I’ve been fixing a LOT of bugs during the process of preparing the official demo. The latest version of the game is way less buggy/janky than it was before, so I’ve decided to release a new build.
To read a list of everything that is different in the latest build (and maybe read about something else, too…) scroll down past this super-cool illustration by Nanteka!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Adjusted some of the text that displays when the player leaves school at the end of the day. Because Senpai will leave school with Osana before 6:00 PM, text like “Yandere-chan stood at the entrance of the school and waited for Senpai…” wouldn’t make sense if the player is leaving school after Senpai had already left school. The latest version of the text has been adjusted so that it accounts for whether or not Senpai has already left school.
- Info-chan’s “Purchase Dark Secret” service now applies to Osana instead of Kokona. But, since Osana isn’t in the game, this pretty much means that it’s a service that won’t be useful to the player in the debug build. (On the positive side, though, this means that I’m quickly chewing through the list of everything that needs to be done to prepare Osana for release!)
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to trap Nemesis inside of the greenhouse. (But, it would be cool if the player was given the ability to lock doors to trap students inside of rooms…this was actually a feature I planned to put into the game, back in 2014…)
- Fixed bug that caused Heroic students to completely ignore the fact that Yandere-chan was a murderer if they were on their way to report a corpse to a teacher before they witnessed Yandere-chan commit murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause the camera to zoom over to Senpai if a teacher noticed a corpse and also noticed Yandere-chan looking suspicious a large distance away from the corpse, on the same frame.
- Fixed bug that would prevent students from responding to the “Send Home” command if they were in the middle of reacting to Yandere-chans’ camera when the command was used.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Heroic student to run in place if they were waiting for Yandere-chan to finish a killing animation before engaging in a struggle with her.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers to respond incorrectly to distractions/alarming things if they had placed a dropped weapon in the faculty room earlier in the day.
- Fixed bug that would allow the gym teacher to open/close the school gate while on the other side of the wall that contains the gate control switch.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to fail to enter the “electrocuted” animation if they were electrocuted while investigating a giggle.
- Fixed bug that would cause swimming characters to react to murder while swimming, then run across the surface of water to apprehend you.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a teacher from being able to apprehend Yandere-chan if Yandere-chan sat down in a chair while being chased.
- Fixed bug that would cause text displayed on both sides of the “Random Mission” screen to be inconsistent when creating a random mission.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to use the “Send Home” command on students that they had not collected a photograph of.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to softlock if a teacher was chasing after Yandere-chan, but couldn’t pathfind to her.
- Fixed bug that gave the player the ability to look at the information of students they had not taken a picture of.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from correctly tracking the player’s money if they restarted a day.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if the player took a photograph of Nemesis’ panties.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to choose students 06~09 for a mission mode.
If I listed every single change I’ve made to the game that was related to preparing Osana and the official demo for release, this list would be twice as long. However, you don’t need to hear stuff like “Fixed bug that made Osana fly into the sky” because you’ve never had a build where you were able to encounter that bug, anyway.
I should mention that this is probably the last build that will allow the player to matchmake Kokona and Riku. To put the finishing touches on Osana’s matchmaking elimination method, I will have to make changes that are incompatible with Kokona/Riku, so in the next build, you’ll see that feature just sort of disappear. Again, I consider this thing to be a very clear sign of how close the official demo is; I’m at the stage where I’m ripping out placeholder/debug functionality and replacing it with “final” functionality.
11 Years of Streaming
On January 17th, 2009, I streamed a video game for the first time. It completely changed my life; once I experienced the thrill of playing video games while interacting with a big audience, I didn’t want to do anything else! For a period of several years, I streamed every day, usually for 12 hours straight!
Every year, during the month of January, I take two days off from work to celebrate the anniversary of the first time I ever streamed a video game by replaying the first two games I ever streamed. On January 17th, I play Resident Evil 4, and on January 19th, I play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.
If you’d like to join me, you can find me at twitch.tv/yanderedev, starting at 12:00 noon in the PST timezone. Even if you only pop in for a few minutes just to say hello, I would be very happy to see you there!