Happy 2022, everyone!
Sorry for the lack of blog posts over the past two weeks; I’ve been incredibly busy with something IRL, completely unrelated to the Internet or game development. If you’re curious to hear the details, I plan to elaborate about it in a Patreon post in the near future – later today, if possible. Fortunately, I should have much more time to get work done in January as opposed to December, so my productivity should return to normal levels this month.
The first day of a new year seems like a pretty good time to write up a summary of where we’re currently at in the game’s development, what I’m currently working on, and what I plan to focus on next. I’ll make sure to elaborate about that in my upcoming Patreon post.
In other news, I’ve prepared a big update for you today! To see a list of everything that is new, fixed, or different in the latest build, scroll down past this absolutely beautiful artwork by Naho Natsumaki!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- It is now possible to perform certain actions by tapping the relevant button instead of holding it until a circle fills up. Currently, the only two actions that this applies to are throwing stink bombs and opening/closing doors. This will be tested on other interactive objects, as well, to see if it’s feasible to upgrade other objects in this way without interfering with the functionality of the object.
- Upon picking up a key that was dropped by a dead student, their key ring will now disappear and a message will appear at the top of the screen confirming that the player has obtained a key. This change was made to prevent players from becoming confused and unsure whether or not they picked up the key or not.
- Typing “d e b u g” during school gameplay will now make it possible for the player to use the skull in the occult room to travel to the demon realm (as long as they have stained the ritual knife with blood, of course).
- Updated the hair texture for the “Huntress” easter egg. (It is the most outdated easter egg and should probably be removed or re-designed, but it’s too low priority to justify spending much time on it right now.)
- Changed Ryoba’s line of dialogue for apologizing to students for carrying a weapon while splattered with blood. (The previous line of dialogue was identical to the line Ayano says, which references the Internet.)
- Once you have put a weapon inside of a bag and are wearing the bag on your back, you can now pull out the weapon and equip it with one button press, instead of having to drop the bag just to pull out the weapon.
- School atmosphere penalties have been adjusted. If a student disappears, School Atmosphere will drop by 10%. If a student’s corpse is discovered at school, School Atmosphere will drop by a further 10%.
- Teachers will no longer react to the sight of Yandere-chan throwing a stink bomb when they are guarding a corpse (they are not concerned about petty misbehavior when deaths are occurring at school.)
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from acknowledging that the player possessed lethal poison in their inventory, preventing the player from putting lethal poison into a rival’s bento.
- Any student guarding a corpse will no longer react to stink bombs (they can put up with a smell for a few moments if they are busy with the important duty of guarding a dead body).
- Fixed bug that caused “bully graffiti” to appear on Musume’s desk when the player advanced time from classtime to lunchtime, even if Musume had not been targeted for bullying.
- Adjusted the year that the game takes place; Ayano’s story is now set in 2023. The timeline at the end of the 1980s Mode bonus cutscene has been adjusted accordingly.
- The light switch in the 3rd-floor east girls restroom is meant to be broken in 202X. Due to a bug, the light switch was actually functional. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to shoot magic energy in the Miyuki AR game even if time was frozen and a text message from Info-chan was onscreen.
- Fixed bug that prevented Ayano’s new hairstyle from showing up as an option when customizing a female student using Pose Mode.
- The “HairTemplate.png” texture in the Streaming Assets folder has been replaced with the new hair texture for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed the “upon completing delinquent’s task, game doesn’t allow you to exit conversation with delinquent” bug.
- A corpse wrapped in garbage bags will now have an orange outline around it when viewed in Yandere Vision.
- It is no longer possible to enter SNAP Mode while an easter egg is active, because this would cause bugs.
- Adjusted the hair models and textures of the 202X Photography Club (except for the club leader Fureddo).
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to summon the 1980s Mode “Stats” screen in the 202X calendar screen.
- Subtly adjusted / improved the hair models for some of the male and female students in 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that caused the shape of Ryoba’s face to change when wearing a towel in the locker room.
- Updated the portraits for some of the 202X characters (Raibaru, Osana, faculty members).
- The act of carrying a candle throughout school is now considered suspicious behavior.
- Any suitor who sees you attack a rival will now attempt to apprehend you.
- Fixed incorrect text for Info-chan’s “Decapitate Osana” Scheme.
- Fixed broken textures on the floor of the school locker room.
102 thoughts on “Happy New Year!”
Yandere dev i wanted to ask if you ever thought about the succubus ritual because i’ve been curious for a while now and i was kinda sad when i figured there wasn’t a ritual yet.
I like the stockings you gave to Dafuni. Will u consider giving other characters stockings or colored socks? I think Kokona and Saki should get the colored socks to be like the other rainbow girls in the past.
am i the only one who cant download the new update of the game because it says that my ip doesnt support that version?
Use an alternate download link https://yanderedev.wordpress.com/downloads/
Hello Yandere Dev I have some suggestions for changes that could be made in the future in Yandere Simulator, when Ayano or Ryoba get nervous when they approach Senpai the people around them will look strange to Ayano and Ryoba and that will cause them to lose reputation points Like Senpai, when Senpai sees Ayano or Ryoba’s weird behavior, they will also lose reputation points.
Hi YanDev! So, recently, I was going through your old videos, and in the one where you introduced framing someone to the game, you mentioned how, basically, if the school was at low atmosphere, you could bring it back up by framing someone so the population of the school would think that the killer was arrested. I tried this by eliminating the four actually mean Gyauru Girls (AKA The Bullies), letting their c0rpses be found, and that brought the atmosphere down to 20%. Then, I framed Osana for k!lling Uekiya (The Gardening club leader), but the atmosphere didn’t go back up. In fact, it dropped to 5%. I think it’d be really cool if the atmosphere actually went back up when someone was framed, like you said in the old video. It’s obviously not super high priority, just a suggestion! Happy new year btw!
I’ll make sure that feature is in the next build! Please test for it and let me know if it’s not working properly.
Hey Yandere Dev, this YouTuber is amazing! she deserves a doll 🙂
There is a glitch in Drippy’s latest video that shows info chan’s name (Mao Ito),and there are rumors that she is the Journalist’s daughter.
Sounds like a mod. I’ve never written Info-chan’s name in the game.
Did anyone ever get this garbage bag bug? (lol)
I k1lled Daisaku (student council) in the 3rd floor art room, and conceal the body with garbage bag. However, Eiko (occult club) found his dead, concealed body and ran away. But it’s only her tho, the rest of the occult club seems unbothered 😂
Happy New Year Yandere Dev!
Hello. Can we expect the opportunity to join the Student Council in your game soon? If it doesn’t happen soon, can you tell us the approximate time when this feature will be added?
hey Yandere Dev ! I found a lot of bug in the game !
– When komako (Ryoba’s 8th rival) threatening about Ryoba killed someone, her face still smiling when Ryoba talk to her (Demo picture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CQHBTBG6jVvrbExy5)
– Some of the computer will appear a blue screen (Remember turn on the VHS filter) and freeze when i turn off the VHS filter (freeze screen but the FPS box still work and Ryoba’s footstep still create sound and the arrow on Ryoba’s head still rotates if we right click and move the mouse in aphabet challenge) when I click right click to change to Ryoba’s eye vision. This bug happen when I play 1980’s mode in the first time on the first build of it
– Sometime in snap mode when Ryoba/Ayano kill Senpai they could reverse grip the knife while they stab senpai when she have some weapon in their inventory
– In the 1980’s mode we can kill kaguya (Ryoba’s first rival) by using fan elimation
– After kill Osana by using fan elimation, i clean my clothes and then kill a random student with knife (the weapon could make Yandere chan visible bloody) the blood texture will appear the blood texture when kill Osana by fan elimation
– If i conceal nemessis by garbage bag (not disguise as a girl student) her corpse will disapear.
Hope you will fix this bug !!
1. I’ll fix.
2. I cannot replicate this bug.
3. I need clear instructions on exactly how to replicate this bug.
4. I’ll fix.
5. Seems fine to me. Not really a bug.
6. I’ll fix.
YandereDev can you add heart when pass time back in 80s pls? I want that very much
Hi, YandereDev. I was playing 1980’s mode and I saw a character with a cell phone in her hand. Her name is Ikue Yatabaiashi.
I need to know more about the exact circumstances that occurred before the phone appeared in her hand.
Hey YandereDev! I really like the old hair that Yan-Chan used to have, Do you think that in the debug menu you can add something in to switch to the old hair? Just a suggestion. And Happy New Years everyone!!
After enabling debug commands, you can change Yandere-chan’s hairstlye using the “H” key.
You can hold down the “H” key and press the “left arrow” key to go backwards through the hairstyle list.
hey yandere dev this ,ight sound like a stupid suggestion but you should change ryobas room back into like yanchans room from like April 2014 pls don’t hate on me just a suggestion what do you think
Although it would be a cool throwback to the early days of the game’s development, there simply isn’t enough space in that room for all the things that need to exist there.
Hi YandereDev, when will you add the Drive-to-murder elimination?