A lot of bugs have been reported lately, so I’ve prepared a bug-fixing build. The build also contains one new feature; although it’s a minor one, it has the potential to be expanded and given more utility in the future.
To read a list of everything that changed in the latest build, scroll down this artwork of Osana drawn in the Persona 5 art style by NoicePotato!
If the image looks cropped, that’s because it is; the full image is huuuuuge! Click here to see the complete illustration!
Previously, it was impossible to complete any Mission Mode mission that involved poisoning a bully, because there was never a point in time when the player had an opportunity to poison their food; instead of eating food at lunchtime, they sunbathed at the pool instead, which made them some of the only students who never ate food at any point during the schoolday.
So, I’ve added a method for changing the bullies’ routine; preventing access to the pool. It is now possible to put a sign in front of the pool which announces that the pool is off-limits. (The sign is found in the same storage closet where many other useful items are found.) If you put this sign at the top of the pool stairs, the bullies won’t sunbathe at lunchtime, and the Sports Club will jog instead of swim for their after-school club activity. This sign can only be placed before lunchtime; after lunchtime, it will be too late for the news of the closed pool to reach anyone, and it won’t affect anyone’s routine.
Although it’s currently only possible to close off the pool, I might decide to expand this feature so that it’s possible to close off any arbitrary area in the school. There are plenty of ways this could help you! For example, if you kill a rival in the gym, you could drop an “Off Limits!” sign in front of the gym, so that you could dismember the rival’s corpse without worrying about anyone walking in on you. This feature was put into the game purely to accommodate players of Mission Mode, but it might actually become a full-fledged mechanic in the future…
I acknowledge that the mechanic is currently a bit imbalanced; making an area off-limits is an incredibly valuable ability, and it should require more work than just plopping a sign on the ground. In the future, I think that this mechanic should require a bit more work from the player. One option is to make the sign much more difficult to access. Another concept is to somehow make the pool area become dangerous, which would make the faculty declare it off-limits until the danger has been removed. Another idea is that the player could be given the ability to join the student council, which would give the player the authority to declare certain areas of the school as “off-limits.” Hmm…there are a lot of different ideas to consider.
Anyway, now that it’s possible to kill the bullies with poison, I wonder if anyone would be bold enough to try completing this mission?
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that would prevent Osana from properly exiting her “calling the police” state if she witnessed evidence that Yandere-chan was a murderer while she was in the process of calling the police to report Raibaru’s death.
- Fixed bug that would make a student’s bento float in midair if they were lured away from their bento with a giggle, and then distracted by another giggle while walking back to their bento.
- Fixed bug that caused Osana, Raibaru, and the bully girls to not behave properly if the player saved the game while those characters were sunbathing and then reloaded the save.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to dip her mop into the wrong bucket if she was standing near two buckets and the player tried to activate the prompt over one of them.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the Student Council from pepper-spraying Yandere-chan if she tried to attack them from the front.
- Attempted to fix bug that would occur if a student was attempting to investigate a dropped weapon that was on top of a table.
- Fixed bug that would make the sewer permanently appear onscreen if the player played the Light Music Club’s rhythm minigame.
- Attempted to eliminate the possibility that a corpse could fail to float down the sewer pipe after falling down there.
- Fixed bug that caused Raibaru to stop following Osana if the player arranged a meeting with her at 3:30 AM.
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru to perpetually “cheer” for Osana whenever the player loaded a save.
- Fixed bug that caused problems to occur if Osana dodged a bucket of gasoline during any of her events.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to unlock the “Push” icon on the Demo Checklist.
- Fixed bug that caused the tape player’s animation speed to be dependent on the player’s framerate.
- Fixed bug that made the Calendar screen laggy and choppy.
- The incinerator area is now surrounded by chain-link fences instead of walls, and the incinerator area now has a door. This is part of an upcoming update to the incinerator area. It’s not finished yet, but I hope you’ll look forward to the end result!