscene. While I’m waiting for those assets, I think I know what I’m going to do; there are a handful of features that I’ve wanted to put into the game for a really, really long time, and it would be super-satisfying to finally implement those features. I’m looking forward to it!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
109 thoughts on “March 17th Bug-Fixing Build”
I forgot the songs and vallite mode
for “tempest mode” ID purpose will play
vallite mode=”lost in thoughts all alone”
in vallite mode yan-chan will turn into Azura from fe fates, when she holds the staff, she can create water puddles what kill and when not holding the staff she can sing in the kidnapping room or anywhere in the school to tranquilize a student
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Certain Easter eggs are activated by pressing the F keys at the top of your keyboard but on my keyboard those keys do not work. Is there any alternative buttons to press or is it stuck like this?
oh well for my HP laptop i had too press “/” for it but if your looking for debug commands ive pushed the “|\” button
Amo este juego, felicidades sigue asi 🙂
Do the students follow various pools of blood?
It would be cool if they could then they might discover a body. It might depend on their persona. If it was a coward they would be too scared.
Yandere dev what if there is someone in the game that have feelings for senpai but he/she doesn’t have any chance with him (so he/she isn’t a rival) and he/she is a weirdo who stalk senpai just like yan-chan , yan-chan doesn’t like him/her leaning an eye on senpai so the player get the ability to end this by either killing him/her or keeping him around and tricking him/her to belive that yan-chan is going to help him/her to get senpai but it’s the other way around (after all i think he/she could be helpful somehow).
Good work once again Yandere Dev. But there are still other things that can better ‘refine’ the game and add to the experience. Maybe add more academic subjects and benefits to the school? Club mini games? More students to wander the halls at all times? Maybe populate the clubs a bit more instead of each having 5 members only? Improve how everyone walks to school? Give everyone book bags? Not to mention Osana.
Not all students have to stand in one place. Maybe the Basu sisters can wander the halls and talk while Oka stalks them? Maybe some students will periodically enter and leave the library to study? They can periodically go to the bathroom, mill around classrooms, and stand in certain hallway areas. Maybe some students have a tendency to get to school early while others arrive pretty late.
I’m waiting for female Senpai! >u<
I have three bugs.
1. If Yandere-Chan change her clothes to lab coat, karate suit and painter smock then kill someone and try to change her clothes she won’t be able to, because she can’t take a shower.
2. If Yan-Chan will buy a clean uniform from Info-Chan she will not be able to put it on when she is in the towel.
3. If Yan-Chan will steal keys to the shed and take out Jerry Can, teachers will send her to the Counselor.
Sorry for my bad English but I’m from Poland
Third should be something like this: When a teacher will see you with jerry can they will send you to the Counselor. My mistake, sorry
The uniform that you get from Info-chan it’s not for you, but you have to give it to Kokona. That’s why you can’t wear it.
No, you can give it to Kokona or put it on yourself when you were out of uniforms. Now you can’t because of the towel.
Imagine if there was a shrek easter egg
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
cant wait to see what you do
I can ‘t find transquilizier in infirmary.I’m rank 1 in biology and I played biology game in gaming club.But I cant find it.Where’s it?
It’s in the locked cabinet inside the Nurse’s Office. The only ways to obtain the tranquilizer is to buy it from Info-Chan, steal the cabinet keys and open the cabinet to collect it, or use headache poison on a student’s bento so they go to the Nurse’s Office. You have a short period of time to get the tranquilizer from the cabinet using this method. Hopefully this helps! 🙂