Got a biiiiig list of bug-fixes for you today! Half are from 1980s Mode, half are for the main story mode. There are also some commonly-requested quality-of-life improvements in this build, too.
And, on a completely related note, I’d also like to share some videos with you that were created by fans of Yandere Simulator!
To see a list of everything that was changed or fixed in the latest build – and to see the videos I’d like to share with you – scroll down past this super-cute artwork by TrainerAsh and Red35!
Fixes and Changes
- As of now, you no longer have to watch the outcome of a sabotaged Rival/Senpai event in order for the game to track it as a sabotaged event. After performing the act of sabotage, you can just go straight home, and your progress towards the Rejection elimination method will be updated accordingly.
- Previously, Senpai did not eat lunch during Chigusa’s week, making it impossible to sabotage Chigusa’s “feed a bento to Senpai” event. From now on, Senpai will eat lunch during Chigusa’s week, allowing the sabotage method to apply to her.
- Previously, Sonoko did not eat lunch during her week, making it impossible to kill her with a poisoned bento. From now on, Sonoko will eat lunch during her week, allowing the poison method to apply to her.
- If the player entered the delinquent beat-em-up scene with motion blur active, a bizarre blurry visual effect would cover up the enemy delinquents. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause some of Ryoba’s animation layers to not properly play their animations after returning from the delinquent beat-em-up minigame.
- Fixed bug that caused 1980s models to appear in the modern-day gameplay mode and prevented some of the modern-day clubroom props from appearing properly.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Hair Salon clerk from saying any dialogue if the player attempted to purchase an item without having enough money.
- Fixed bug that would cause Student Council boys to freeze in place when attempting to pick up a weapon that had been dropped on the ground.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “stopped by Journalist before confession” cutscene to be obscured by unintentional amounts of bloom.
- Fixed bug that caused the Headmaster’s textures to be all messed up if he had to appear in the End-of-Day credits sequence.
- Fixed bug that caused rivals to slowly slide across the ground in a shocked pose if they discovered a corpse.
- Attempted to fix bug that was causing some players to get stuck with a draw distance limit of 10 meters.
- Fixed bug that allowed a landline telephone to appear in the faculty room in the modern-day story mode.
- Corrected typo in “True Ending” timeline sequence; changed the spelling of Ichiro’s name to Ichirou.
- Fixed bug that caused Nemesis to have a bunch of weird effects active during Mission Mode.
- Fixed typo in newspaper article that referred to one of the rivals by the incorrect name.
- Fixed bug that prevented student profiles from displaying properly outside of 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that caused rivals to freeze in place permanently if they witnessed murder.
- Fixed bug that allowed players to get stuck inside of bathtubs in the insane asylum.
- Changed the text describing what the Chemistry stat does, since it was inaccurate.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to complete student Tasks outside of 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that made Riku Soma behave as if he were Osana’s suitor.
- Fixed typo in one of Info-chan’s Scheme descriptions.
- Tweaked Hose’s student profile a bit.
Recent Fan-Made Videos
Recently, fans of Yandere Simulator have been creating some really cool stuff. Please check out the following videos!
The music that you heared in the 1980s Mode Announcement Video was an original track called “Deadly Dangerous Love” which was created just for the announcement. A fan has created a cover of the song using NEUTRINO, a vocal synthesizer program (similar to Vocaloid, the program that creates Hatsune Miku’s vocals). Here it is:
The credits theme of Yandere Simulator is “Star Crossed Lovers”, and a Brazilian fan of the game recently created a Portugese cover of the song:
And another fan has created a completely original song inspired by Yandere Simulator, which features some pretty creative lyrics!
It fills me with joy to see Yandere Simulator inspire people to create things like this! I hope that I’ll see many more of these creations in the future!