Edit: Aw shucks, the executable was named incorrectly in the latest build, so the game wouldn’t run. I’ve uploaded another new build with the executable name fixed.
Somehow, I was completely unaware of several extremely severe bugs that were inside of the last few builds! Yikes! I’ve decided to release another bug-fixing build that should smooth things out.
Scroll down past this jaw-droppingly beautiful illustration by Vlad Bacescu to see a list of everything that I fixed, changed, or added in the new build!
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to act as though she had been doused with water if the player was pointing a camera at her while she was standing at her locker during the point in time when her “go to locker room” event was supposed to trigger.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to freeze in place and never move again if the player was pointing a camera at her during the point in time when her “go to locker room” event was supposed to trigger.
- Fixed bug that would cause a giant circular shadow to slowly move across the school rooftop from 12:20 PM to 12:50 PM. (Nobody will EVER guess what was causing this bug to occur…)
- (Hopefully) fixed bug that would prevent the Yandere-chan from being able to ask NPCs to follow her if she had killed one of her previous followers without being witnessed.
- Yandere-chan will now drop anything she is holding in her hands when the player chooses to prepare food, bathe, or change clothes.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Guidance Counselor to scold Kokona even if she was dead.
- Fixed texture bugs that would occur if the player created a bald Senpai.
- Students will now react to the sight of Yandere-chan carrying a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from tranquilizing students.
- Added a new easter egg.
“What? A new easter egg? YandereDev, you baka! Stop spending time on easter eggs!”
Chill, it only took me an hour to add to the game. Besides, this easter egg is something I publicly promised to implement in 2014. Everyone else has probably forgotten about that promise by now, but I didn’t forget! I’m a man of my word! It took me 2 years, but I finally kept my promise.
I think that the latest build can finally be called “stable”. I’m aware that there are still bugs in the game, but at this stage of development, I’m only interested in fixing “critical” bugs – bugs that make it impossible to play the game. Eventually I’ll make sure the game is 100% bug-free, but at this point in time, it’s more important to focus on implementing the core gameplay mechanics and adding the game’s most important content.
I’m not sure whether I’ll use the next 11 days to add a bunch of small additions or one huge addition. Either way, I hope you’ll enjoy what I add to the game next!