Bug fixes have gradually been piling up, so I’ve decided to release a new build with some issues fixed!
To see a list of everything that was changed or fixed in the latest build, scroll down past this super badass artwork of the Yakuza, drawn by Manya-kun!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause the “zoom in on the map” feature to also cause the camera to zoom in on Yandere-chan as soon as the player left the map screen and returned to gameplay.
- It is now possible to back out of a socializing/gossiping interaction, and end the interaction without making any statements to the student you’re talking to.
- Updated the “social interaction / gossip” interface to make it more clear whether the player is currently performing a positive or negative interaction.
- Fixed bug that could result in students walking up the northwest stairway to notice Osana’s corpse near the rooftop fan where she could be decapitated.
- Info-chan’s “Wad of Cash” is now $20 instead of $100, since it was way too imbalanced and trivialized the maid cafe minigame when it was $100.
- Fixed bug that caused Raibaru to glitch out during Osana’s Tuesday lunchtime event if Raibaru’s reputation was lowered beneath -33 on Monday.
- Fixed bug that prevented Sakyu and Inkyu’s subtitles from displaying if Osana and Raibaru were having a conversation at the same time.
- Fixed bug that caused Raibaru / Senpai to become distracted by Yandere-chan crouching, while they were reacting to Osana’s corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause Osana’s hair to change on Week 2 if she spent Week 1 as a kidnapped prisoner or mind broken slave.
- Changed Osana’s routine at Cleaning Time so that she should no longer clip into Senpai while he’s cleaning the school fountain.
- Fixed bug that would make two “Skip” prompts appear onscreen simultaneously during the Sunday cutscene.
- Fixed bug that caused club leaders’ voiced lines to overlap as the player went through their dialogue.
- Fixed bug that prevented Miyuji from properly pathfinding to her destination in the Light Music Club.
- Fixed bug that caused a kidnapping to count as a “Kill” on the title screen.
This build is actually kind of noteworthy for having an above-average number of changes that were made purely for the sake of aesthetic improvement. Here’s a list:
Purely Aesthetic Changes
- Updated the texture used by the school’s cherry trees to be closer to the look-and-feel of actual real cherry trees and not over-saturated pink blobs.
- Completely replaced all of the props inside of the Science Lab so that it looks unique, instead of looking like any other classroom.
- Fixed bug that caused the outlines on some student portraits to be different widths than other students’ outlines.
- Fixed bug that made Yandere-chan wear the wrong shoes (outdoor instead of indoor) in the intro cutscene.
- Updated one of the game’s background tracks, “Schoolday 5”, provided by CameronF305!
- Updated Yandere-chan’s pajama model and “hair down at night” model.
- Updated the desk and chair models inside of the A/V Room.
- Completely re-arranged the props of the Home Ec room.
- Updated the light music club’s hair textures.
- Updated Horuda’s hair model and portrait.
- Updated the art club’s hair textures.
- Updated the bullies’ hair textures.
- Updated Uekiya’s hair texture.