Been working on Osana. A lot of playtesting; a lot of asking myself, “Would a new player get confused and not understand what to do?” “Is this elimination method good or bad game design?” “What can I do to guarantee that the player won’t get frustrated here?” Most of the work I’m going right now won’t be visible until after Osana is released, but numerous little improvements and bug-fixes have been piling up, so I’m releasing a new build!
To see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll down past this striking and artistic illustration by cinnamonduh!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- From the debug menu, you can now press the “F” key to spawn a “green screen room” near the hedge maze. This is for the benefit of people who would like to place characters against a green screen when making a YouTube thumbnail, or anything else along those lines. You can press the “Z” key to cycle between different colors other than green. (For example, Midori’s hair wouldn’t work well with a green screen.) (Note: The green screen doesn’t work well with ambient occlusion, so occlusion is automatically turned off when you summon the green screen. Remember to go into the Settings menu and turn it on, if you want it back.)
- If a student is distracted by a giggle, a notification will appear at the top of the screen, so that the player can confirm that their giggle reached its target. (Previously, it was impossible to know if someone on the other side of a wall / door had been affected by a giggle.)
- Using the “Save” feature in Pose Mode will now cause a little notification to appear onscreen, so that there is no uncertainty over whether or not you successfully saved the pose.
- Once again, changed some of the environment models in the school plaza to better facilitate stealth gameplay / make it easier to use giggles to attract a student’s attention without being spotted.
- Characters will no longer check for the presence of Yandere-chan, blood, or corpses if any of those things are more than 4 meters above the character’s current position.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a red “death skull” from appearing over the portrait of a student that died from having weights dropped on their head in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug with Kiba’s hair physics that would cause her hair to twist/rotate at bizarre angles depending on the animation she was using.
- The gym teacher will no longer turn her attention away from a corpse if she hears the school gate closing.
- Fixed bug that caused an image to display inside of one of Info-chan’s text messages.
- Fixed bug that caused the Yakuza’s tattoo to be lit incorrectly.