I fixed some bugs related to Raibaru, and made some progress towards making the last remaining improvements that I wanted to make before we can move out of this “refine the demo” stage of the game’s development.
To read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, please scroll down past this gorgeous artwork by WhiteCat!
- Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that caused Raibaru to always know Osana’s current location at school, even if the player had killed Osana and hidden her body while Raibaru wasn’t around. (When Osana dies while Raibaru is not present, Raibaru is supposed to travel to Osana’s “last known position” rather than her corpse’s current location.)
- Fixed bug that prevented certain students from using the right animation when traveling to a drinking fountain to drink water.
- Fixed bug that would cause some of Osana’s Monday events to break if the player spoke to Raibaru while an event was ongoing.
- If you are playing the game with a gamepad, you will now see Xbox icons instead of keyboard icons in Yancord.
- It is now possible to send a student to distract Raibaru (as long as she isn’t in a scripted event.)
- Fixed bug that caused masks to transform into uniforms after being put into the washing machine.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to equip / de-equip weapons while in the middle of combat.
- Fixed bug that prevented Osana from realizing when she wasn’t hanging out with Raibaru.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Go Away” feature from working with Raibaru.
- This is an extremely minor detail that is probably imperceptible at this stage of the game, but from now on, every time you collect a Senpai Shrine item, the “lose control around Senpai” radius will get a little smaller. After 1 item it’ll be 90%, after 5 items it’ll be 50%, and after 10 items, Yandere-chan will no longer lose control of herself around Senpai. Every week, it becomes possible to obtain one new item for the Senpai Shrine, meaning that you’d need to collect all 10 Senpai Shrine items over the course of 10 weeks to become immune to Senpai’s aura in the final week of the game. There is currently only one playable week in the game, thus there is only one Senpai Shrine item in the game. So, it’s currently only possible to reduce the Senpai radius from 100% to 90%. But, I did want to mention that this feature is now in the game!