Looks like all of the critical / game-breaking bugs have been fixed, meaning that now I can start shifting my focus to fixing minor issues that have been annoying people…and things that were annoying me personally!
To read a list of everything that has been fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll down past this amazing artwork by watercye!
Fixes and Changes
- Some users have been reporting that it is impossible to open the easter egg menu in 202X. However, I’m able to open the easter egg menu in 202X without a problem. Because I can’t replicate the bug myself, I can’t investigate what might be causing it. However, I’ve attempted to implement a work-around. If you’re unable to open the easter egg menu in 202X, go to the turtle in the Light Music Club, open his menu, then exit his menu. This might enable the easter egg menu. Let me know if it works for you.
- If the player triggered the cutscene where the counselor yells at the rival, and then the player killed someone and made the police arrive at school, the “End of Day” sequence would get stuck and become unable to proceed. This bug has been fixed.
- I’ve removed the “Fake Reaction” feature from the game. It created too many bugs and was too “situational” to be a valuable feature worth keeping in the game.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to display a message about the 1989 Newspaper Club shutting down if the player shut down any club in 202X.
- I took away the short time delay before you’re allowed to make selections on the Calendar screen so that you can get through it quicker.
- Updated Ryoba’s hair model at the end of the “Thanks For Playing” sequence to reflect what her hair model looks like in 1980s Mode.
- Replaced the model of Ryoba’s game console to make it more closely resemble a Japanse 80s console than a western 80s console.
- Fixed bug that prevented two of the bully girls from participating in any bullying activities during Osana’s week.
- Fixed bug that prevented the 1989 student portraits from having the intended blue tint.
- Fixed bug that forced the 1980s VHS filter effects onto the cinematic camera in 202X.
- Replaced the duplicate plushie on the plushie shelf with a new one.
- Added another new plushie to the plushie shelf.