Update: Oops! The new build that I uploaded had the .exe in the wrong place, so the game wouldn’t run. I’ve re-uploaded the build with the .exe in the right place. Please download the latest build to play the game without having to mess with the location of the .exe. Sorry about that!
Out of all the videos I’ll be uploading in December, this is the most important one. This video answers a lot of questions:
- What’s the criteria for completing a rival?
- How quickly can new rivals be added to the game?
- What is missing in order to add more rivals to the game?
- Why does Yandere Simulator need a crowdfunding campaign?
- What will be the stretch goals for the crowdfunding campaign?
- What will happen if the crowdfunding campaign fails?
- What does YandereDev need to do before launching the crowdfunding campaign?
- Why doesn’t YandereDev just use his Patreon money to hire a team?
- How much of the money raised through the Crowdfunding campaign will go to YandereDev?
- What year will Yandere Simulator be released in?
- When will YandereDev launch the crowdfunding campaign?
- When will Amai be finished?
- Will there be any more “Challenges” like the Amai Challenge?
- What will YandereDev be focusing on at this point?
This is probably one of the most informative videos I’ve ever made! To be perfectly honest with you…I re-wrote, re-recorded, and re-edited this video 5 times because I was always dissatisfied with it and always wanted to go back and add more information / clarification. I’m finally happy with it, though (for now!) and I really hope that you enjoy it!
Okay, with that out of the way, I have to admit something:
I screwed up really bad yesterday!!!
The “Amai Challenge” was accidentally released with a critical flaw: It was possible to talk to Amai! This was completely unintentional. That was never part of my plan for the Challenge. The player is not meant to be able to talk with Amai while she’s busy operating a bake sale. If you think about it, realistically, a person who is busy selling baked goods is not going to drop everything they’re doing to chat with you. It was always my plan that Amai would simply reply with, “Sorry, I can’t talk right now” if the player tried to talk to her. However, I released the Challenge without this feature, so nobody experienced the Challenge as intended. What a terrible blunder! I feel so bad about it!
In the final game, every rival will, of course, have circumstances that prevent “Befriend her and ask her to follow you someplace private” from being a valid strategy without putting in some work first. Sometimes you’ll have to deal with a group of followers first (like Kizana), sometimes the rival will have overwhelming strength (like Osoro), and sometimes it’ll be something completely different (like Hanako). The player will always have to solve a “puzzle” (like getting rid of Raibaru) before making a rival become vulnerable. The experience will be different for each rival, but it should never be as easy as just talking to her repeatedly, or befriending her and then leading her somewhere within the first few minutes of the game.
If you spoke with Amai in order to complete the Challenge, you didn’t get the intended experience, and I didn’t get any meaningful data from watching you. I’m very sorry! I really hope that you’ll download the new build that I’ve released today and try it again.
On that note, click “Continue Reading” to learn what has changed in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- It is no longer possible to talk with Amai during the Amai Challenge; this simulates what it would actually be like to attempt to eliminate her the final game.
- Fixed bug that prevented the buttons at the bottom of the screen from updating properly when the player exited the Schedule menu.
- Fixed bug that caused Itachi’s armband to clip into his arm after he changed into his swimming trunks.
- It is now possible to dispose of bloody weapons and uniforms in the vat of acid in the Science Club.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to open the Schedule screen while inside of Yandere-chan’s home.
- Updated the flowers that replace blood graphics when the player has chosen to censor blood.
- Fixed bug at the title screen that prevented the “Extras” menu option from doing anything.
- Fixed the audio de-synchronization issue with disposing of corpses in the vat of acid.
- Fixed bug at the title screen that prevented the player from accessing the Credits.
- Disabled the “Vote for Megami!” props that were accidentally left in the build.