New build! Here’s a brief overview of what’s new:
- Selfie Mode
- School gate murder method
- New area at school
- New animations for dumbbell weapon
- Ability to wield a fire extinguisher as a weapon
- Four new characters
- One new task
To read a more elaborate list of everything that is new / changed / different in the latest build, please scroll down past this amazing artwork of Yandere-chan fighting a giant Titan version of Megami, created by MulberryArt!
You can find a larger version at the Wallpapers page of the official website!
Changes and Additions
- When aiming Yandere-chan’s camera, you can now switch to a “selfie” camera angle. The selfie angle allows you to be more discreet when taking a photo, because bystanders will assume that you’re taking a photo of yourself, rather than their face or their panties. In the selfie angle, your goal is to take a photograph of something to the side of Yandere-chan, rather than directly in the center of the screen. You can press a button to activate a little guide that shows you where your target should be located on the screen.
- It is now possible to open/close the school gate by pressing a button near the spot where the gym teacher stands in the morning. You cannot press the button if the gym teacher is nearby.
- Added a Japanese-style garden area nearby the incinerator area. It’s an experiment, and I might decide to resize it / redesign it / move it elsewhere in the future.
- When pushing/pulling the dumpster, it is now possible to use the arrow keys in addition to the WASD keys or control stick.
- Dumbbells now have unique combat animations, instead of re-using the baseball bat animation set.
- From now on, whenever Yandere-chan performs a Task for a student, her reputation will increase.
- Added new attack animations for the dumbbells. (Current sound effects are placeholder.)
- Adjusted the appearance of the cafeteria area. (It has to do with an upcoming feature!)
- Yandere-chan can now pick up fire extinguishers and use them as weapons.
- Added “Now Loading” text when reloading a mission in Mission Mode.
- Added a couple of new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added 4 new characters to the game! All of them are male students who are not members of any club.
- Two of the new characters are currently very basic; I have meaningful utilities planned for them, but at this current point in time, there is nothing special about them.
- One of the new characters has a task. If you complete his task, he will provide you with one spare uniform per day.
- One of the new characters trips and falls at the entrance of the school. When he falls, his head lands right where the school gate is. If you time it properly, you can squash his head by pushing the button that closes the gate right before he trips and falls. (This feature is practically an easter egg, so perfect timing is required! It may be a rival elimination method in the future…)
- Fixed bug that would cause Martial Arts students to glitch out if a Cooking Club member handed them food *after* the player had opened the “choose your sparring partner” window.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be stuck in a dragging/carrying corpse animation if she was dragging/carrying a corpse when the police arrived.
- Fixed bug that would cause some of a student’s accessories to turn invisible when viewed through the “Witness Camera” after a character witnessed murder.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to perform a club activity on the gym stage even if a memorial service was currently occupying the stage.
- Fixed bug that could cause the wrong button prompt to appear above a student’s head after they were fed by a member of the Cooking Club.
- Fixed bug that caused females students to hold their phones at really weird angles when waiting for club activities to begin.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to position her hands incorrectly if she was laughing while carrying clothing.
- Fixed bug that caused the bullies’ bodies to turn invisible at certain camera angles when they were sunbathing.
- Fixed bug that would cause Miyuji to make air guitar noises in situations where she shouldn’t be doing that.
- Fixed bug that caused gardening club girls to glitch out when appearing in Yandere-chan’s basement.
- Fixed bug that prevented Kokona from showing signs of attraction towards boys with glasses.
- Fixed bug that would cause Nemesis to spawn with a Cooking Club accessory on her head.
- Fixed bug that prevented an outline from appearing around Yandere-chan in Ebola Mode.
- Fixed bug that made Riku’s eyes turn grey if he was told to change his hairstyle.
At the time that I uploaded this build, I was actually halfway finished implementing the next big feature, a core gameplay mechanic, but I didn’t want to delay the build, so I paused development of that feature. Now that the build is out, I’m super-excited to get back to work on that feature!
Uh Zyhiyno 17dr, 2009, E cdnaysat y jetau kysa vun dra vencd desa. Ed lusbmadamo lryhkat so meva; uhla E aqbaneahlat dra drnemm uv bmyoehk jetau kysac frema ehdanyldehk fedr y pek yiteahla, E teth’d fyhd du tu yhodrehk amca! Vun y baneut uv cajanym oaync, E cdnaysat ajano tyo, iciymmo vun 12 ruinc cdnyekrd!
Ajano oayn, tinehk dra suhdr uv Zyhiyno, E dyga dfu tyoc uvv vnus fung du lamapnyda dra yhhejancyno uv dra vencd desa E ajan cdnaysat y jetau kysa po nabmyoehk dra vencd dfu kysac E ajan cdnaysat. Uh Zyhiyno 17dr, E bmyo Nacetahd Ajem 4, yht uh Zyhiyno 19dr, E bmyo Socdelym Hehzy Cdynnehk Kuasuh.
Ev oui’t mega du zueh sa, oui lyh veht sa yd dfedlr.dj/oyhtanataj , cdyndehk yd 12:00 huuh eh dra BCD desawuha. Ajah ev oui uhmo bub eh vun y vaf sehidac zicd du cyo rammu, E fuimt pa jano rybbo du caa oui drana!