After many months of minor updates, I think I’ve finally got a build that constitutes a “major update”! But, before I write out a list of everything that is new and different in the latest build, I’d like to share my most recent video with you.
This video covers three subjects:
- Clarifying two statements I made in January of 2016
- Revisiting the subject of re-naming the game to “LoveSick”
- Proposing alternate ways to earn favors from Info-chan, besides panty shots
Please check it out:
“LoveSick Mode” and the ability to plant bugs around school are not the only additions to the latest build; there’s much more! Please click “Continue reading” to see what I’ve managed to accomplish.
For a long time, many people have informed me that it’s impossible to completely remove all traces of blood from a crime scene unless you’re using special cleaning chemicals. Because this is one of the most popular suggestions, I decided to implement it and see if it’s a significant improvement to gameplay.
In short, I’ve added bottles of bleach to the game, and you will now have to pour a bottle of bleach into a bucket of water and dip a mop into that water before you can begin sweeping the floor with that mop.
First Step Toward Unique Eye Shapes
I’m sure you’ve noticed this by now, but all of the female characters in Yandere Simulator have the same face. If it was easy to give everyone a unique face, I would have done it years ago – but there are complications that make it quite difficult to do so, and so I haven’t spent any time trying to rectify the matter…until now.
I recently tried out an experiment to see if it was a valid way to give a character a different face – and it worked! Mai Waifu is now the first character to have a face that is unique from the rest of the cast. Here’s a before-and-after animation:
This is really exciting for me, since it’s first step towards achieving my dream of making sure that every rival has a unique and distinct face! Actually, now that I have “face-changing tech”, I could theoretically give every character a unique face…but it’s not my highest priority right now, so it will probably have to wait.
New Lines For Senpai
When Senpai notices Yandere-chan acting creepy in his general vicinity, he comments on her behavior. I’ve heard a lot of people tell me that Senpai’s remarks make him sound rude and unfriendly. After hearing this feedback from a lot of people over a long period of time, I decided that it would ultimately be a good idea to give him some new voiced lines. In the latest build, you’ll hear much different remarks from Senpai when he spots Yandere-chan being a weirdo.
His new lines were designed to make him sound like a friendly person who is concerned/worried about Yandere-chan, but also becoming scared of her. I hope that these new lines make Senpai a bit more likeable!
Reactions from Male Students
In January of 2016, I programmed female characters to react when Yandere-chan pointed a camera at them…but I never programmed male characters to do the same thing, since I lacked the animations. Over the past week, I finally received “camera react” animations for male students – and now, you can see male students react when Yandere-chan aims a camera at them!
Additionally, all female camera reaction animations have been updated to be much smoother. I hope you think they’re a big improvement!
I covered all of the details in the video at the top of this blog post, so I won’t say much about it here, but you can now choose to play a “dark and serious” version of the game, if you’re not satisfied with the game’s current look-and-feel, or if you just want to try something new to spice things up a bit.
I hope you enjoy it!
In terms of gameplay functionality, it’s extremely simple and bare-bones, but this is something that a lot of people have been waiting for for a long time; an alternative to taking panty shots. The player can now plant covert listening devices in pre-determined spots in order to help Info-chan gather secrets and blackmail. I hope to greatly expand upon this feature in the future!
If you tally up all of the changes in this build, there are 30 changes in total; that might be the most changes in any one build of the game! I’ll separate the changes into two categories; gameplay-related, and student-related.
Gameplay-related Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Added Bleach to the game. You can pour bleach into a bucket full of water. To clean a surface with a mop, you will first have to dip the mop into a bucket with bleached water.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Yandere-chan from being able to speak to a student after giving them the command to distract another student, and then splashing them with water.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the push-student-off-roof animation from playing if a witness screamed as the victim was being pushed off the roof.
- Fixed bug that would cause the ritual knife’s fire effect to activate when stabbing someone with the knife after talking to the Pain Demon.
- Fixed bug that was causing half of a girl’s collarbone to turn black if the player tried to give her black stockings.
- Open the “Settings” menu and press the “R” key to activate an experimental “Rim Light” effect on all the characters.
- Changed the button interface for the Photo Gallery in Yandere-chan’s smartphone and also for her corkboard at home.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to use the “Offer Help” command while she was covered in blood or insane.
- Fixed bug that was preventing girls’ stockings from showing up properly on certain school uniforms.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to get a student locked in the “noticing loud radio” state.
- Added the first-draft version of “LoveSick Mode”, a more “dark and serious” version of the game.
- Fixed bug that was allowing the player to clip into the doorways at the entrance of the school.
- Students no longer emit “speech visual effects” when a camera is pointed at their faces.
- Restored Kokona’s Wednesday bathroom event (a bug was preventing it from activating).
- Changed the way that Info-chan is lit in the Mission Mode scene.
- Removed redundant button prompts from the Pass Time screen.
- Fixed bugs with the “pouring bucket of water” animations.
- Replaced the old “Hatred Mode” hairstyle with a new one.
- Restored blood pools back to their previous appearance.
- Added the Yakuza to the website’s Characters page.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
Changes related to students and student behavior
- Mai Waifu will now spawn with eyes that are shaped differently from the rest of the cast. (This only works when she is wearing the default school uniform.)
- Students will now attack you if they see you holding the decapitated head of a loved one.
- Senpai will now speak much different lines when Yandere-chan is creeping him out.
- Male students will now react when Yandere-chan aims a camera at their faces.
- Mei Mio and Ryusei Koki are now the game’s only “Teacher’s Pet” students.
- Ryuto’s profile now contains a little more information about him.
- All “camera reaction” animations are now much smoother.
- Four of the “Rainbow Boys” are now Social Butterflies.
- Haruto Yuto now has an “Evil” personality.
- Mei Mio and Ryusei Koki now wear glasses.
Fanbook For Sale
There is one last thing I’d like to mention. A photographer named ZeroSerenity, working together with LiryuCosplay, has created a Yandere Simulator “Fanbook” – it’s 400+ photographs of Liryu cosplaying as Yandere-chan! If you’d like to buy it, it’s available at ZeroSerenity’s online store!
I’m going to get back to work on Osana, of course! I’m very happy with the speed of my most recent progress; I finished implementing her Thursday event a few days ago! Now, all that remains is her Friday event, and then I can implement her confession cutscene! I’m very excited about this!