I’ve got a new build to share with you! Click here to download it!
Curious what’s new in this build? This video will help you out:
Sending a girl into depression over the death of her sister…a 37-second long murder-suicide animation…and even dead kittens! Wow, this might be the darkest video I’ve ever made!
Here’s a very long list of all the changes in this build:
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause students to halt their daily routine after having a conversation with Yandere-chan, if the student was investigating a sound before Yandere-chan began speaking to them.
- Fixed bug that would cause students’ textures to turn white when they changed their shoes, if the player had attended class extremely early in the morning (before all students had finished spawning).
- Fixed bug that would cause students to move around while in the middle of a conversation with Yandere-chan, if the student was investigating a sound before Yandere-chan began speaking to them.
- Fixed bug that would cause giggling nearby a student to interfere with that student’s “change shoes” animation, if the student heard the giggle before they entered school.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona’s “talking on phone” event to behave improperly if the player took out their phone and snapped a picture of Kokona during the event.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to stand in front of their locker indefinitely if they were interrupted on their way to their locker before entering the school.
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to drop 10 FPS every time the player moved the protagonist or the camera.
- Fixed bug that caused students to fail to investigate giggles before walking through the school entrance.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers’ pets to perform a running animation even when they were not moving.
- Fixed bug that would make the laptop girl’s speech audible even outside of the Student Council room.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to gossip with a specific student more than once per day.
- Fixed the two fire extinguisher signs in the school that were pointing in the wrong direction.
- Fixed bug that would cause the prompt bar to appear on screenshots taken with the cell phone.
- Attempted to fix the bug that would cause students’ eyes to point in opposite directions.
- (Hopefully,) FINALLY FIXED THAT STUPID BUG THAT WOULD MAKE TEACHERS FLOAT ABOVE CORPSES!
Additions / Changes / Improvements
- If you kill one Basu sister but let the other live, the surviving sister will perform a mourning animation on the school rooftop instead of performing the normal “social butterfly” animation set.
- If two NPCs have a special relationship (lovers, family members) and you kill one of those NPCs in front of the other, the surviving NPC will attack you like a Heroic student would.
- Mind-broken slaves will now spawn to the right of the school gate, behind some bushes, to provide an explanation as to why the gym teacher and other students don’t notice them.
- Optimized numerous scripts in an attempt to improve the framerate. (Does anyone feel like doing a comparison with the last build?)
- Now, whenever the player walks by a room, the name of the room will display in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Students now have lockers at different heights, instead of all having their lockers at the exact same height.
- Gave the player the ability to use a shovel to dig a hole in any of the 9 plots in the Gardening Club.
- Oka Ruto will no longer go to the rooftop to spy on the Basu sisters if the Basu sisters are dead.
- Replaced the old Senpai Shrine model with a new one, and added more items to the Senpai Shrine.
- Gave the player the ability to fill up a hole that has been dug in the Gardening Club.
- Replaced the voiced lines in Saki and Kokona’s Monday rooftop conversation.
- Implemented a much better “peek around corner” animation for Oka Ruto.
- Gave the player the ability to bury a corpse in the Gardening Club.
- Implemented a better walk animation for mind-broken slaves.
- Added 1 new accessory and 1 new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Implemented 9 garden plots inside of the Gardening Club.
- Implemented a new murder-suicide animation.
- Updated the nurse’s character model.
- Improved Ebola-chan’s face texture.
There are several things I’m looking forward to:
- Adding the Matchmaking elimination method.
- Implement sanity-based killing animations, now that I have all the animations I need.
- Allow the player to fight back against teachers, and kill them.
- Work on the “Rival Introduction” video so I can introduce all of rival girls who will be trying to steal Senpai’s heart,
- Take a day off to create a short, humorous video just for fun.
Realistically, I’ll probably create the short video first, then release a “combat” update that revolves around sanity-based killing animations and fighting back against teachers. The next thing I’ll do after that will be the rival introduction video, and then I’ll get to work on the Matchmaking elimination method.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!