Sorry for the delay! The new build and video are finally ready!
For a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, click “Continue Reading” below!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Reverted Horuda’s skirt back to being a short skirt, because the code used to lengthen her skirt created too many unfortunate side-effects. (It would be better to create a new character model designed to have a variable skirt, rather than use workarounds to manually lengthen the skirt of a model that wasn’t designed to support that kind of functionality.)
- The “empty husk” in the Art Club has been replaced by the Art Club’s leader, Geiju. (The player can interact with him, and he has voiced lines, but he will not react to murder or anything like that, so he’s not very different from an “empty husk” at this point.)
- Fixed bug that could make it impossible for a character to notice a murder / corpse in the middle of the occult clubroom because of an invisible collision sphere in that room.
- Fixed bug that would cause certain students to fail to obey the “Go Away” command if they were patrolling between a set of points at the time they were told to go away.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Student Council member to take food from the player even if the Student Council member was verbally declining the food offered to them.
- Fixed bug that would cause students’ shoe lockers to remain open if the player went to class while students were in the process of changing shoes at their lockers.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game’s background music to continue playing during a Game Over screen if the player got a Game Over from a Phone Addict student.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona and Riku to become trapped outside of the school if the player went to class before they walked through the school gate.
- Killing a student with a blunt object stealth attack (neck snap) will no longer cause the student to spawn blood pools (since there is no open wound).
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to purchase things from Info-chan multiple times, even when those things were meant to only be available one time.
- Yandere-chan now plays new animations when she’s around Senpai. Her animations will get progressively creepier the more time she spends around him.
- Covered up the little gaps on the rooftop that would allow you to look down into the rooms underneath the rooftop (and a few other gaps too).
- The Student Council will no longer react to footsteps when Pose Mode is active, since it interferes with the player’s ability to pose them.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Phone Addict’s phone to disappear if the player distracted them with a giggle and then aimed a phone at them.
- The player will no longer hear sound effects (such as the incinerator burning something) when the end-of-day text is displaying onscreen.
- Fixed bug that would cause kidnapping text to be invisible if it was displayed after reporting Kokona to the guidance counselor.
- The panties that you choose while in Yandere-chan’s room will now actually appear on her character model when at school.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s hands to linger onscreen when she was taking a photo with her smartphone.
- There are now 5 “ambient conversations” that occur at school between male students – one for each day of the week.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to report Kokona to the guidance counselor even if she was not present at school.
- Fixed bug that would cause grafitti on a student’s desk to turn invisible if the player aimed their camera at it.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to be labeled as “late” for her 2nd class if she was late for her 1st class.
- The mouse cursor is no longer hidden when entering a Mission ID into the Load Mission screen in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause Student Council members to run to the school fountain after discovering a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to teleport around school if the player arrived at school an hour late.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona / Riku to fly up into the air during their love confession cutscene.
- The little blood-cleaning robot in the Science Club now has an outline when Yandere Vision is active.
- Fixed bug that would cause a valid Mission ID to be labeled as invalid in the “Load Mission” screen.
- A character whose family member has died will now have a depressed walk / depressed idle animation.
- Fixed bug that would make it impossible to select the bullies as targets in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to talk to bullies in the middle of a bullying event.
- Fixed bug that caused blood to appear on students who were apprehending Yandere-chan.
- Added the ability to decorate Yandere-chan’s corkboard at home with red strings.
- Fixed bug that was failing to deactivate “trespass zones” after classes ended.
- It is now possible for randomly-generated students to be Phone Addicts.
- Pippi and Ryuto now have the Phone Addict Persona.
- Made Yandere-chan’s Miku hair more floaty.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Populated the Art Club with props.
- Added a Kill La Kill easter egg. It’s pretty basic for now, but maybe one day I’ll give it more depth. The Kamui was designed by SKY-Lia!
Whew, that’s a lot of changes!
For a little while longer, I’m going to continue working on features that have been waiting months or years to be implemented. Afterwards, I’ll get back to implementing new characters and the handful of core mechanics that are still missing from the game.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!