The second half of my January Osana Progress Report is finally ready! Please check it out below!
As promised, a new build of the game is now available. Here’s a full list of everything that is new or different in the latest build:
- There are now “fake Gardening Club members” walking around in the Gardening Club. They don’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pick-pocketing.
- The Gardening Club shed is now locked, unless the player pickpockets the Gardening Club Leader or joins the Gardening Club.
- It is possible to pickpocket the leader of the gardening Club to get a key that unlocks the shed.
- The textures / objects in the Gardening Club have been changed slightly.
- There is now rat poison in the Gardening Club’s shed.
- The hair of the “fake Gardening Club members” was modeled by Qvajangel! Thanks, Qva!
- The nurse now walks around the infirmary, but doesn’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pickpocketing.
- There is now a bottle of emetic medicine in a locked cabinet in the infirmary.
- It is possible to pickpocket the nurse to get a key that unlocks the cabinet.
- Added a control panel to the metal detectors so that it’s easier for the player to tell where to use the screwdriver.
- Fixed bug that would cause low-detail students to remain low-detail even when the camera was very close to them.
- Fixed bug that would cause a blank text message to appear when sending Info-chan a picture of Nemesis’ panties.
- Added the ability to censor panties in Mission Mode by tapping the key that normally summons the Debug Menu.
- Added some polish to the Mission Mode game over screen (new sounds, more legible text, fixed typos, etc).
- Added sound effects for the security cameras and for shutting down the metal detectors in Mission Mode.
- Replaced the grass texture. The new texture is a placeholder. A better grass texture is coming soon.
- Adjusted the size of the square-shaped selection highlight in the Student Info screen.
- Changed the appearance of the visual effects for all fountains in the school.
- The player can now order “Lethal Poison” or “Emetic Poison” from Info-chan.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Info-chan’s “Services” menu from opening.
- Moved Inkyu and Sakyu to a new location during lunchtime.
- Added a sound effect for the security camera.
- Added a sound effect for the metal detector.
- Changed the dates in the Calendar screen.
I’ve been heavily considering making a follow-up video to “Yandere Simulator: Past, Present, and Future” where I discuss more about the origins of the game, what I am prioritizing, and what I predict I’ll be able to accomplish in 2017.
In 2015, I brought up the subject of adding a small town to the game…and then never addressed the topic again. In 2016, I brought up the subject of re-naming the game…and then never addressed the topic again. There were also several other subjects that were never given closure. I’d really like to make a video that addresses the lingering loose ends of 2015 and 2016.
In January of last year, Yandere Simulator was banned from Twitch.tv. On the anniversary of Yandere Simulator’s ban, I plan to release a follow-up video explaining what I’ve done to investigate the issue, why I believe the game was banned, and whether or not the game has any chance of getting unbanned.
Making any of these videos would take up a day or two that could otherwise have been spent on Osana. But, if Osana is two months away, then it doesn’t really seem like a big deal to spend a few days making videos that address important subjects. I do feel guilty whenever I do anything that isn’t directly related to Osana, though. Hmm…it’s a tough call to make.
I wonder – if there was a poll about this subject, which option would you vote for?