Did you enjoy the short manga about Nemesis that I posted earlier today? If you haven’t seen it, please check it out!
And, when you’re done, there’s a new video for you to watch!
In order for me to retain all of my focus on Osana’s development, another programmer volunteered to create the maid cafe minigame for me. This feature wouldn’t exist without help from a talented gentleman named Fedora Dev! I’m eternally grateful to him for his assistance!
I’ve uploaded a new build that features the maid minigame, along with several other additions and bug-fixes. Click “Keep Reading” to see a full list of everything that is new in the latest build!
Maid Cafe Part-Time Job
- Yandere-chan can now access a part-time job from her room – working at a maid cafe! I first expressed my desire to implement this feature in a video that was uploaded in February of 2017!
- Yandere-chan can use the maid minigame to earn money. The player’s current amount of money will be displayed at the top-right corner of the game, beneath the clock.
- It is now possible to use Yandere-chan’s home computer to access an online store. Currently, only one item is sold through this store, but more items will become available in the future. (For example, the video camera used to film Musume after kidnapping her, and tools like screwdrivers and box cutters.)
- The vending machines at school now cost money to use; from now on, you will have to pay $1.00 to obtain a drink or a snack.
- There are a lot of potential utilities that money may serve in the future. For example, it’s possible that money must be spent to purchase items needed to complete Tasks for certain students. It’s also possible that money will play a role in some rivals’ befriend/betray storylines.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- In the version of the game that contains Osana, debug commands (such as “instantly befriend all students”) will not be available. Thus, when I put Osana into the game, it must be possible to befriend all students through normal gameplay, without use of debug commands. In order to befriend a student, the player must do a “Task” for them. However, implementing a “Task” for every student would be extremely time-consuming, and would delay Osana. So, instead of implementing a unique Task for every student, I have decided to implement one generic Task that applies to every student in the game. In the final game, all students will have a unique Task, but for now, most students will simply use this generic placeholder Task.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to not face the correct direction in the Guidance Counselor’s office if she was sent to the office by a Student Council member who caught the player poisoning someone’s bento.
- Fixed bug that would cause the guitar in the Light Music Club to spin through the air without being effected by gravity if Miyuji saw it on the ground and returned it to its original location.
- Fixed bug that would set a teacher’s destination to the weapon box in the faculty room if they sent Yandere-chan to the counselor while they were investigating a dropped weapon.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to switch into their normal school uniform after attending class, even when that school uniform had been splashed with water.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the guidance counselor from speaking the correct lines if the player was sent to the counselor after being witnessed poisoning a bento.
- Members of the Cooking Club will no longer attempt to give food to any student who is currently waiting to meet someone else as a result of a note in their locker.
- Fixed bug that would cause the End-Of-Day scene to last forever if the police were called to school to investigate a potential suicide, but no corpse was present.
- One of Yandere Simulator’s old post-processing effects, “Ambient Occlusion”, has been re-enabled. If you dislike it, you can disable it from the Settings menu.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to push students off the school roof while they were clapping erasers, even if there was a fence up on the school roof.
- Until now, the shower buildings were using placeholder exteriors. As of now, the shower buildings have finally been updated with better exteriors.
- Fixed bug that caused delinquents to be surprised by the sight of their own weapons, if they dropped their weapons after losing a fight.
- Fixed bug that caused students to be surprised by the sight of a box cutter, immediately after removing a box cutter from a box.
- Fixed bug that prevented the radio from emitting musical notes, like it was supposed to.
- Removed the white cube that was floating in the Light Music Club.
- Fixed props in Science Club that were floating in midair.
Further work on Raibaru, then Osana’s suitor, then Osana’s Befriend/Betray event. I might make a “Development Roadmap” image within the next few days, to communicate what remains to be done and what will be happening in the future.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!