The Amai Challenge has been out for several months, but I never announced what I gained or learned from watching people play it! That’s what I’ve made a video about today.
In short, I observed that people had far more meaningful experiences with the Amai Challenge than with Osana’s week, and I could easily see the exact reasons why. It’s given me a sobering reminder of where my priorities should be, and it has inspired me to make some pretty meaningful changes to Raibaru and Osana’s week. I’ve made a video all about it – please check it out!
Oh, yeah, and I’d like to mention that it’s now possible to order Yandere Simulator plushies from Crowdmade!
You’re only able to order for the next 10 days, so if you want them, hop on it right away!
I’m also releasing a new build today. Click “Continue Reading” to read a list of the changes!
- Budo’s “ask Raibru to visit the Martial Arts Club” task was WAY too overpowered, so it has been changed. Budo will now refuse to talk to you about his Task unless you’ve befriended all of the Martial Arts Club students. (I was planning to give each member of the Martial Arts Club a unique Task in this build, but it couldn’t happen. I lack voice actresses for the two female club members. So, all of the Martial Arts Club students will simply use the generic placeholder Task for now.)
- Raibaru will now investigate distractions such as giggles, radios, and bang snaps. However, if Raibaru is in an event, she will ignore the distraction. When this happens, a notification will appear onscreen.
- Raibaru now walks beside Osana instead of walking behind Osana (it’s a little glitchy right now. If it’s so glitchy that people say it’s actually a downgrade from how it was before, I’ll change it back.)
- Raibaru’s reputation has been lowered to a number that will make it much easier to eliminate her with gossip. (Raibaru now has half the reputation of Osana.)
- The player can now talk to Raibaru anytime. However, Osana will stop moving when the player speaks to Raibaru.
- Raibaru now performs an animation when Yandere-chan and Osana talk about the stalker on the school rooftop.
- Adjusted numerous student routines so that there are many more students located along Osana’s route through school, so that even if the player distracts Raibaru with an easy method such as a radio or a dropped object, the player still has to put forth some effort to distract (or kill) any other potential witnesses nearby Osana at the time.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Replaced the headmaster statue behind the school. This new statue is awesome, check it out! It depicts the headmaster when he was in is 20s, back when the school was originally founded in 1985.
- Students no longer arrive at school in V-shaped formations; instead, they are evenly dispersed throughout the long walkway that leads up to the school entrance.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from remembering whether or not the player wanted motion blur enabled or disabled. (Please disable it if you don’t like it!)
- Delinquents will now accept snacks from Yandere-chan in Mission Mode so that it is possible to electrocute them at a drinking fountain.
- Fixed bug that caused Senpai to remain on the rooftop permanently if Osana never made it her to her Friday lunchtime rooftop event.
- Fixed bug that caused the wrong text to appear at the bottom of the screen after purchasing a student’s opinions from Info-chan.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from recognizing that Osana had been eliminated if Yandere-chan was suspended from school.
- Fixed bug that caused the Friday morning “talk with Musume” event to happen even if Musume was a mind-broken slave.
- It is now possible to dispose of concealed body parts (in garbage bags) using the vat of acid in the Science Club.
- The game should now correctly remember whether or not you’ve enabled or disabled depth of field and motion blur.
- Fixed bug that caused a framerate dip whenever the player dropped a weapon that they were holding.
- It is no longer necessary to spend all of your study points in order to leave the class screen.
- It is now possible to dispose of evidence and body parts by dumping them into the sewer.
- The post-credits headmaster scene now uses the new headmaster office models.
- From now on, you can’t poison a bento if a witness can see you.
- Fixed bug that made the water in the sewer the wrong color.
- Fixed bug that made the water disappear in Yanvania.
If you’re interested in a challenge, then try distracting Raibaru, eliminating Osana with a weapon, and disposing of Osana’s body without being witnessed, as though you were playing the Amai Challenge. If possible, do it in as many different ways as you can think of! I’ll definitely be able to learn something from watching you!