The next update I want to release requires a bunch of sweeping changes all throughout the game. I’m not sure how long it’ll take me to prepare that update, so before I begin working on it, I want to make extra-sure that the latest build of the game is as bug-free as possible. That’s the purpose of today’s build!
To see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, please check out this beautiful artwork by OMGayano – if you’re a fan of Doki Doki Literature Club, you’ll instantly recognize the scene that this artwork is paying homage to!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- It is now possible to use the “Favor” dialogue option when talking to the bully girls as they are sunbathing. Befriending all of them and telling them to leave the area is now a valid alternative to performing Gema’s Task.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player’s mask/gloves/raincoat from being recognized as “bloody clothing” if those articles of clothing were worn while the player killed Osana using the rooftop fan.
- If you shut down a club, then loaded an earlier save, the club that you shut down would still be closed, even though you had loaded a save from before it was shut down. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a limb to spawn infinite garbage bags if the player tried to put a limb into a garbage bag after putting at least 100 other limbs into garbage bags.
- Fixed bugs that would occur if the player saved and loaded the game at the immediate start of the day, while Osana was still talking to Senpai.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Attack” icon from filling in on the Demo Checklist if Osana’s body was disposed of after she had been stabbed.
- The textures on the exterior of the locker room got scrambled a long time ago, and I didn’t notice until today. Whoops! They’ve been fixed.
- Fixed bug that made the “Revision A” text at the title screen look blurry if the game was being played at a resolution of 1080p or higher.
- Gave another attempt to fix that bug that would cause students to get stuck on a cardboard box when walking down the school corridors.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player’s collected Senpai Shrine items from appearing in the Senpai Shrine during the Sunday cutscene.
- Attempted once again to fix the bug that would make the school pool’s water turn pure white under several different circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would cause all weapons at school to disappear if the guidance counselor spoke to Osana in her office.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from picking up the key to the safe in the Headmaster’s office.
- Fixed bug that would allow items to clip inside of the washing machine and become inaccessible.
- The new hedge walls at the north end of the school no longer clip through the nearby walls.
- Improved the “Info Points” icon.
- Added a new easter egg to the game – “Hollow Mode”. I’m just letting you know right now, it doesn’t have much functionality. I simply wanted to see if I could achieve a specific aesthetic. Because the easter egg is very bare bones, I can’t guarantee that it’ll provide hours of fun…but I’m proud that I was able to hit the aesthetic target that I was aiming for!