The previous build had a few embarrassing bugs in it, so I wanted to quickly get a new build out for you! I’d like to show you a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the current build, and I’d also like to tell you what kind of feature I’m currently working on…but first, let me ask you a question: Do you know what a “nengajo” is?
A “nengajo” is a type of postcard that Japanese people send to their friends and family on the first day of a new year. A Japanese fan of Yandere Simulator created a nengajo for me, and while we’re still relatively close to the start of a new year, I’d love to share it with you!
I’m so honored that a fan wished to create this for me! I appreciate it very, very much! Click here for a bigger version!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that made save files on the title screen turn pure white if the player deleted their save file while that save file had bloodstains on it.
- Fixed bug that would cause the new sewing student to permanently walk around holding clothing in his hand with a sewing sound effect playing.
- Fixed bug that allowed a student to be decapitated by the school gate while simultaneously being attacked by a mind-broken slave.
- It’s no longer possible to make a student distract another student who has not yet arrived at school (or leaving school).
- Fixed bug that would cause the lighting to dim if the player approached the incinerator area or the girls’ locker room.
- Fixed bug that would cause the framerate to take a massive nosedive after playing the Light Music Club minigame.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to obtain a head when dismembering a student who had been decapitated.
- Added some new props to the Sewing Room. (I may continue to edit or improve the room in the future.)
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to pick up the scissors in the Sewing club.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for a mind-broken slave to attack a dead student.
- It’s no longer possible to crawl while in Selfie Mode.
- Fixed typos in student profiles.
For a long time, certain features (like poisoning a student or drowning someone in a toilet bowl) were restricted exclusively to scripted events, like when Kokona puts down her bento on Wednesday afternoons, or when Kokona visits the restroom on Thursday mornings. This means that the entire game revolved around scripted events, and that the player needed to have advance knowledge of scripted events in order to access those features. Those events only existed for debugging purposes, but they represent the exact opposite of the game I want trying to make; I want to build a game where the player causes events to happen, rather than waits for events to happen.
If the player wants to drown someone in a toilet bowl, the player should be able to perform an action that causes a student to enter a bathroom stall. Any student should be “drownable”, not just Kokona during a very small window of time during a scripted event. That’s the sort of thing that I’m focusing on right now; giving the player more power over students’ routines and actions.
- There are now 4 types of poison in the game: Emetic, Lethal, Sedative, and Headache. (I want to find a better word to describe what the last one does…)
- At lunchtime, Toga Tabara eats a bento at the school cafeteria. If you distract him with a giggle, he will put his bento down and investigate the giggle. When he’s not looking at his bento, you can put any of the 4 types of poison into it.
- If Toga consumes emetic poison, he will go the bathroom and vomit. His appetite will be gone, so he will return to class early. (In a future update, you’ll be able to drown him in the toilet while he’s vomiting.)
- If Toga consumes lethal poison, he will die. (Big surprise!)
- If Toga consumes a sedative, he will become drowsy and go to the infirmary to nap. He’ll return to normal once it’s time to return to class.
- The “Headache” poison is for an upcoming feature. It currently serves no purpose whatsoever, but it’s going to be an important core gameplay mechanic in the near future – possibly as soon as the game’s next update!
Toga is the test subject / guinea pig for these status effects (like how Kokona was the test subject for murder methods). Once all of these effects are working perfectly on Toga, I will make it possible for the player to poison any other student’s meal, and then the player will be able to place any of the above effects on any student. This will be a major step in transforming Yandere Simulator into the type of game I’ve been envisioning. Hopefully, this feature will be working properly within the next few days.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
103 thoughts on “January 17th Bug-Fixing Build”
What if you can add a action where at lunch, yandere Chan can go eat in the cafeteria or rooftop or you can add an action where you can be able to befriend Osama when she gets in the game.
Osana has a task, and the idea of yan-chan eating at a cafeteria sounds useless for me
plzz can yell me all steps to get this game
lol are you on a computer? if so, just go to the yandere sim website and there will be a download thing at the top
osama bin laden
and you can befriend osana with a task.
How do you comment!?
It’s great to see the progress your making! I can’t wait to see what you will add next. Have you considered adding an option to kill Info-chan if Ayano feels she is getting in the way? Will we be eventually able to kill The Head Master?
Can you help me? I need help getting the “Drops” menu do you know what key I press?
Love seeing the progress made, selfie mode is fun and a strategic way to take pictures, it’d be cool if you could do different poses in selfie mode as well. All in all, some really neat stuff this past week. Like where this is going.
where i can download it??
plzz can yell me all steps to get this game
in the download tab if your on a laptop you can press download open the download driver press start and wait
when will you put the next head master tape in the head master’s butthole ?
the poison called headache could be called · vex poison or · neuralgia poison ( both being a synonym for headache ) I don’t know just some thoughts 🙂
Would you be able to make it possible to kill the Headmaster with one Easter egg, no matter which one it is?
Can you make it to where the counselor can go out of her office and walk around? If so,can you make it to where we can kill her? Thank you!I’m such a big fan!!
Heya yan dev I like the progress of the game but i think you should start working a little more since a lot of your fans are starting to dislike you I mean I do enjoy the game but it doesn’t seem to have the potential it had years ago i think you should start saving the money you can to hire a professional programmer so you could say what the other workers should do anyways I like the progress you made with the game i hope you can release it soon! ^-^
I like the Chinese Zodiac pig in the corner. Tiny details like that are a sign they’ve put a lot of work into it.
Also, you should call the headache poison a “Nitrate,” unless you already have a name. Taking too much of those will give you a killer migraine headache because they lower blood pressure to treat hypertension, and if your blood pressure drops too low, you’re going to be reeling from it for quite some time.
Are we going to be able to throw a dead body in the dumpster from the roof?
Me and my friend were playing on the new build but we couldn’t find the Mind slave..Can someone tell us where she is?
She should be hidden next to some of bushes that are next the gate.
Hello yan Dev! You are doing amazing work! I have a request about the new “bentos”. Maybe yan-chan could use the headache poison so then when she poisons someone, there headache is so bad, they don’t pay attention to murder, ore maybe if that is is too powerfull, maybe it would decrease the students range of sight/sight cone. Btw, you are the best developer! Don’t worry what other people are telling you! You are the best!!!
-from all of us
Fill up with
DETERMINATION! (see what I done there?)
YandereDev, I found a bug:The Senpai portrait in the Shrine is messed up and at school, the Senpai is somehow turned into Saki Miyu…
Hello Yandere dev. I have questions for the end of the game.
– Will you add places (eg the Japanese garden)?
– Will you add characters like you did with the last update?
– For animations with Osana, where do you get them?
Seria muito bom se em Yandere Simulator tivesse um personagem com uma paixão pela Ayano, talvez ele possa até seguir ela durante certos horarios (O que seria um bom obstaculo e talvez uma boa arma ), ele poderia também fazer favores para a Ayano mesmo que ela não tenha pontos altos de popularidade ou sedução e talvez faça até coisas mais importantes ( Talvez até ajudasse para eliminar as rivais de algum jeito ). Não sei, essa foi apenas uma ideia. Amo muito esse jogo e estou animada para ver como ele vai ficar
can you please add:
-Make the consular able to walk around
-Make us able to slap people
-Name the headache poison name vex poison
-add more details around the school: like flowers SO the school can feel ALIVE!
-and one day you should make us able to sneak into senpai house. Jk
That’s it I LOVE THIS GAME
Yan Dev is taking his time with this new build, i’m expecting something really fun out of the new build!
What the gym teacher is in the game ? I mean, she is just here for be a difficulty for Yandere-Chan at the entrance of the school and in the faculty room. But is she going to teach gym to students in the school ? And I think it’s weird to be at the entrance of the school after all the students are in the school. She just look in this moment… Nothing !! Did she is going to have a routine near the entrance of the school ? Did she is going to teach gym to the students ? I know the game is not finished… Well it’s all I have to say. I love this game !!
so I recently joined the game and I have one request; put more landmarks in the school halls. the school hallways are confusing and constantly getting lost is not fun for a new player, so I was thinking you could put unique objects in each hall so that the player can identify where they are more easily, and possibly unique decoration in the stairwell. it would make the school feel more alive and would make the game easier to navigate. the different things that the art club sketches is a really good step in that direction and I hope you add more things like that.
yay! i love to see how youre getting on!
i found a bug/glitch in mission mode you’re able to turn into ship girl and magical girl pretty miyuki
awesome cant wait till jay aka kubzscouts does it
Hi Yandev would like to ask a few questions, please answer!
1-Will Yan-Chan’s parents or their mother be influential in the story of the final game?
2-At some point in the final game Yandere-Chan discovered that his mother was also a yandere?
hey, there haven’t been any updates for so long, maybe something great! I’m pretty sure of that~
YANDEREDEV YANDEREDEV IS HAPPY FEBRUARY!
hey i have a bug with pose mode…when i go in the 20s of hairstyles on a student they disappear. i try to change the hairstyle but its stuck on 20 and moving them the pink thing is stuck so i can’t place them.
I was just wondering when your going to upload the next build?