Hi! I’ve got two things to share with you today: a new build, and a Q&A!
Recently, the Yandere Simulator Wiki compiled a list of over 100 questions that the community wanted to ask me, and I answered every one of them!
You can read my answers here on this page: https://yandere-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Jackboog21/YandereDev_Wiki_Q%26A:_Answers
It was really fun to participate in a fan-organized event; I enjoyed it very much, and I’d love to continue doing things like this with the community in the future!
In addition to that, I’m also releasing a new build today with a lot of bug fixes and a small number of new features. To see a list of everything that changed in the latest build, scroll down past this chilling artwork by lukarte99!
- It is now possible to find a “manhole cover tool” in the faculty room. This is an alternative to beating up a delinquent to get a crowbar to open the manhole cover.
- It is now possible to purchase a box of stink bombs from Info-chan. You can use the stink bombs to make characters flee the immediate area for 10 seconds, then run back. (You can use this to get all of the teachers out of the faculty room!) (The stink bomb box doesn’t have a texture yet, sorry about that.)
- I learned that chemistry labs in high schools usually have an “emergency shower” for the purpose of cleaning spilled chemicals off of students in the case of an accident involving dangerous substances, so I’ve decided to add one to the Science Lab room! You can only use the shower if you approach it while you covered in blood and holding a clean uniform in your arms. It’s a faster “swap into a clean uniform” process than running to the shower building, so this may become the new optimal method for changing clothing!
- The “Drive To Murder” box on the Demo Checklist will now be unlocked if the player drives a student to murder Osana, without kidnapping or mind-breaking anyone. (You remember how to do that, right?)
- Made a handful of aesthetic changes to some characters and props (the Martial Arts club members, the gym teacher, Amai’s mother inside the bakery on the street, some of the bully girls, the infirmary anatomy model, etc).
- Made adjustment that will improve the framerate slightly at the start of the day, when looking towards the school building from the walkway leading up to school.
- Made changes to the particle system used by the fountain in the plaza that may improve the framerate for some players when looking towards the plaza.
- The player can no longer do a task for Raibaru. It was trivializing the entire “befriend Budo to get Raibaru to leave Osana’s side” feature.
- Replaced the model for Osana’s cat and the stray cat found at school. Instead of store-bought models with a realistic art style, the cats now use an original model with an anime art style!
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru to snap out of the “being killed by mind-broken slave” animation and go attend a scripted event, if Horuda attacked her near the beginning of the day.
- Fixed bug that would cause Student Council girls to slide across the ground if they noticed Yandere-chan commit murder immediately after saying “Hmm…”
- Fixed bug that caused Raibaru to run to the location of Osana’s corpse even when she shouldn’t know that location, if Osana was killed at lunchtime.
- Fixed bug that was preventing a mind-broken slave’s weapon from appearing in their hands when attacking Raibaru.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Report Blood/Corpse” feature from working with the Nurse or Gym Teacher.
- Fixed bug that could cause Raibaru to get stuck in a static pose after Horuda failed to kill her.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to clip through one of the gym’s walls and go out-of-bounds.
- Fixed bug that caused the delinquents to react to the weapon bag as if it was a cello case.
- Fixed issue that could cause Riku to get stuck when trying to pathfind around in the gym.
- Fixed minor mesh/texture errors in the Science Lab room.
At the end of my last video, I mentioned that I wanted to make a video discussing how I feel about the fact that Yandere Simulator has been in development for 7 years. I’m currently in the process of writing the script for the video…but, to be honest, I’m having a lot more difficulty than usual. For this video in particular, I feel that it’s especially important to take extra special care with my wording and make sure that nothing I say can be misinterpreted.
There is a lot of information I want to convey, but I also want to keep it brief. I want to be as honest as possible, but I also want to keep it lighthearted and positive. I want to clear up some misinformation, but I also don’t want to sound overly defensive. It’s a difficult video to make, but I also think that it’s an incredibly important video to make, so I’m going to re-write the script as many times as it takes until I get it perfect and find the best way to articulate my thoughts. I’m sorry to keep you waiting!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!